STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

flyes and cable crossovers are great movements that targeting the chest without using too much shoulders/triceps.. those are great finishing movements... if your goal is to build a good chest that is.. 

and I dont ever bench press anymore.. once you get to around benching 400 lbs, there is way too much risk for injury.. so i stick to incline presses and dumbess...

bench press is probably the most overrated exercise for chest, since it has so much do with shoulders/triceps that a lot of time people use their secondary muscles more then there primary.
They are great movements for people that already have a chest. Most people that do them are just wasting their time.

Bench press is overrated? Cant take you serious anymore. Ill let you play on the smith machine.

Hit this gym this morning for the first time in 2 weeks due to the holidays. :smh:

Feels good to be back in there though :smokin

Um, im confused. None of this makes sense to me.

For starters, if youre concerned about injury risk with a bench press how is doing an incline press safer? (Im hoping the answer isnt due to the reduction in weight)
its due to the angle your pressing.. especially at the bottom of the rep... 

nearly half of all pec tears are caused from the flat bench. 

Youre going to have to explain the first sentence, and of course a large percentage of pec tears are from flat benching..... thats just a result of basic probabilities. Flawed stat.

Easiest way to get abs?
keto with canned cat food , whole eggs, fish with high omega 3fats, nuts. first week you should drop a lot of water due to cutting all carb sources.

once a week have A/one cheat meal high in carbs 500-1000 grams of carbs and go back to keto.

@gymelitist approved

Easiest way to get abs?

keto with canned cat food , whole eggs, fish with high omega 3fats, nuts. first week you should drop a lot of water due to cutting all carb sources.

once a week have A/one cheat meal high in carbs 500-1000 grams of carbs and go back to keto.

@gymelitist approved

This dude :lol:

Gonna go to the gym after work today. Not afraid of any resolution-makers/-breakers because I live in an area of almost all young professionals who all keep fit 8)

You dudes gonna have lurkers eating pet food for real :lol:

Speaking of abs: can you guys suggest any good exercises? I try to switch every so often. When I do the whole core is usually sore the next day :lol: :pimp:

I googled it and apparently a guy on bb.com has vids of him eating it......

that's when I knew it wasn't "serious," though even if it was I'd never stoop so low as to purposely eat cat food.

Thoughts on creatine pills?

I'm about 155 and I'm looking to slowly add lean mass and get to about 160-165lbs.

Should I stick to regular whey protein or weight gainer?

Last edited:
I think you're at just as much risk of a pec tear on incline as flat. I've heard of both happening to people I know. It doesn't have as much to do with the lift as it does your level of shoulder/pec mobility and wether you're pressing too heavy of a weight. If you lack shoulder mobility you can't be very stable, so your pecs and all the connective tissue try to do the job of both your prime movers and your soft stabilizers. Sometimes it can't react in time and that's when the year happens.

I think either lift is good as long as you're safe about it and progress slowly. You should talk to a trainer or physical therapist to check your shoulder, hip, and hamstring mobility and look at your bench form, whether it's dumbbell, barbell, flat, or incline.

Disclaimer, eat canned cat food at your own risk. Its not intended for the ones with weak stomach.

Yes, canned cat food, baby food, liquid egg whites, the ones on the know all consume it.

ended chest this AM with a flat dumb bell burn out. hit 115lb DB's 14 times. felt goodman.

Thoughts on creatine pills?

I'm about 155 and I'm looking to slowly add lean mass and get to about 160-165lbs.

Should I stick to regular whey protein or weight gainer?

Take the pills if u want... I take powder w/ my protein shakes.

Dont use a weight gainer shake unless you're ok w/ spending extra money.

Just eat more (quality) food and you'll be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom