Mon. cardio, Chest, biceps, abs

Tues. cardio, shoulders, back, triceps, obliques

Wed. cardio, backwards elliptical, lunges, squats, dead lifts, abs

Thurs. cardio, Chest, biceps, obliques

Fri. cardio, shoulders, back, triceps, abs

Sat. cardio, backwards elliptical, lunges, squats, dead lifts, obliques

Sun. rest.

What do you guys think?
Id change that Wednesday to either a full rest day or just stick to cardio.

If youre body responds to this thats great, but on paper it looks like you need another day to relax and let your body recover.

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

This is the schedule I've been using thus far:
Sun. rest.

What do you guys think?

Id change that Wednesday to either a full rest day or just stick to cardio.

If youre body responds to this thats great, but on paper it looks like you need another day to relax and let your body recover.

agree with this

I would assume you would have light and heavy days in this routine? And any reasoning on why you would group chest and bis? I know some people do it so not a knock but i always found it more efficient to do chest/tris since by the time i get to do tri's after chest they are already worked and same with back/bi's i hit back and by the time i get to bi's they are already worked from back exercises.

But coming from some one that used to take 1 day a week off....get another rest day in. I now take 3 days a week off (still run cardio on off days) but my lifts have responded and it helped me get through some plateaus.

I recommend Physiques of Greatness and Omar Isuf's Youtube channels aswell

P.O.G Launching a beginners channel soon I think to

Both of them are good choices but Jonnie Candito is a great choice for solid info.

What do you guys think?
Push/Pull/Legs (any order you want)

You will thank me later.

On a push/pull workout, your basically doing chest/shoulders for push and back/trics/biceps for pull right?

Just watched eliot t vid on body types. Pretty good stuff. Sucks because i know alot of people who hate their certain parts of their body thats just due to genetics and cant change it no matter how hard they workout.

Last edited:
Hey everyone...I'm about to move, so I'm weighing my gym options around my new place.

Any thoughts on anytime fitness? I haven't seen the place, but I do like that it's 24/7 since I have weird hours at times. Not the biggest facility, but I'm curious about whether or not they have squat racks and also have space for DLs.

On a push/pull workout, your basically doing chest/shoulders for push and back/trics/biceps for pull right?

Just watched eliot t vid on body types. Pretty good stuff. Sucks because i know alot of people who hate their certain parts of their body thats just due to genetics and cant change it no matter how hard they workout.

push = chest,shoulders, and triceps. pull = back,bicep,real delts and traps.

We did a biggest loser comp at work,
We started jan 6, this is my progress so far
1/6/13 200.2
1/13/13 193.4
1/20/13 189.2
1/27/13. 185.0
02/03/13. 184.8
02/10/13. 182.0
02/17/14. 181
Today I weighed in at 180.2

I've made progress but I'm still fat , I starting lifting last week but I'm one of those people at the gym who y'all talk about who has no idea what they're doing lol

We did a biggest loser comp at work,
We started jan 6, this is my progress so far
1/6/13 200.2
1/13/13 193.4
1/20/13 189.2
1/27/13. 185.0
02/03/13. 184.8
02/10/13. 182.0
02/17/14. 181
Today I weighed in at 180.2

I've made progress but I'm still fat , I starting lifting last week but I'm one of those people at the gym who y'all talk about who has no idea what they're doing lol
how tall are you?

Don't underestimate snatch balances, really help with speed and stability under that bar...was surprised when I did 125lb for one rep-max

on days after a heavy leg day, i usually do some form of active recovery. a lot of stretching and rolling out. couple that with either rows or airdyne.

then again, my legs rarely get that jello feeling.

also, i hate vanilla protein with a passion. i think i can only do chocolate :smh:

Last edited:
played basketball and baseball in high school... still play slowpitch softball and rec league basketball

For those that jump rope, how long did it take until you started getting the hang of it?

For those that jump rope, how long did it take until you started getting the hang of it?

When I was in middle school we had some program called Jump for your heart where they taught the school how to jump rope and I actually got really good at it back then. I could double dutch and all of that :lol:. Since that time It's just always been fairly easy for me to pick back up. That's pretty much been my cardio of choice for the last couple years because it's time efficient and burns a lot of calories. I do it on my concrete basement floor, so I have to be careful because I get shin splints sometimes.

Last edited:
This is the schedule I've been using thus far:
Sun. rest.

What do you guys think?

Looks PPL'ish with the exception of biceps on Monday's.

Looks like you're going to spend a lot of time at the gym.

Like riding a bike, unless you have a ****** jump rope, then you deserve the struggle. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom