STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I never said it was my first time lifting. I am following Rippetoe's Starting Strength, which says you should add anywhere from 5-15 to squat per workout, and you do squats three times a week, so according to the plan its possible to add anywhere from 60-180 pounds in a month. Either way, I did it in 2009-2010, stopped, started in 2012-early 2013 and started lifting again since 1/13/14, so I guess muscle memory kicked in. I was working 145x5x3 last month and did 260x5x3 yesterday(I could only get to 235 before in 2012).

Can you guys comment on carbs on fat to a diet or point me to a source? I am worried about carbs, because of my high triglycerides and I thought eating lean meats meant low fat which would be considered clean bulking.
macros: 40/40/20 - i'm assuming 2000 calories is your maintenance ?

my 1st youtube video. form was decent it was my last set i already did 5-6 sets before that when dude at my gym offered to film it, i dont use a belt and no more straps just chalk 2nd rep was ****** i know, my pr is around 455 thats 425 i want to hit 500 by end of march when i stop bulking

Pre/post workout doughnut? I think so.

#Gainzzzzzzz
Strong Jason Genova bulking meal.

Not really sure how much calories I should go for. I don't care about gaining or losing weight really, just want to get stronger.
depends on your metabolism. a lot of this is trial and error, with seeing how your body responds. don't low carb, otherwise you won't have any energy at all.

Possibly broke my foot snowboarding fellas. Hopefully its just a sprain, but im thinking I tore a few things...

In any case, I know im gonna gain a few lbs. 
mean.gif

Possibly broke my foot snowboarding fellas. Hopefully its just a sprain, but im thinking I tore a few things...

In any case, I know im gonna gain a few lbs. 
mean.gif
Planning to see the doc?

Go to the ER if you think its broken.

How is the bruising? If its black and blue at all, that is a good indication of fracture/break.

Its not bruised at ALL actually. I cant really walk, if I need to use the bathroom ill hop on one foot or ill gingerly walk on my tip toes with the messed up foot.

I cant walk normally or ill zombie walk (drag my foot), anything to walk without putting much pressure.

You don't have insurance or something?

I don't get not going to the ER

Last edited:
You don't have insurance or something?

I don't get not going to the ER
Im covered under my moms insurance, and shes a nurse. Whenever im injured/sick she always gives me a few days to see how bad/how im recovering. It doesnt hurt unless I try to walk, right now im trying to relax. Probably will head to the doctor tomorrow so he can give me an estimate how long ill be out (for my job).

Any reason why you are wearing the Romelos to deadlift? Doesn't that make it more difficult?

I usually go barefoot but I actually like to dl in them they get super tight and I feel like I have better foundation in them so it doesn't bother me

how do you like the romaleos? deciding between those or the adipowers. also, do they fit true to size?

In terms of lifting they are both the same. I brought the romaleos because they were cheaper. I heard that they both fit different. You might want to look into that aspect.

Back
Top Bottom