Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Plitt goes HAMMM on steroid users at the end of his new video. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

He'd lose business.
Roids are a lot cheaper than his membership's. 
laugh.gif
 GP is absolutely the most 'punch-able' face out there.. but @ $10/month I'm all ears/eyes.
Even with gear it takes hard work and nutrition understanding. 

KiiidThrash wrote:
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]anyone know if 20 mins of "boxing" style jumproping is a even substitute for running 20 mins??[/color]

Strong font color 
laugh.gif
 but yeah jump rope is probably 10x more effective. 

Not that I know exactly.... but it's be most effective method of burning fat.

lol somebody asked me today if im on roids.........ive beefed back up

to be honest.......i dont think im suppose to be really lean athletic..........i mean if you seen my parents.....i mean hell if you seen even just my mom...........ud understand.

so much easier for me to big bigger, but im gonna start doing cardio for real an stop bein lazy, anybody here do fasted cardio in the mornings?

Did some power cleans this week 5x5 and Military press 5x5.. my traps hurt like Jenna Jamiesons !%$%$

Overhead Press:

FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.

Universal Nutrition Voluntarily Recalling Several Protein-Based Supplements Due To Possible Salmonella Contamination

(732) 545-3130

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - March 17, 2011 - Universal Nutrition of New Brunswick, NJ is voluntarily recalling specific lot numbers for Gain Fast, LAVA, Real Gains, Super Whey Pro, Torrent, Ultra Mass 4500, Ultra Whey Pro and Uni-Syn because one ingredient, whey protein, has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.

The voluntary recall for the aforementioned products extends to all fifty states and the products were offered through a variety of distribution channels including health food stores, gyms, and internet-based, e-commerce sites.

The following are lot numbers involved in this voluntary recall:

Universal Gain Fast, Vanilla Shake, 2.55 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180104 with Exp. Date 02/10/2014, UPC 039442012159
Universal LAVA, Orange Slush, 2.75 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180013 with Exp. Date 02/10/2014, UPC 039442011503
Universal Real Gains, Chocolate Ice Cream, 6.85 lb plastic bucket, Lot # 179922 A, B with Exp. Date 02/01/2014, UPC 039442011992
Universal Super Whey Pro, Vanilla, 1 lb bag, Lot # 179881 with Exp. Date 02/01/2014, UPC 039442015945
Universal Torrent, Cherry Berry Blast, 3.28 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180069 with Exp. Date 02/09/2014, UPC 039442048141
Universal Torrent, Green Apple Avalanche, 3.28 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 179883 with Exp. Date 02/07/2014, UPC 039442048165
Universal Torrent, Cherry Berry Blast, 6.1 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180071 with Exp. Date 02/09/2014, UPC 039442048158
Universal Torrent, Green Apple Avalanche, 6.1 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180072 with Exp. Date 02/10/2014, UPC 039442048172
Universal Torrent, Sour Citrus Rush, 6.1 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180002 with Exp. Date 02/09/2014, UPC 039442048196
Universal Ultra Mass 4500, Vanilla Shake, 9.3 lb plastic bucket, Lot # 180100 B with Exp. Date 02/09/2014, UPC 039442013507
Universal Ultra Mass 4500, Chocolate Shake, 9.3 lb plastic bucket, Lot # 180099 B with Exp. Date 02/10/2014, UPC 039442013590
Universal Ultra Whey Pro, Cookies & Cream, 5 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 179951 with Exp. Date 02/07/2014, UPC 039442016126
Universal Uni-Syn, Strawberry, 76 g packet, Lot # 179911 A, B, C with Exp. Date February 2014, UPC 039442051783

Universal Nutrition is conducting this voluntary recall in conjunction with the recall being performed by the manufacturer of the whey protein itself. The manufacturer did not find Salmonella in any of the whey protein lots used by Universal Nutrition. Universal Nutrition tested the whey protein upon receiving it and again after the issue arose. In both instances, the tests proved negative for Salmonella. Further, Universal Nutrition performed over 40 analytical tests on the specific lot numbers in question with negative results for Salmonella in each and every case.

To date, there have been no positive tests for Salmonella contamination at Universal Nutrition or any reports of illness related to the products. Despite this, Universal Nutrition is conducting this voluntary recall as an extra precautionary measure to ensure the utmost safety of its consumers. The manufacturer of the whey protein has suspended shipments and is working with the FDA to rectify this matter.

Consumers who purchased any one of the affected lot numbers in question are asked to return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund or credit. Consumers with questions may contact Universal Nutrition directly at (732) 545-3130, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time.

Originally Posted by I3

Did some power cleans this week 5x5 and Military press 5x5.. my traps hurt like Jenna Jamiesons !%$%$

Overhead Press: 

My favorite exercises right there. How are you doing with those two? still progressing?

I enjoy doing OHP with good form like that dude... but I swear I hit my chin at least once every time I do em 
laugh.gif

Hit 125lbs on it last week.... feelsheavyman. Hard on the spine. REALLY gotta tighten the core/flex the abs but then I feel I cant reach high. Its weird. 

Hey dude,

Man im stalling like a !#%!+ on the Miltary Press, my current best is 110lbs with moderate form.. i just dont think i can get any higher tsk tsk (this is my weakest area)

As for the power cleans.. its my first time i've ever done them. Feels +$*+$*! amazing.. But i think its OD doing them + M Press during the same workout. They are great for basketball vertical jumps btw!!

Originally Posted by Al Audi

FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.

Universal Nutrition Voluntarily Recalling Several Protein-Based Supplements Due To Possible Salmonella Contamination

(732) 545-3130

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - March 17, 2011 - Universal Nutrition of New Brunswick, NJ is voluntarily recalling specific lot numbers for Gain Fast, LAVA, Real Gains, Super Whey Pro, Torrent, Ultra Mass 4500, Ultra Whey Pro and Uni-Syn because one ingredient, whey protein, has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.

The voluntary recall for the aforementioned products extends to all fifty states and the products were offered through a variety of distribution channels including health food stores, gyms, and internet-based, e-commerce sites.

The following are lot numbers involved in this voluntary recall:

Universal Gain Fast, Vanilla Shake, 2.55 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180104 with Exp. Date 02/10/2014, UPC 039442012159
Universal LAVA, Orange Slush, 2.75 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180013 with Exp. Date 02/10/2014, UPC 039442011503
Universal Real Gains, Chocolate Ice Cream, 6.85 lb plastic bucket, Lot # 179922 A, B with Exp. Date 02/01/2014, UPC 039442011992
Universal Super Whey Pro, Vanilla, 1 lb bag, Lot # 179881 with Exp. Date 02/01/2014, UPC 039442015945
Universal Torrent, Cherry Berry Blast, 3.28 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180069 with Exp. Date 02/09/2014, UPC 039442048141
Universal Torrent, Green Apple Avalanche, 3.28 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 179883 with Exp. Date 02/07/2014, UPC 039442048165
Universal Torrent, Cherry Berry Blast, 6.1 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180071 with Exp. Date 02/09/2014, UPC 039442048158
Universal Torrent, Green Apple Avalanche, 6.1 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180072 with Exp. Date 02/10/2014, UPC 039442048172
Universal Torrent, Sour Citrus Rush, 6.1 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 180002 with Exp. Date 02/09/2014, UPC 039442048196
Universal Ultra Mass 4500, Vanilla Shake, 9.3 lb plastic bucket, Lot # 180100 B with Exp. Date 02/09/2014, UPC 039442013507
Universal Ultra Mass 4500, Chocolate Shake, 9.3 lb plastic bucket, Lot # 180099 B with Exp. Date 02/10/2014, UPC 039442013590
Universal Ultra Whey Pro, Cookies & Cream, 5 lb plastic bottle, Lot # 179951 with Exp. Date 02/07/2014, UPC 039442016126
Universal Uni-Syn, Strawberry, 76 g packet, Lot # 179911 A, B, C with Exp. Date February 2014, UPC 039442051783

Universal Nutrition is conducting this voluntary recall in conjunction with the recall being performed by the manufacturer of the whey protein itself. The manufacturer did not find Salmonella in any of the whey protein lots used by Universal Nutrition. Universal Nutrition tested the whey protein upon receiving it and again after the issue arose. In both instances, the tests proved negative for Salmonella. Further, Universal Nutrition performed over 40 analytical tests on the specific lot numbers in question with negative results for Salmonella in each and every case.

To date, there have been no positive tests for Salmonella contamination at Universal Nutrition or any reports of illness related to the products. Despite this, Universal Nutrition is conducting this voluntary recall as an extra precautionary measure to ensure the utmost safety of its consumers. The manufacturer of the whey protein has suspended shipments and is working with the FDA to rectify this matter.

Consumers who purchased any one of the affected lot numbers in question are asked to return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund or credit. Consumers with questions may contact Universal Nutrition directly at (732) 545-3130, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time.

sick.gif

%%#% like this is why I dont mess with whey anymore

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Have switched to full oly routine. Basically snatch/clean (hang/floor/blocks) /b. squat/f.squat/ clean/snatch  deads and pulls/ front/back jerks. 

Oh and bench once a week. The funny thing is I either do 3-4 sets of 5 reps or 5-6 sets of 3 reps and my bench has exploded over the past month.  Last workout I got up to 295 x 5 fairly well. just 2 months ago I could barely do 245 x 5 and I'm not exaggerating either. 
Rubbing it in?
laugh.gif

I should be starting Olifting in the fall. I'm planning on going to a workshop in May to get some introduction to it.
I was banned for a month, come back, and the last 10 pages I read is all fluff. 
Lets get some real weight training back in here.
laugh.gif

Definitely. I don't even like seeing all these posts about hyped up supplements, headphones, and beginner questions that could be answered with a FAQ's section of the first post.
I'd post more, but I'm waiting for my elbow to feel 100%.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I've never done a power clean

Take cues from this old Chinese dude. 130 kilo power clean .
nerd.gif
Best way to learn is to go to a coach. Where do you live? There's prob an Oly weightliftingplace near.

Originally Posted by I3

Hey dude,

Man im stalling like a !#%!+ on the Miltary Press, my current best is 110lbs with moderate form.. i just dont think i can get any higher tsk tsk (this is my weakest area)

As for the power cleans.. its my first time i've ever done them. Feels +$*+$*! amazing.. But i think its OD doing them + M Press during the same workout. They are great for basketball vertical jumps btw!!

Military press is kind of pointless. Work the push press. 
There's only so much one can do with the strict press. The delts  are a relatively small muscle grouping and you'll never do enough weight strict pressing to force the triceps to kick in much. 

Yo fellas,

Been Hittin the gym 4-5 days a week and been on 2200 calorie high protein diet since October 25th.

I weighed in at close to 270 and now I'm down to 230(6'1" BTW) The problem I has is that I think ive plataued(sp?) cuz I can't drop down into the 20s. I've been at 230 for a while now.

Is there any recommendations? I do cardio and weights at the gym and I average about 1950-2000 calories a day.

Originally Posted by I3

Hey dude,

There's only so much one can do with the strict press. The delts  are a relatively small muscle grouping and you'll never do enough weight strict pressing to force the triceps to kick in much. 

So push press you reckon? I guess you get more explosivity out of it.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Hey dude,

So push press you reckon? I guess you get more explosivity out of it.
More delt and tricep strength as well because at the top it's basically an isometric hold.  With strict pressing there's no way to get to big weights relative to your bodyweight.  Not to mention that it puts your core in an awkward position.  It does transfer somewhat well to the bench press but so do push presses/jerks.  

^ Cool man thanks for the info.

I'll definitely switch onto the press push for a bit. I love the power cleans though. Is 5x5 okay for this? (going heavy)

Anyone work with casein protein? Ive only used whey but lately ive been using a new routine and im feeling it. Also upgraded to a better gym so its contributing to better workouts. I feel as if I need more protein for the increased breakdown im feeling (maybe its mental). Casein seemed like a good choice.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Anyone work with casein protein? Ive only used whey but lately ive been using a new routine and im feeling it. Also upgraded to a better gym so its contributing to better workouts. I feel as if I need more protein for the increased breakdown im feeling (maybe its mental). Casein seemed like a good choice.
I prefer cottage cheese before bed, but I keep some ON casein around and use that before bed too.... seems to make a noticeable difference to me.

those of you that work out solo dolo was it ever any problem working out alone? if so how did you get over it?

Originally Posted by Grimey

those of you that work out solo dolo was it ever any problem working out alone? if so how did you get over it?

Its me, my ipod, and the weights
I dont talk to anyone or look at anyone while I'm working out. 

It does get awkward during the busy hours when people are asking when I'm done with something but that's expected

just go in there, do work, leave 

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

anyone hates taking days off??? i do
ohwell.gif

Its not a bad thing.

I went to the gym 2-3x a week for around 3-4 months without taking time away.  I recently took a 2 week trip to Australia, came back, played ball and I was getting up higher than ever.  My game fitness sucked (touch, stamina etc..) But I gained in strength!!

See it as a time for healing, muscle recovery.

Hey yo NT, I dont have a gym membership any more. Broke
Any ways to get bigger without having a gym membership? Things around the house, tips? 

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom