STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

damn, I was happy to be a solid contributor to the longevity of the previous thread.

I've got a bunch of good articles saved i'll get around to adding tomorrow for the potential newbs to fitness/the thread.

Consistency is key,

This. Consistency is definitely the ingredient to any kind of progress.

Feels good to be back. I was on crutches for a while and when I went back to the gym, I lost all my strength and confidence. But after going consistently, I've been making great progress and it feels awesome. Been going 4 days a week, but added Wednesday and made it solely for abs and some cardio. Been going strong for a few weeks now. I hope to see some drastic changes by the end of 12 weeks.

Anyway, how do y'all prepare your lunches? This is my problem since I don't have a lot of time to prepare. Been getting pre-made sliced chicken in Walmart which is 2 for $5, :nerd:z each, with white rice and veggies but I need some new stuff. Care to share how y'all handle your food? I need to eat plenty, especially lunch cuz it's my after-gym meal.

LeanBodyLifestyle got plenty of good, easy, and cheap recipes but I use his recipes mostly for dinner.

A question for you guys.

Does taking protein (bars/shakes) actually make difference in terms of building muscle? I wanna get more cut rather than looking more bulky. How do you get more cut instead of adding on more muscle? Thanks.

alright, i'm gonna get into a regular routine in a few months when i get my place and i'm able to free up some money...a couple of questions...

-crossfit...i've heard good and negative things...i'm trying to bulk up so do you guys think this would be for me??? i have a place right by my crib which is why i'm asking...

-money...about how much are you spending on supplements and groceries each month??? hopefully i can get on my EBT-swag, but if not, i wan't to start budgeting for that...

A question for you guys.

Does taking protein (bars/shakes) actually make difference in terms of building muscle? I wanna get more cut rather than looking more bulky. How do you get more cut instead of adding on more muscle? Thanks.

Cardio, preferably, high intensity interval training or HIIT. And of course, proper diet.

I assume you want to get rid of the excess fat. In order to do this, you must burn more than what you consume.

HIIT or any interval training works because it keeps burning calories even when you're done with your workout and well-throughout the day. The difference is, compared to long endurance exercises like marathon running which can break down muscle as well, HIIT takes short intervals of high intensity exercise to target mostly your body fat.

Anyway, I'm no expert. This is just basic stuff I know from it. Here are a couple articles if you're interested:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-ripped-dude-hiit.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-ripped-dude-whats-the-best-form-of-hiit.html

Last edited:
Happy to help with the new thread about any Gym \ nutrition based questions

Looking for some advice from NT runners.

For those who run 5k-15k races, what does your weekly regiment look like.

I need to add running into my training, although sacrificing some muscle mass is gonna blow.

plz respond

Can HIIT be achieved on a treadmill?

::EDIT::

Read info on this, to my understanding it would be a "sprint" at 10+, then walk at 2.5-3.5. It just takes some adjusting cause it takes a few seconds to get up to/down to speed. I guess ill try this. Even if it isnt the best way to do HIIT, I can make up intensity by doing more intervals?

Last edited:
Last edited:
A question for you guys.

You don't build muscle just on eating protein. Protein is more to repair your muscles after a workout. Just workout hard, more reps, cardio and you'll have that lean look.

Sup guys. The old thread got too big and cluttered and I couldn't keep
Up with it anymore. Glad to see a fresh start, thanks Cinco. :smokin I will be checking in regularly, I'm no expert but fitness and eating healthy is one of the most important things in my life. Love the positive vibes and the feelin of seeing results.

Let's keep it up guys! :D

Can HIIT be achieved on a treadmill?

::EDIT::

Read info on this, to my understanding it would be a "sprint" at 10+, then walk at 2.5-3.5. It just takes some adjusting cause it takes a few seconds to get up to/down to speed. I guess ill try this. Even if it isnt the best way to do HIIT, I can make up intensity by doing more intervals?

Ya I would say that would constitute as HIIT

I like to use an elliptical for it as its easier on my knees.

1 min warmup @ 6 Resistence above 200 rpm, then immeaditely jump into:

20 secs @ 12 resistance as high RPM as possible

40 secs @ 6 keeping rpm above 200

Repeat 8-15 times

I like it because the mins align with reps. 8th minute = 8th rep/cycle so its easy to keep track of

Can anybody give me tips on how to gain a quick 20 pounds ?

Peanut/almond butter & honey sandwiches with milk. If your trying to gain weight fast the best thing to add to your diet would be more fat. Its gonna pack more calories for the serving size. Also can add a shot of olive oil to each meal or something of that nature.

But in all honestly, a 'quick 20' isn't a good look IMO unless your literally malnourished or at an extremely unhealthy weight

Peanut/almond butter & honey sandwiches with milk. If your trying to gain weight fast the best thing to add to your diet would be more fat. Its gonna pack more calories for the serving size. Also can add a shot of olive oil to each meal or something of that nature.
But in all honestly, a 'quick 20' isn't a good look IMO unless your literally malnourished or at an extremely unhealthy weight
Almond butter taste like
sick.gif
 but when i do half and half with peanut butter its tolerable..u dont need the honey..and eatin multiple sammiches a day will payoff..i eat 4 a day..it gets old quick but u gotta suck it up and deal with it

Almond butter taste like :x  but when i do half and half with peanut butter its tolerable..u dont need the honey..and eatin multiple sammiches a day will payoff..i eat 4 a day..it gets old quick but u gotta suck it up and deal with it

damb brah almond butter is the ****! You eatin the pre packaged kind (MaraNatha)? or the Fresh ground kind you can grind as much as you want?

Fresh ground > Pre Packaged

damb brah almond butter is the ****! You eatin the pre packaged kind (MaraNatha)? or the Fresh ground kind you can grind as much as you want?
Fresh ground > Pre Packaged
Kroger Brand..Trader Joes has some but its like 30 bucks for a small..ill prolly stop eatin almond butter all together tho when i bulk again..reg PB has more fat/same sat fat as Alm B per serving

You don't build muscle just on eating protein. Protein is more to repair your muscles after a workout. Just workout hard, more reps, cardio and you'll have that lean look.

This. If you want to build muscle, you'll have to eat in a calorie surplus along with a high amount of carbs. For bulking, I usually eat 1-1.2g protein/lb bodyweight, 2-2.3 g carbs/lb, and fill the rest of the calories in with fat. Everyone's body reacts different to macronutrients, so you should play around with your macros to see which best fits your body. Right now I've been in a deficit to cut weight and shred fat so my macros and calories are way lower than when I'm bulking. It's hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time unless you get noob gains or are taking a cycle.

Last edited:
Can anybody give me tips on how to gain a quick 20 pounds ?

Quickly is supid because you are gonna gain fat and a lot of it which can just. Make it worse since it will be difficult to lose. Just increase your calories a bit and you will start to gain weight.

Back
Top Bottom