Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Weird how my gym was PACKED with the resolution clowns on Monday but today it was empty. Guess they all took a day off?
laugh.gif

Same
laugh.gif
I wanted them all to quit but this is just kind of sad. Messed my knee up yesterday, gotta take it easy on legs for a little while

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Weird how my gym was PACKED with the resolution clowns on Monday but today it was empty. Guess they all took a day off?
laugh.gif

Same
laugh.gif
I wanted them all to quit but this is just kind of sad. Messed my knee up yesterday, gotta take it easy on legs for a little while

They're probably on a 3x week split, which is routinely MWF

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Originally Posted by blakep267

Do you guys have any suggestions (exercises) on burning belly fat? Im in shape pretty much, just that I have a bit of a belly. Legs are toned, so are arms.

Ab roller, sit ups, and 30,60,90s....I'm going ham on the ab roller this year. Can almost do it from standing position now. I have a 6 pack, but I want the 8.

Any specific ab roller you would recommend? Getting abs are really my primary concern when it comes to this

so for about the past 2 months ive been fixing my eating habits, i wanted to start the gym once that was done because i felt like that was my biggest issue

ive cut out soda, fast foods, eating late, etc...

now its mostly water, i try and eat small meals and early through out the day and nothing after 8pm

that alone as helped me drop about 20 lbs, right now im around the 290 mark and wanna drop about 40 pounds by the time summer starts if not more

im not trying to be thin, but lean, lose my gut and got some slight man boobage
sick.gif

any tips to get me into shape?

Originally Posted by I3

Just saw some Greg Plitt motivational videos in the other thread.. is he worth subscribing to?
I say do it for he first couple months and see how you like it. His workout videos I don't necessarily agree with but his VBlogs are pretty good. Mostly motivational type stuff. 

Just got back... managed to do the weighted dips w/ 65lbs 4x3 and got the 40s up for curls for 5 reps.

Gym was packed though, everyone's trying to get in shape
eek.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

Just got back... managed to do the weighted dips w/ 65lbs 4x3 and got the 40s up for curls for 5 reps.

Gym was packed though, everyone's trying to get in shape
eek.gif

Although it is annoying to have the gym packed I welcome the people who are trying to make a difference in their health. Granted most will not last, a few will and I applaud them. Good job on your dips and curls but for me personally I would decrease the weight and increase the reps and focus on technique. All depends on what results you want of course.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

That sounds like a good idea, actually. If youve been consistently upping the weight for a while, you might also want to take a week off to let your body rest and catch up. I know that after a couple months of going hard, I start to die out if I dont give myself a break. 

Not sure how you want to break it up but Im doing a day for each, every week until summer, provided I have time. If youre planning on doing two of the compound lifts every workout, Id probably suggest not squatting and deadlifting the same day.
Everything 2Lips has said is on point 
pimp.gif

It also depends what your goals are.. care to share?
Just trying to get my weight up. I'm currently 5'11-6'0 175 lbs . I'd like to bulk up to at least 200 (Idk if that's OD or not 
laugh.gif
 )
and cut until I'm about 180ish or until I look like Patrick Bateman in American psycho, real lean but still with a good amount of muscle tone.
Here's the best pic I could find.
Depending on your body type, 200 sounds about right for straight bulk. You may be able to push it a few pounds over, but winter is winding down and I usually stop bulking about mid-February, at the very latest. The key to bulking is to avoid stagnation; keep your muscles nice and confused with a healthy assortment of exercises 
smile.gif

Check out the KTD article I posted a page back for some good general principles on bulking/cutting, and how to combine the two
pimp.gif
.  If you're looking for more muscle tone than you already have, I suggest maybe looking into lifting a 4-day or 5-day split. Break up your muscle groups per day (i.e. Mon. Legs, Tues. Chest/Tri, Wed. Shoulders, Thurs. Back/Bi), and really focus on proper form.

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Originally Posted by blakep267

Do you guys have any suggestions (exercises) on burning belly fat? Im in shape pretty much, just that I have a bit of a belly. Legs are toned, so are arms.

Ab roller, sit ups, and 30,60,90s....I'm going ham on the ab roller this year. Can almost do it from standing position now. I have a 6 pack, but I want the 8.

Any specific ab roller you would recommend? Getting abs are really my primary concern when it comes to this

While these are good suggestions on ways to build core muscle, I think that the key to really seeing your abdominals is making the proper dietary and lifestyle choices. You can have the most yoked core in the world, but if you aren't making good dietary decisions then your belly fat will assuredly cover them up.
The key to keeping your midsection fat low is reducing excessive cortisol production, among a number of other biological factors. Cortisol is basically a naturally produced hormone that regulates metabolism, but too much of it can lead to unnecessary weight gain. Excessive cortisol is only one of a number of negative side effects that result from a poor diet and general lack of discipline.

Try the following:

Get a solid 7 hours of sleep, fit into a routine schedule

Eat lots of good, lean protein

Eat 6 clean meals a day

Snack LIGHTLY on vegetables/fruits periodically between meals, to keep your metabolism constantly working

Keep your stress down (this is super key; undue stress is a killer)

If you MUST drink, take shots.. avoid beer  
grin.gif

This, coupled with a solid core regimen (like VAHustler mentioned, PM me if you want something a bit more detailed), will definitely see you some progress. If you're into reading, The Abs Diet by Zinczenko has some decent dietary information, you may want to check that out.

i asked this long time ago, but can I do any other leg workout to replace the squats or should I just let it be? It brings me down a bit not being able to do any leg workout man. Should I just do seated calf raises now?

Also, when does cutting season usually start? I figured I should start mine around february. Havent really achieved my goal yet.

Originally Posted by gConquer

i never understood why people do abs when they have high body fat %..
Not everyone trains for aesthetics...having a stronger core is never a bad thing, especially if you're an athlete.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Not everyone trains for aesthetics...having a stronger core is never a bad thing, especially if you're an athlete.
obviously to have a stronger core.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

Originally Posted by Jhustle23

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

About to cut weight..

I hate cutting but it have to be done..
This.
yup. it sucks 
frown.gif
dont feel like cutting, feelsbatman. i never got to my initial goal either.

do you guys implement any cardio into your cutting or just watch your diet?

Originally Posted by Antidope

double wheels with padded grip or you can also use a barbell instead with 5-10lbs on each end. Be easy when first starting out. Just go down far enough till you feel a stretch like 15-30 times. Can cause serious injury if you over do what your body isn't going to allow.

But if you have a high bodfat the chances are you wont be an athlete

Originally Posted by Prettyboy RY7

this + this is rarely the case at gyms. 

Originally Posted by Prettyboy RY7

this + this is rarely the case at gyms. 
they think if they work out their stomach it will burn the fat in the stomach.

smh

Back
Top Bottom