STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I wasnt saying the weights were low, im just saying the weights dont make sense relative to one another.

how so?
i was doing lunges using the smith machine

And the rest were barbell?[/quote]

yes

Yea provided the 225 lunge is true,

The numbers should be something like front squat 245, back squat 275, deadlift 305

My guess

*edit*

Didn't see you do lunges on a machine

I've recently just started deadlifting again so mainly working on form
Same with front squats

I can hit 275 on back squat but not for 5x5

I spot people when they ask for it, usually its people at or near the same level of strength and commitment.

But if you feel uncomfortable spotting someone then by all means don't do it, thats dangerous for all parties. I only trust a couple guys in my gym to spot me on squats.

I say whats up to people all day, Im not sure if some of us in here would get along if your walking around like your about ready to kill someone 
laugh.gif
  Most of you in here aren't training for something to begin with, past the mirror, no need to look hostile and unapproachable. 
Not sure why the need to spot someone if he's working on a power rack. Isn't that what the safety bars are for
True, but most people aren't trying to drop that kind of weight and test them out lol. Plus you have to know how to dump the bar so you don't **** yourself up, Id rather have a spot who can grab me if I start to miss a rep.

Last edited:
Yall really denying people a spot when they ask for it? :rofl:

Never seen that happen before. I wanna see the looks on their faces when you say no

I wouldn't deny someone a spot. But in the back of my head, I'd be thinking, why would he need it if he has the rack.

I do agree about needing to know how to dump the bar. It's probably why my back squat gains are slowing relative to all my other lifts. We do not have power racks where I squat.

Weightlifters and crossfitters seem to be really good at dumping the bar on back squats. It's not a skill I have. My problem is also compounded by the fact that I squat with a close grip. I'd have to be crazy quick getting my hands and back out of the way.

Last edited:
it depends how you squat, if your back stays upright even on max attempts them you can dump it easy, if you have a tendency to good morning the weight up, its a little hard to dump it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't deny someone a spot. But in the back of my head, I'd be thinking, why would he need it if he has the rack.

I do agree about needing to know how to dump the bar. It's probably why my back squat gains are slowing relative to all my other lifts. We do not have power racks where I squat.

Weightlifters and crossfitters seem to be really good at dumping the bar on back squats. It's not a skill I have. My problem is also compounded by the fact that I squat with a close grip. I'd have to be crazy quick getting my hands and back out of the way.

Has nothing to do with your grip, but it does take practice

Once you're "stuck", shoot your elbows forward and walk forward. It's really basic, and suprisingly not that difficult to teach.

CT Fletcher - :lol:

Like a different guy...

:rofl:

weird hearing his voice w/o profanity used 6-8 times per sentence :lol:

He's said before though that the folks that produced those older power lifting videos of him "censored" him and he's always been an F word throwing guys.

Just a heads up

GNC $10 off $20 Mobile Coupon - Expires 8/31/2014

Building off this thread. My original coupon had an expiration date of 7/31/14. I replied via SMS to number 46248 with STOP today to unsubscribe. Five minutes later I sent another SMS with the text Welcome2 and got a new $10 off $20 code that expires August 31, 2014. The fine print says you must show the code with your Gold Card and that the code is one time use only. The code is just a 5 digit number as always, so I assume it can be used multiple times regardless of what the fine print says.

In short:

Send SMS to 46248 with text Welcome2 to get a $10 off $20 code that expires 8/31/14.

If you already subscribed, send stop and then Welcome2 again.

Via Slickdeals

I did it and it worked.

Good. I was planning on doing that next time I grab some quest bars. I already sent stop right after I got my first box.

Costco has an $8 off coupon for the two packs of C4. I think they normally go for $35. I don't take pre-WOs (only coffee), but I'm tempted.

I wasnt saying the weights were low, im just saying the weights dont make sense relative to one another.

how so?
i was doing lunges using the smith machine

And the rest were barbell?

yes

Yea provided the 225 lunge is true,

The numbers should be something like front squat 245, back squat 275, deadlift 305

My guess

*edit*

Didn't see you do lunges on a machine

I've recently just started deadlifting again so mainly working on form
Same with front squats

I can hit 275 on back squat but not for 5x5[/quote]

Ahh ok, that makes much more sense now.

Any particular reason you decided to do the lunges on a smith machine?

OH DAMB WHEN DOES IT EXPIRE? I HAVENT USED PREWORKOUT IN MONTHS

It's on the coupon booklet they mail out every month. Coupon valid 8/7 to 8/31. It's two 30-serving tubs, but I just saw Amazon has a 60-serving tub for ~$32. Not saving much.

Decided to mess around and hit some biceps with one of my homies today after I got done squatting and stuff....

He was doing some Mike Rashid CT Fletcher ******** routine....

Bros 
mean.gif

At least 200 reps in less than 15 minutes 
sick.gif

Soooo glad I dont do that kind of ******** regularly 
indifferent.gif

I GOT DA WEAKEST BICEPS IN DA GAME

LIKE I HATE BICEPS EXERCISES ILL WORK TRIS ALL DAMB DAY HIGH REP, WEIGHT WHATEVER,

BUT BICEP ROUTINES. STRAIGHT CROSSFIT STATUS :frown:

Well the dude I was hitting them with is 6'4 330 lol

I told him and a couple others to come squat with me one day........ nobody wanted any 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom