Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

http://www.t-nation.com/f...w_to_build_pure_strength

Long +#! read.. but it gives you all of the information.
Get the e-book and read that, then you can find a spreadsheet online that will calculate your reps to use for each workout.
If you're serious about gains, this is one of the best ways to get there imo

Just read through this, seems interesting.

So you did this and got good results?

I only ask because I'm just a bit skeptical looking at this wondering if it'll actually work, but that guy obviously knows what he's talking about. 
It is arguably the most efficient way to increase your strength.
This is mostly because you are pushing yourself every time, in a different way. the last set will be 5+ meaning you want to MOVE THE EARTH BELOW YOU to get as many reps as possible. If you can only do 5 reps, that's pushing at your max... and you add weight every month. It's a complicated system but there are really good spread sheets.

As far as getting jacked... you will need to increase your body weight to move higher weights. This won't be fat necessarily.. a combination of muscle water and fat. 

So, you will get bigger and you will get stronger.

Once you are moving some real weights (after 6 strict months or even more)... you can workout with intent for size aka 8-12 rep ranges.. with heavier weights than you are now.

It's a longer term investment. with great payouts. 

wawaweewa wrote:
Crossfit is straight up basura. Stay away. 
Just a fad now that folks pay lots of money for. 

$120/month for my local crossfit gym 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Yo Brett, Would the 5/3/1 be a good thing for me to do if im trying to put on size? I wanna get to 155 by the end of this year, currently 145.

I dont know if you saw the pic I put up a couple pages back or not but yea..Just wanna know if it will benefit me.

Oh yea look at the Rocks ARMS!
eek.gif

sssssso.jpg

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Yo Brett, Would the 5/3/1 be a good thing for me to do if im trying to put on size? I wanna get to 155 by the end of this year, currently 145.

I dont know if you saw the pic I put up a couple pages back or not but yea..Just wanna know if it will benefit me.

Yes, but ensure you are eating at least 700 calories HIGHER than your maintenance 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

Originally Posted by Jordan on my feet

Originally Posted by Jordan on my feet

Hey Audi, How you liking humapro? Thinking about replacing my whey with it. Would you recommend it while bulking or just cutting?
nerd.gif
If I recall, it's made of human protein. If you are queasy about consuming humans to improve your aesthetics and strength, them Humapro is probably not for you. Otherwise, it is a good product, from what I recall reading.
laugh.gif

almost on track

yes i havnt used whey in over 6 months

it can be used for bulk and cut..........

Hugh Jackman eats 6,000 calories a day for 'The Wolverine'

While most celebrities struggle to stay lean, Hugh Jackman is busy packing on the pounds. The actor has been ordered by director Darren Aronofsky to bulk up for the new Wolverine movie.

"Right now, I’m at 210," he tells the L.A. Times of his current weight, which is the result of an intense diet and workout regime. "It’s 6,000 calories a day," he says. "It’s rough."

Jackman, 42, was closer to 190 pounds when he made 2009's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," but Aronofsky insisted he add muscle for the latest film.

"Darren said with the last one, ‘Hey you looked great, but you’re so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and that’s not Wolverine,'" explains Jackman. "He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, he’s short and thick. So he said, ‘I want you to go there, get bigger.’"

Jackman adds that he is pumped about the upcoming "The Wolverine," which, as Marquee previously reported, is not a sequel but a stand-alone film. In it, the razor-clawed Marvel hero will go into battle to win the heart of a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage was already promised to another man.

"I feel like all the planets are finally aligned to make a great movie," says Jackman. "I think we’re going to make one that people will describe as the best of the bunch."

Tell Hugh Jackman to come see Matthew McConaughey 
laugh.gif

My man, Pookie. I would get that girl in the vid a serious workout. 

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Crossfitters who did ToughMudder did it with relative ease.
The concept is legit.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Crossfitters who did ToughMudder did it with relative ease.
The concept is legit.
Tough Mudder isnt that difficult though.

wawaweewa wrote:

$120/month for my local crossfit gym 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

i looked into my local crossfit gym................no lie from what i recall it was like 250 a month

those guys are crazy.

Originally Posted by Durden7

OJ and vegetable juice?  
sick.gif

Beyond the yuck factor.. is there anything unhealthy/bad about this??? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
No, nothing wrong with it at all.  I just cant imagine drinking vegetable oil and OJ.  $%%%, I cant even imagine drinking vegetable oil at all. 
laugh.gif

6,000 cals a day could add up to 2 lbs a week
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Time to cut for me, I'm at 210 but need to lose the gut I'm getting from jumping 20 pounds :wow:l

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What's your Fran time???[/color]

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

What's your best stone medley? 
What's your fastest duece? 

What's your best 20 rep squat?

What's your best  yoke for 100ft?

What's your fastest smash session?

What's your best clean complex?

See the point? 

What's your point?

See the point? 

What's your point?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]it was just a question...U said it was trash, so just wanted to see how good you did on a popular Crossfit workout....Cause you're such a superior Athlete it seems...[/color]

See the point? 

What's your point?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]it was just a question...U said it was trash, so just wanted to see how good you did on a popular Crossfit workout....Cause you're such a superior Athlete it seems...[/color]
I don't train crossfit, so what do you think about me doing at a specialized exercise. Give me some time to specialize in it and I think I'll do fine. Better than the vast majority of "crossfitters" prob. 
It's like me asking you " Yo! what's your best snatch?" in response to you saying oly lifting sucks. I should ask "why?" not start asking you what;s your best at exercises you've never specialized in. 

Back
Top Bottom