Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

I was hitting the gym hard 3 times a week for 3 months straight. Every workout included squats.
I recently took a 3week break
I came back into the gym and forgot to lock one of the collars while doing squats, the weight slid to the end of the bar and I injured my knee.
I was wondering if anyone knows any rehab methods or cures. I don't have insurance I've just been icing my knee

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
Josednk1068 wrote:
Why is it soo hard to get rid of stubborn belly fat? I have seen dramatic changes in my whole body but my lower stomache is not tone at all, I have been eating clean foods and most that have been reccomended to target the stomache (almonds, avocado, etc.), avoided carbs, any tips?
[/color]
because it's stubborn.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Why is it soo hard to get rid of stubborn belly fat? I have seen dramatic changes in my whole body but my lower stomache is not tone at all, I have been eating clean foods and most that have been reccomended to target the stomache (almonds, avocado, etc.), avoided carbs, any tips?

thats where im stuck man, fat is melting off everywhere but lower stomach is just hard as hell to get rid of
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by emmmmy

I was hitting the gym hard 3 times a week for 3 months straight. Every workout included squats.
I came back into the gym and forgot to lock one of the collars while doing squats, the weight slid to the end of the bar and I injured my knee.
I was wondering if anyone knows any rehab methods or cures. I don't have insurance I've just been icing my knee
why would you intentionally lock out the collars bro?

if the weight slid off of one side, perhaps you were squatting too much? iono, sounds funny to me.

I know it's squats, but imagine if you were bench pressing.

Say goodbye to your neck.

question, I've been feeling light head for the past few days and I don't know why. I try to eat a whole meal and the light headedness subsides for a bit, but it doesn't disappear.

I remember eating a meal and then drinking a naked protein smoothy and I'd be feeling fine, but the whey has gotten to me again and its causing me to break out all over my face so I had to let it go. Now I have this light head that I cant' get rid of. Is it because of calorie deficit or protein? I'm pretty sure I'm eating enough protein. Am I addicted to whey? LOL

I have gained a little weight over the winters

i started doing p90x and cutting back on everything

no beer , and junk food during the week.....

IS this enough ? or do i need to do more.

emmmmy wrote:
ahhh, that totally sucks man. where is the injury at? I know you said your knee but below the cap, right below your quad? swelling?

Ice will do good, keep using ice 15 minutes on, 15 off for an hour. Do that at least twice or so a day. Do heat therapy (get a heating pad) and massage it too and get your blood flowing.

Not sure how long ago you injured it, but after the pain subsides ( you should still be doing hot/cold) work on getting your range of motion back (stretching in all angles). 

Then do body weight squats, one legged squats, knee extensions etc.

Keep the rest of your body active with isometric exercises and range of motion exercises, body weight and light weight lifting.

THIS CAN TAKE A WHILE. (WEEKS TO MONTHS) but DO NOT hit the weights hard again until you are confident in your healing or you will have a chronic injury meaning, FOR LIFE.

Originally Posted by polorico

I have gained a little weight over the winters

i started doing p90x and cutting back on everything

no beer , and junk food during the week.....

IS this enough ? or do i need to do more.

That should be fine assuming you are eating throughout the whole day as opposed to just having to giant meals for the whole day. Eat every 4-5 hours and have a small snack in between and you should limit yourself to only drinking water unless you go out on the weekends.

Whats a good weight gainer? I cant seem to break the 200lb mark. Im prob at 190 now, with little to no body fat. I dont have anything to turn to muscle now. My eating schedule def isnt good, but thatll change within the next week or so. I need something to get me over the hump. Im at the gym 5 days a week for an hour a day. Tempo runs once a week. Practice on sundays.

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Whats a good weight gainer? I cant seem to break the 200lb mark. Im prob at 190 now, with little to no body fat. I dont have anything to turn to muscle now. My eating schedule def isnt good, but thatll change within the next week or so. I need something to get me over the hump. Im at the gym 5 days a week for an hour a day. Tempo runs once a week. Practice on sundays.

you could be overdoing it. 
3-4 day split. heavy compound lifts. eat a lot of good carbs with protein. rest. and i think u should be golden.

also cut back on that cardio if your trying to gain.

So I never signed up for the gym, but I cut down on a lot of stuff, I've been off soda since the beginning of the month and work out on my days off.
I have to start wearing a belt now because my pants fit me bigger and I lost a lot of arm flab.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Got my membership now though so now I gotta put in work.

Last Sunday I weighted in at 174lbs (bulked from 152lbs 7 - 8 week ago), I started cutting and took my cals to about 1500-1600 a day, and weighted in today at 170lbs! Is this a kind of erratic weight less for a week? Im going hard at this, need to achieve a 12% body fat and I gotta work harder on my chest game.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Last Sunday I weighted in at 174lbs (bulked from 152lbs 7 - 8 week ago), I started cutting and took my cals to about 1500-1600 a day, and weighted in today at 170lbs! Is this a kind of erratic weight less for a week? Im going hard at this, need to achieve a 12% body fat and I gotta work harder on my chest game.

what was your caloric intake during the bulk?

there's a lot of variation in weight within the day. stop worrying so much about pounds and just focus on your diet and you'll get there.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

there's a lot of variation in weight within the day. stop worrying so much about pounds and just focus on your diet and you'll get there.

this is true

a majority of that 4 lb loss could have been water weight.

as long as you see the differences in the mirror, you'll be ok

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Keep at it, I'm currently trying a ketogenic diet to see if it can put me over the edge.

Is it possible to do HIIT on an eliptical?

On Friday I was on it for 45 minutes, sprinting for 2 minutes then going slow for 2, back and forth for 10 cycles, then used the final 5 minutes to cool down. Any thoughts on that type of cardio workout?

finally benched 225lbs 10 times. No assistance. This has been a goal of mine for the past 3 yrs. I have lurked this thread for awhile and the advice really helps. Thanks bros
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

On Friday I was on it for 45 minutes, sprinting for 2 minutes then going slow for 2, back and forth for 10 cycles, then used the final 5 minutes to cool down. Any thoughts on that type of cardio workout?

you can, but i think most would agree that you should just hit the pavement for HIIT.  as far as the length of your cycles, there's no way you can sustain anything close to a "sprint" for 2 minutes.  keep it to 30-60 seconds.

you can, but i think most would agree that you should just hit the pavement for HIIT.  as far as the length of your cycles, there's no way you can sustain anything close to a "sprint" for 2 minutes.  keep it to 30-60 seconds.
Gracias bro. By sprint I meant keep my pace above 13 for 2 mins. Now I gotta find somewhere to run outside at in NYC. 

Gracias bro. By sprint I meant keep my pace above 13 for 2 mins. Now I gotta find somewhere to run outside at in NYC. 
some type of courts or ball fields?

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

You need to eat more. Weight gainer isn't needed at all.

Look into carb cycling.

is it that bad to eat at night, like at 10-11pm? reason being is that i go to the gym late at night after work and i know its good to eat after a workout, but should i eat after? and not gain excess weight from eating late??

Back
Top Bottom