STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Some people pull with higher hips than others, but they should always be lower than your shoulders.

Pumping your legs up before pulling just helps some get more power off the floor, or at least feel like they do.

Grip and rip is hard to do and keep good form. 

I always try to take a big deep breath and slow everything down before starting the pull.

Last edited:
Thanks to the dude who mentioned the hip circle. Came quickly in the mail and its pretty cool.

Also if anyone cares the Nike metcons are fun shoes but maybe size down .5 on them.

Disappointed in myself today

Squatted today..

1st rep.. This is easy.. I can do 5!

2nd rep.. Wow, this is a little harder, but I can still do 5..

3rd rep. Oof, wow! That was hard

4th rep. Nope, not going to try it.

=(

Man, I want to start doing Power Cleans or Cleans and Jerk but every time I do research on it - I feel like it's too technical for me to do properly. I used to do em in football and was pretty confident I was doing them right but the more I read, the more complicated it seems :lol:

I just want to run and jump like I used to :frown:

^ just take it slow.. Start light get the movements down properly and work from there..

Make sure you're doing your deadlifts in the right position then work from there..

I was in the same boat.. Doing deadlifts, cleans and cleans and jerks in the weight room for football.. All of them I did with terrible form.. Thank god I didn't hurt myself

Welp, I think I have a shoulder impingement. Will icing it help?

All this talk about deadlift, I remember the first time I was doing it and I was putting the weights down fast on the negative. This potato guy kept telling me I had to bring it up like I was smashing a girl yet he never deadlifted at all when I saw him at the gym.

Now a year later and finally he begins deadlifting but does a warm up of 315 (u w0t m8) and does a slow negative and tells his lifting partner to do the same and that he should feel the burn in his lower back and quads.

For you guys that track your macros, do you all use your phone to do ti? I used to do it the old fashioned way with pen and paper lol

Guys stop you're making me blush.

Ive gotta drop weight for my meet in May and I want to possibly go one class lower in Nov and be more competitive. 

Cleans are fun. It's an exercise that you need to do often to get good at it.. And it's frustrating to get back to after a long layoff

I feel out of sync if I go two weeks without doing it.

It's definitely hard to explain a movement like a clean on the Internet, you'd need hands on instruction.

Do you watch/listen to any of Mark Bell's content?
Yep, I just got done watching Omars interview with him on roids actually. 

He drops some good knowledge when he's not promoting one of his products. 

I agree with him 100% about being strong but looking like you lift. I base all my training on that. 

Yep, I just got done watching Omars interview with him on roids actually. 

He drops some good knowledge when he's not promoting one of his products. 

I agree with him 100% about being strong but looking like you lift. I base all my training on that. 

There have been quite a few good videos recently with Mark, Silent Mike, Omar, and Bart Kwan.

I brought up Bell cause in a couple of his videos, he talks about the transition he made from being an eat all you can to be as strong as you can be power lifter to wanting to not be as fat lol

Edit: I don't mind him selling his products, cause at least he's honest and sarcastic while doing it lol

Last edited:
I figured out why I had that hip/back pain a month ago btw, that made me think I had sciatica.

I was squatting with my knees caving in on very heavy squats. It's something I didn't pick up on until very recently.

There have been quite a few good videos recently with Mark, Silent Mike, Omar, and Bart Kwan.

I brought up Bell cause in a couple of his videos, he talks about the transition he made from being an eat all you can to be as strong as you can be power lifter to wanting to not be as fat lol

Edit: I don't mind him selling his products, cause at least he's honest and sarcastic while doing it lol
Yeah they've been putting out good stuff.

I mean who wouldn't want to be leaner and be just as strong? Thats my goal, it will be a little more difficult doing it while being natural. 

Part of me doesn't want to cut till I get that 4 plate bench though lol

I figured out why I had that hip/back pain a month ago btw, that made me think I had sciatica.

I was squatting with my knees caving in on very heavy squats. It's something I didn't pick up on until very recently.

I went through that 2 years ago. Not fun

Yeah they've been putting out good stuff.

I mean who wouldn't want to be leaner and be just as strong? Thats my goal, it will be a little more difficult doing it while being natural. 

Part of me doesn't want to cut till I get that 4 plate bench though lol

I know that feeling , but not getting to 4 plates lol

Low hip Deadlifts are pretty common in olympic lifting. Tons of drills to practice your first pull.

If you want to learn how to clean find a coach. Chances are you didn't get proper coaching. One example is Willis Magahee (sp?). Powerful as **** with a 395 clean, but it's awful technique wise. That is a guy who went through college and pro programs.

Look for an Oly gym in your area. Most offer basics courses, worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom