Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

yeah but I'm thinking dude is doing Good Mornings not squating. I would never recommend front squats to someone who cant do back squats.

yeah its definitely this. straightening the legs/bringing the hips up too early and then finishing with a good morning motion. that will definitely put a lot of strain on the lower back. 

drop the weight and practice form
It may not be weight or form. Most likely it's lack of hip mobility. Most people can't go vertical in the squat because of poor hip mobility. They're physically incapable of keeping their lower back perpendicular to their legs at the bottom of the squat. 
even at our age though? if so damn lol work on some stretching.........as for the clen.....dude dont use that. 
Past the early teens flexibility starts to erode. Most folks don't stretch either. Stretching used to be part of Phys Ed class back in the day. I doubt that's the case nowadays.

If you want to expose your own lack of hip mobility try the overhead squat. If your heels stay on the floor then you're good. If not, you still have some work to do in that department. 
ive done these they are brutal since you need to focus on balancing the whole time. heels stayed on the floor, although i have always had tight hamstrings (not sure if that affects your squat though). i sort of have tight hip flexors too but those i can stretch out in like 1 min and theyre fine, hamstrings take forever 

Originally Posted by Durden7

your body doesn't "need" them like it needs fats (ESSENTIAL fatty acids), protein, cholesterol, certain vitamins and minerals, etc.

pretty sure it can keep on functioning w/o carbs at all no problem. people who are epileptic or have other conditions live on keto diets for years/life in order to reduce seizures or other problems.

with that said the right carbs in the right quantities are beneficial for athletic performance and probably a bunch of other things like cognitive performance etc. but i dont think they are required.
You really need to do some research on carbs.

Saying theyre not necessary is just plain false.
Look at nutrient breakdown without carbs and you basically lose nothing. I'm not eating 150g of something that gives me no nutritional value.

your body doesn't "need" them like it needs fats (ESSENTIAL fatty acids), protein, cholesterol, certain vitamins and minerals, etc.

pretty sure it can keep on functioning w/o carbs at all no problem. people who are epileptic or have other conditions live on keto diets for years/life in order to reduce seizures or other problems.

with that said the right carbs in the right quantities are beneficial for athletic performance and probably a bunch of other things like cognitive performance etc. but i dont think they are required.

" Carbohydrates are a common source of energy in living organisms, however, no carbohydrate is an essential nutrient in humans. Carbohydrates are not necessary building blocks of other molecules, and the body can obtain all its energy from protein and fats." 

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

How much do protein shakes really help ? Myoplex taste pretty good n they replace a meal correct?

For some people its just to time consuming or impractical to eat 5 "real" food meals a day so a protein shake replaces that meal.

Originally Posted by bamaboy256

Look at nutrient breakdown without carbs and you basically lose nothing. I'm not eating 150g of something that gives me no nutritional value.

laugh.gif

[h3]What is hypoglycemia?[/h3]Hypoglycemia, also called low blood glucose or low blood sugar, occurs when blood glucose drops below normal levels. Glucose,an important source of energy for the body, comes from food. Carbohydrates are the main dietary source of glucose

Originally Posted by Al Audi

[h3]What is hypoglycemia?[/h3]Hypoglycemia, also called low blood glucose or low blood sugar, occurs when blood glucose drops below normal levels. Glucose,an important source of energy for the body, comes from food. Carbohydrates are the main dietary source of glucose
When glycogen stores are not available in the cells, fat (triacylglycerol) is cleaved to give 3 fatty acid chains and 1 glycerol molecule in a process called lipolysis. Most of the body is able to utilize fatty acids as an alternative source of energy in a process called beta-oxidation.

Without carbs, your brain doesnt function properly.  Id say that counts as nutritional value.

yeah i mean like i said in my previous post your athletic and probably cognitive performance is not gonna be what it is with a high carb diet but when it comes down to it your body can function indefinitely without them.it would be incorrect to deem them "essential nutrients."

When glycogen stores are not available in the cells, fat (triacylglycerol) is cleaved to give 3 fatty acid chains and 1 glycerol molecule in a process called lipolysis. Most of the body is able to utilize fatty acids as an alternative source of energy in a process called beta-oxidation.
Yeah, thats right but I dont think you understand the whole picture.  Just because beta oxidation occurs, doesnt mean that fats can replace carbs.  It doesnt work that way.

yeah i mean like i said in my previous post your athletic and probably cognitive performance is not gonna be what it is with a high carb diet but when it comes down to it your body can function indefinitely without them.it would be incorrect to deem them "essential nutrients."
So youre willing to admit that they significantly impair cognitive abilities, yet you dont deem them essential?  What is essential then?  Reducing water weight is essential, but not being able to think properly isnt?
You really need to look at these things from a macro point of view and not just "bodybuilding".

Protein: Used to build cells. When there is an insufficient amount of protein in the diet (which translates into a lack of amino acids) the body runs poorly, for example, allergies, poor recovery time from physical stress, fatty liver and difficulty sleeping. 1.5 – 2 grams of protein per pound in body weight for men and 1.2 – 1.6 grams of protein for every pound in body weight for women.

Carbohydrates: The bodies preferred source of energy. Carbs are not an essential nutrient but they are easy to digest making it the 1st source of fuel your body utilizes. Carbohydrates are excellent fuel for pre workouts.

Fats: Used for cell function and maintenance, fats unlike carbohydrates provide a longer lasting source of energy. Fat will not be broken down into energy until blood sugar is exhausted and carbohydrates in the small intestine are metabolized. Eating a diet high in fat but low in carbs forces your body to metabolize fat as energy which in turn lowers overall body fat.

A diet high in protein and omega 3 fat will keep your body functioning optimally and warrant lean muscle mass.

alright joe....

love this thread guyz...

Yeah, thats right but I dont think you understand the whole picture.  Just because beta oxidation occurs, doesnt mean that fats can replace carbs.  It doesnt work that way.

So youre willing to admit that they significantly impair cognitive abilities, yet you dont deem them essential?  What is essential then?  Reducing water weight is essential, but not being able to think properly isnt?
You really need to look at these things from a macro point of view and not just "bodybuilding".

who needs brains when you have abs carved out of granite????

who needs brains when you have abs carved out of granite????
laugh.gif

but brain cells would figure that there are better ways to go about getting stone abzzz

I have a question though anyone else feel weird taking their shirt off in public..thinking people are saying look at this guy tryna show off.

you just walk around with no shirt?

well you live in bahamas i live in new england.............unless im at the beach its always T shirt time.

Does taking extenze with carbs for an insulin spike make it absorb faster? Does not taking it with carbs make me a mindless genetic jackhammer?

Originally Posted by syxth element

Originally Posted by Al Audi

yeah but I'm thinking dude is doing Good Mornings not squating. I would never recommend front squats to someone who cant do back squats.

co sign

front squats are more advanced exercise an DEF require strong core imo.
I like front squats way better than back squats, I feel it's easier to go ATG with the bar balance.

supersaiyan415, you work out in SF? I hit 24 hr fitness in SF all the time
Nah, I work out at In-Shape Health Club in Tracy. Im moving in with my mother in a few months, do you have any suggestions as far as gyms go preferably in the ssf area?
And I really appreciate the help guys.

Carbs arent needed for survival; in other words, they are not an essential nutrient needed for one to live.

Yes, of course, for optimal living, such as all of us here in the US/Canada/etc; Carbs are a necessity. However, for the poorer individuals in 3rd world countries, just by eating a protein/fat meal will meet their basic needs.

I did keto last month, i didnt like the carb ups-bloatlook or the shrunk look. It seems like i lost a inch everywhere after 3 days on it, and not in a good way. Carb ups were the worst, i think it was 600-700 carb up, best shet i ever had and worst stomach feeling.

So, im just sticking with 75-100g carbs a day, only pwo.

I figured i wouldnt need a carb up; i just wanted to see someone else say it, haha.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

Carbs arent needed for survival; in other words, they are not an essential nutrient needed for one to live.

Yes, of course, for optimal living, such as all of us here in the US/Canada/etc; Carbs are a necessity. However, for the poorer individuals in 3rd world countries, just by eating a protein/fat meal will meet their basic needs.

I did keto last month, i didnt like the carb ups-bloatlook or the shrunk look. It seems like i lost a inch everywhere after 3 days on it, and not in a good way. Carb ups were the worst, i think it was 600-700 carb up, best shet i ever had and worst stomach feeling.

So, im just sticking with 75-100g carbs a day, only pwo.

I figured i wouldnt need a carb up; i just wanted to see someone else say it, haha.
Just out of curiosity, how do you have energy to workout with only carbs PWO?

Alex

I had a massive cheat day yesterday and gained 9 pounds overnight. Holy crap...went from having completely visible abs to no abs at all. The most I ever gained in 1 day was like 6 pounds so I was definitely shocked when I stepped on the scale today. Any ideas on how I can shed the water quickly? I've drank like 20 cups of water today plus a ton of caffeine. Needless to say, no more epic cheat days for me again
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I had a massive cheat day yesterday and gained 9 pounds overnight. Holy crap...went from having completely visible abs to no abs at all. The most I ever gained in 1 day was like 6 pounds so I was definitely shocked when I stepped on the scale today. Any ideas on how I can shed the water quickly? I've drank like 20 cups of water today plus a ton of caffeine. Needless to say, no more epic cheat days for me again
embarassed.gif
lol man that's just bloat from carbs + water retention. the caffeine + some fiber will have you looking and feeling better. what did you eat though??
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom