STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

it's funny spotting gym noobs. I saw two guy (looked pretty nerdy) struggling with Mil press with 2.5lbs on the bar and shoulder pressing 10lbs dumbbells. When I say struggling they had that whole body shakes on every rep. :lol:

I go to a big commercial gym, in the 2 years i've been lifting there, haven't had any overcrowding problems with resolutioners. 

What shoes are yall running in now?
I use to run in the free runs several years back but now I'm flabby and gotta start running again

it's funny spotting gym noobs. I saw two guy (looked pretty nerdy) struggling with Mil press with 2.5lbs on the bar and shoulder pressing 10lbs dumbbells. When I say struggling they had that whole body shakes on every rep. :lol:

20lbs dumbbells is all you need for any lift. Throw in cat food twice a day and you will start to grow from within, lean like a cheetah. The nerds know what they are doing.

Repped. Gonna start this tomorrow.

it's funny spotting gym noobs. I saw two guy (looked pretty nerdy) struggling with Mil press with 2.5lbs on the bar and shoulder pressing 10lbs dumbbells. When I say struggling they had that whole body shakes on every rep.
laugh.gif
everyone has to start somewhere.. 

I'm terrible at doing dips. Do you think its a problem if I do my dips at the beginning of my chest/triceps and shoulders/triceps days?
yes. triceps are a small muscle group, if you fatigue your triceps you wont be able to properly train your chest because your triceps will fail before your chest.. same with shoulders and doing shoulder presses. 

^ nice , i also never do only chest day but i always start my workouts with chest exercise since bench press increases your power amazingly , anyway i start with flat bench press and usually i finish my workout with incline dumbell press 

imo all the other chest exercises like crossovers are useless , you need to give all u got in bench press where u can load lots of weight 
flyes and cable crossovers are great movements that targeting the chest without using too much shoulders/triceps.. those are great finishing movements... if your goal is to build a good chest that is.. 

and I dont ever bench press anymore.. once you get to around benching 400 lbs, there is way too much risk for injury.. so i stick to incline presses and dumbess...

bench press is probably the most overrated exercise for chest, since it has so much do with shoulders/triceps that a lot of time people use their secondary muscles more then there primary.

Last edited:
What shoes are yall running in now?
I use to run in the free runs several years back but now I'm flabby and gotta start running again

Nike Flex RN, I've seen these joints as low as $40 and you can find them anywhere. I rock them at the gym or on an ordinary day when I'm rockin sweats. Comfortable as hell

flyes and cable crossovers are great movements that targeting the chest without using too much shoulders/triceps.. those are great finishing movements... if your goal is to build a good chest that is.. 

and I dont ever bench press anymore.. once you get to around benching 400 lbs, there is way too much risk for injury.. so i stick to incline presses and dumbess...

bench press is probably the most overrated exercise for chest, since it has so much do with shoulders/triceps that a lot of time people use their secondary muscles more then there primary.
this man knows what hes talking about. Benching 400++  gets old I gave it up a few years ago and traded it in for 20lbs dumbbells. 20 cables will also do the trick.

@team400bench  (once your in, your in for life)

@Gymelitist

Is the risk for bench press significantly greater than for other lifts though?

Exactly.

The guy should've just holler at them, and inform them how to use proper form if they are not.

At least, at my gym that's an etiquette code even the biggest meat-heads follow.

all gotta start some where...props to them trying to get it in

I should have done this

Exactly.

The guy should've just holler at them, and inform them how to use proper form if they are not.

At least, at my gym that's an etiquette code even the biggest meat-heads follow.

Nope I done this several times with both men and women and it did not go over too well. There too much ego in the gym to give friendly advice. Well, at least the least the gym I've gone to. I just stay in my lane.

EHappy new year fellas!

Hit deadlifts today, first time in maybe 6 months, I used to sumo DL but left it alone since I wasn't able to up the weight at a pace I wanted...

HIT 275, two reps, felt like a **** ing GAWD :wow: :wow: WOW. NOW, I KNOW that's not much, but it DEFINITELY served as an ego boost and MAKES me WANT to incorporate it to my routine, and I have a goal for the lift :pimp:

I'll repeat, its AMAZING what having a partner can do for motivation and wanting to up your game. I LOVE IT!

Last edited:
Reactions: wj4

^ nice , i also never do only chest day but i always start my workouts with chest exercise since bench press increases your power amazingly , anyway i start with flat bench press and usually i finish my workout with incline dumbell press 

imo all the other chest exercises like crossovers are useless , you need to give all u got in bench press where u can load lots of weight 

Um, im confused. None of this makes sense to me.

For starters, if youre concerned about injury risk with a bench press how is doing an incline press safer? (Im hoping the answer isnt due to the reduction in weight)

I'm curious for the dudes that live in areas that get heavy snow and such....how does your workout schedule become affected when you have a heavy blizzard when you can't/aren't advised to drive at all?

I come from Southern CA so there's none of this, just around 10 rain falls per year so I'm just curious.

Um, im confused. None of this makes sense to me.

For starters, if youre concerned about injury risk with a bench press how is doing an incline press safer? (Im hoping the answer isnt due to the reduction in weight)
seriously... i thought he was being sarcastic lol 

Back
Top Bottom