STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Front squats feel so uncomfortable for me (Where the bar rests) 

Very very common since the focus isn't in the right place.

Couple of progressions

- Squat facing a wall.. feet 6-12 inches away from the wall, as you get comfortable get closer. Does two things, forces you to drop your hips as opposed to shooting the knees forward (they'll hit the wall, start again). Also keeps people from dropping their chest.

- Same progression. Put your arms forward like you are a zombie or like you are in the wild wild west (obviously pointing as if your hands are guns). Bend at the elbow until your thumbs are touching your traps/shoulders. Keep the chest high, start at 12 inches from the wall and get closer until your feet are about 6 inches from the wall. Elbows or knees touch the wall, start all over.

- PVC pipe or empty bar (for those with a huge ego, :lol:). Get in your front rack position, elbows up and... open your hands! Voila... Bar should drop on your delts and your "inflexible arms/elbows/wrist" will be guiding the bar as opposed to bearing the load.

You shouldn't proceed beyond this if you're having trouble with it. Make sure you open your knees so that they track your toes, and sit on your ******* heels.

If you need 2.5-5 pound plates under your heels to get this done... go back to square one or work on hip mobility.

Or ankle mobility. If you can get in good position and depth with your heels elevated it's more than likely the ankle that's immoble.

I'd also add in getting comfortable with just the bar on your shoulders and arms straight out like a zombie as you said. Unrack the bar with just your shoulders and arms out and squat down while not allowing the bar to roll forward.

Could be other things as well, most folks don't realize their lats are tight and they can't keep their elbows up to hold the rack position during the squat. Stretch those lats out as well.

Last edited:
The thing about using the pvc pipe to practice the front rack position is its so light.. It's very easy to hold the bar up without putting the elbows up, and for some very strong people this might be the case even with an empty bar.

I did start with a pvc pipe but I very quickly learned that it was much easier practicing with an empty bar

*edit Even now when I'm using the pvc pipe, it's so light that when I put the elbows up the bar is resting just on my hands lol

Last edited:
what are the effects like. i dont wanna be jittery all day

Caffeine pills are usually 200mg per pill
I usually just take half and not jittery same effect as coffee for me (I'm not a coffee drinker, maybe one cup a month (if that))

That 10lb syntha 6 all sold out or is it just me?

Anyone have an idea what site has the best price for some vpx white heat or cannibal ferox? I haven't had black coffee or any type of pwo for about 2 months now so i know one of these pwo should give me that nice pump when i hop back on it.

Syntha-6

10lbs for $67

Use promo code "ZIPSHIP15" for free shipping

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/bsn/syntha-6-5-04-lbs.html

Muscle Pharm Assault Pre-Workout BOGO

http://suppz.com/muscle-pharm-assault-buy-1-get-1-free.html

I saw this as soon as it popped up on slickdeals and copped 10lbs and some creatine.

I went through a tub of SNS creatine and literally felt no difference at all. I think it helped a little with recovery. I wasn't as sore the next day when i was taking it. But other then that...i seriously think it has 0 effect on me. So gonna try one last time with some ON creatine since its supposed to be 98% creapure or whatever (i dont' think it will matter). If i still don't notice a difference i am done with creatine.

Feel like I jacked up my shoulder last night. Last workout was doing cable flys, probably went a little heavy and when I was done one of the cables got away from me and jerked my shoulder back and up. Have a aching pain now when I move it. Hoping it is just a strain that goes away in a couple days :smh:

What kind of hold are you guys using in the front squat? I use the two finger hold. Sometimes 3.

It depends on my day.

When I was recovering from a wrist injury I used the one finger hold.

When I pr'ed just this week I was using 3

Feel like I jacked up my shoulder last night. Last workout was doing cable flys, probably went a little heavy and when I was done one of the cables got away from me and jerked my shoulder back and up. Have a aching pain now when I move it. Hoping it is just a strain that goes away in a couple days :smh:

Ive had on and off shoulder (rotator cuff) pain here and there. I dont even do cable flys anymore cause it always makes my shoulder hurt. Id just quit if I were you, you can substitute it with like 10 different exercises anyway.

Last edited:
Just calories and make sure you getting some protein in?
I get a bunch of protein... eggs/egg whites and banana pre workout... oats with whey post workout... lunch and dinner vary, I quit eating carbs after lunch... usually chicken/turkey/steak/fish with veggies for lunch and dinner... it varies.

I will say that I am very mindful about portion control 

Last edited:
Ive had on and off shoulder (rotator cuff) pain here and there. I dont even do cable flys anymore cause it always makes my shoulder hurt. Id just quit if I were you, you can substitute it with like 10 different exercises anyway.

Yeah man my shoulders are already ******, happened on the same one I had surgery for a complete separation a few years ago. Normally I don't do cable Flys but with all the new people just sitting around ************ takimg up equipment that was the only thing open and I was ready to get out of there. Bad choice on my part.

Hit 225 on OHP tonight for a nice PR 
pimp.gif

One of my favorite lifts personally, feels badass putting weight above your head. 

Anyone wana help me out.

Right now I'm doing IIFYM calculator, I'm losing weight. Plus I'm doing IF with a eating window of 10-6pm. I exercise 4-5 days a week lift and 15 mins of HIIT.

I want to add a refeed day In the week. Right now I'm doing
70F/174C/200P 2126 Cals, I'm 200lbs 5'8".

Maintenance is at 2658Cals. How should I go about it. Just drop some fat and protein and fill up the rest with carbs up to 2400-2500 Cals? No HIIT that day?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom