STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

bought some gluten free cornbread today on a whim---MAN THAT **** IS HITTIN' ! :lol: :lol: I think I might be converted. **** tastes waaaaay better than Jiffy and Marie Calendar.

I eat
I eat quite a bit,
Thanks for the helpful advice

def gotta eat more man. how tall are u? how much u eating right now?
I'm 5'9 I get about 2,500 calories a day. I'm also in college so buying food in bulk is sometimes a struggle. Trying to cut alcohol out of my life too, but being in college, that is a STRUGGLE with all my roommates/friends going out on weekends

You have to eat more. I'm the same height, and I cut at 2.8-3k.

Last edited:
Fit Fam....i joined a new gym...the maryland athletic club in harbor east bmore....the lifting floor... :x so small so bad...but the females...so many attractive females...what does one do?

Literally one squat rack...1....1 rack...a smith...one flat one incline one decline bar bench...2-3 floating benches for DB work....i think that might be it...you have to DL outside the squat rack....if some one is there...no other area to do it

Friend of a friend of mine got rhab from doing crossfit (first-timer). In the hospital for a week and a half :smh:

Fit Fam....i joined a new gym...the maryland athletic club in harbor east bmore....the lifting floor... :x so small so bad...but the females...so many attractive females...what does one do?

Literally one squat rack...1....1 rack...a smith...one flat one incline one decline bar bench...2-3 floating benches for DB work....i think that might be it...you have to DL outside the squat rack....if some one is there...no other area to do it
Any reason you opted for Mac instead of Merrit in canton? My buddy lifts at Merrit and loves it. They also have several more locations.

I got a buddy who does Cross fit and he swears its the best thing to happen to fitness since the bench was invented. Any opportunity to bring it up he jumps all over it. Its like the vegan diet or Prius of fitness.

IM A LOUDER GUY AT THE GYM.

SOMETIMES DURING REPS I LIKE TO YELL OUT "CROSS FIT". OR AFTER A SET ILL RUN TO DO PULL UPS AND START YELLING "KIPPING KIPPING".

I SOMETIMES CROSSFIT IF THAT MATTERS LMAO

Any reason you opted for Mac instead of Merrit in canton? My buddy lifts at Merrit and loves it. They also have several more locations.

My sister works at laurette in harbor east and gets a discount at the MAC so i pay $35 a month and merritt is around $85...but i might switch

Well saving money is always a good reason lol.

Yea it's 80 a month for access to all the clubs, I think 50-60 for just one.

I got a buddy who does Cross fit and he swears its the best thing to happen to fitness since the bench was invented. Any opportunity to bring it up he jumps all over it. Its like the vegan diet or Prius of fitness.

It is...

According to Mark Rippetoe, :tongue:

Can't go hard body for the first time, :lol:. In any type of program. Most good gyms have "ramp up" or beginner classes. Usually six to eight sessions, where they don't even let you use bumper plates, just PVC pipes, training bars and body weight exercises.

Ego is a ************ though, they see someone pushing weight/time and they want to do it as well, even though the person killing it has way more experience. I see it all the time, :smh:

I don't know anybody who has been hit with Rhabdo...

Only one of two knee/leg injuries, that about it...

Idk if I'm burned out or I really just don't like it anymore..but...I think I might be over lifting. Like, ever since I got back into hooping I've been realizing how much I actually dislike lifting weights and how I actually don't even find a point in being big. Being in shape is one thing, being swole just for the sack of being swole is another. I def think I need a break. Because as of now..I hate it lol. It'd be harder to stop going just because it's pure habit and become a part of my life but lately I've been taking more and more days off and I actually don't get that itch when I'm not there anymore. I really think I might be over it. Idk.
I know that feel bruh...lol.  Especially when you've been doing it for so long.  I go through those times when I just have to take a few days away from pumping heavy weights.  I gain muscle mass pretty easily, and my strength levels rarely dip so I don't feel guilty when I do take 2- 3 days or sometimes 2 - 3 weeks away from training for size and strengh.  I think you just need a mental break fam.  If you're not competing or if your training isn't specifically geared to the sport you're participating in, it makes it difficult to train for years and years with the only goal being to get bigger and stronger.
inching my way to a 3 plate bench press. hit 285 once this morning. feels like my bench press progresses sooo slower than all my other lifts(DL/OHP/Squat)
mean.gif
. i guess it doesnt help that ive been cutting. to those of you in the 3 plate bench club how long did it take you to get there from the day you started training? i want it so bad
mad.gif
Do you do dips at all?  I've found that dips and pushups have been key in boosting my bench.

IM A LOUDER GUY AT THE GYM.

SOMETIMES DURING REPS I LIKE TO YELL OUT "CROSS FIT". OR AFTER A SET ILL RUN TO DO PULL UPS AND START YELLING "KIPPING KIPPING".

I SOMETIMES CROSSFIT IF THAT MATTERS LMAO
Yeah, people always get surprised if they hear a grunt from my direction.  I probably don't realize how loud I'm being since the headphones are usually on full blast.

I have a friend who did cardio this one time. He was never the same.
LOL

I think the Rhabdo associated with Crossfit thing is overblown. Heck, doctors ask you what kind of exercise you do, you say Crossfit, and they automatically say it's Rhabdo. 

P28 came in today. Had one slice and so far so good. I would mostly likely only eat 2 slice a day in the morning with my eggs

I have a friend who did cardio this one time. He was never the same.

LOL

I think the Rhabdo associated with Crossfit thing is overblown. Heck, doctors ask you what kind of exercise you do, you say Crossfit, and they automatically say it's Rhabdo. 

Well seeing as how rhab is found so commonly amongst crossfitters, I don't see why it'd be wrong for a doc to list it as a possible diagnosis.

To timbo's sarcastic remark: see the sentence bolded in iron man's post.

It is...

According to Mark Rippetoe, :tongue:

Can't go hard body for the first time, :lol:. In any type of program. Most good gyms have "ramp up" or beginner classes. Usually six to eight sessions, where they don't even let you use bumper plates, just PVC pipes, training bars and body weight exercises.

Ego is a ************ though, they see someone pushing weight/time and they want to do it as well, even though the person killing it has way more experience. I see it all the time, :smh:

I don't know anybody who has been hit with Rhabdo...

Only one of two knee/leg injuries, that about it...

They threw the person i was referring to right into the thick of things. It's the reason why I mentioned that he was a first-timer.

I'm back.. Gains season.. I need some new workouts though.. trying to put on size and my current regime is getting boring.. shoulders, back, chest?

before buying a supplement, look it up on examine.com
their information is backed by science.
CLA doesn't seem to be worth buying to help with fat loss.

I'm back.. Gains season.. I need some new workouts though.. trying to put on size and my current regime is getting boring.. shoulders, back, chest?
i like greg plitt's MFT28 if u wanna push yourself and have time for 2-a-days

Back
Top Bottom