STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Lower/mid back has been sore for the last week or so. Ran a couple miles outdoors then DL heavy after. Bad idea.

I feel my lower back tight everyday now. Suppose to do chest tonight but may just rest up more, also gonna switch mattresses with my brother since his is stiffer. Hope it helps a bit.
Roll out your glutes with a lacrosse ball and stretch your hips. A lot of lower back is caused by tight glutes and hips.

I would've done heavy deads first and then run

Running tires out your core which helps keeps your back neutral during deads

I had a 4 hour gap inbetween so I thought I was fine. Been stretching it out and using a foam roller. Heps a bit but the tightness and pain come everyday still.

Do any of you guys follow rzfitness on YouTube? Lately he's been advocating how high volume lifting is the way to get big. I'm a person that likes to get in quick 50 min workouts with little rest in between sets. Is it all personal preference? That's what I would have to guess because everyone's body works in different ways

Do any of you guys follow rzfitness on YouTube? Lately he's been advocating how high volume lifting is the way to get big. I'm a person that likes to get in quick 50 min workouts with little rest in between sets. Is it all personal preference? That's what I would have to guess because everyone's body works in different ways
I'm a big fan of high volume, Chris Jones is a firm believer of it as well, I think its best for naturals. 50 min would be too short for me personally, I average 90 min during the week and 2hr+ on Sundays. 

Damn, how that happen?

Ive had a groin injury before from basketball. Wasnt fun at all. Wasnt bad but I never let it heal and kept playing on it, really limited my side to side movement. It hasnt bothered me in years though thankfully.

Lower/mid back has been sore for the last week or so. Ran a couple miles outdoors then DL heavy after. Bad idea.

I feel my lower back tight everyday now. Suppose to do chest tonight but may just rest up more, also gonna switch mattresses with my brother since his is stiffer. Hope it helps a bit.
why don't you just sprint b

I'm a big fan of high volume, Chris Jones is a firm believer of it as well, I think its best for naturals. 50 min would be too short for me personally, I average 90 min during the week and 2hr+ on Sundays. 

Ive been a high volume guy my whole training life! I can fit 16-20sets into a 50 minute session. 45 secs -1 minute rest periods.

Not true. The left two photos are only approx 6 weeks difference from the right one. 100% Natty. A lot of genetic factors play into the ability to burn fat and gain muscle at the same time, but it is possible if you get everything right. I also wanted to share this photo with my NT fitfam just to show hard work pays the f*** off. I'm 7 weeks out from my first NPC Men's physique show! Super excited. Any other competitors in here/anyone with advice as the show gets closer?

Relax and trust the process. Try not to stress. Stress can send your cortisol levels sky high and cause your body to go haywire. If you have a coach, trust him and what has you do.

Imo, rolling the bar closer to myself before deadlifting feels much better than doing it from a dead stop. I just randomly started doing it two weeks ago, before each rep. I had never done such a thing prior. Does anyone else do this?

Imo, rolling the bar closer to myself before deadlifting feels much better than doing it from a dead stop. I just randomly started doing it two weeks ago, before each rep. I had never done such a thing prior. Does anyone else do this?

I see quite a few ppl doing that in powerlifting vids

Big Benni does this and he's one of the top in the world. Its all personal preference. Just make sure it doesn't pitch you forward from the momentum. 

Speaking of deadlifts, can someone explain to me why people cock their hips down into the set up before pulling?

I personally don't do it. I just set up in a position to pull it off the floor.

Is there some advantage im missing from not setting up high and then swinging my hips into it?

Anyone on the East coast feel this cold is getting to their bodies? My backs been killing me, my boy's just feel al around more tired and have aching knees or joints. Few heads at my gym ive overheard complaining about aches and pains.

It needs to warm up quick, and I usually dont mind the cold at all.

The snow has definitely disrupted my workout schedule that's for sure, throwing it off balance and ****

It was like three weeks in a row we got hit hard by snow by my way

And lately it's just been super cold, to the point whenever we get 30 degree Temps, it feels tropical

I'd be swagging with a Hoodie and jogging pants in 30 degree weather LOL

Last edited:
Speaking of deadlifts, can someone explain to me why people cock their hips down into the set up before pulling?

I personally don't do it. I just set up in a position to pull it off the floor.

Is there some advantage im missing from not setting up high and then swinging my hips into it?

For me, the hip drive increases my power and overall deadlift. I like to already be tense and then start the lift instead of doing both the same time.

For me, the hip drive increases my power and overall deadlift. I like to already be tense and then start the lift instead of doing both the same time.

I'm going to try it when I deadlfit tomorrow, but in the past I've found I just pull better when I set up low and just rip that **** off the ground lol

I'm going to try it when I deadlfit tomorrow, but in the past I've found I just pull better when I set up low and just rip that **** off the ground lol
:lol: yeah I used to do that too but it's hard for me to stay low cause for me I lose too much tension/waste energy that way. Trying to set up like that is like just standing with a barbell on my back for a while before actually squatting lol.

I'll try and see if I can take a video tomorrow too cause I'm DL'in tomorrow as well

Last edited:
:lol: yeah I used to do that too but it's hard for me to stay low cause for me I lose too much tension/waste energy that way. Trying to set up like that is like just standing with a barbell on my back for a while before actually squatting lol.

I'll try and see if I can take a video tomorrow too cause I'm DL'in tomorrow as well

That's weird, I feel the exact opposite. I feel like I lose too much energy when I start higher and move down into the lift. When I start low, I just get tight and rip it.

How low are y'all talking?

I can't get don't with the low set up, I feel like a lot of people that do end up basically squatting the weight.

Back
Top Bottom