STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

NT famb. Some days I can do a pull up, some days I can't. Anybody have some tips to help me be able to consistently do it?

^ just use an assisted pullup machine till you can do a couple reps. then do regular pullups. then eventually you'll be doing weighted pullups. don't worry they really arent easy to do and it might take a while but just keep doing it.

what's your weight and height? what kind of pull ups are you doing? wide grip? close grip? under hand or over hand?

40mins on the bike machine.
10mins 6 setting
10mins 12
10mins 15
12mins 20

Walked like Ed Norton after that scene in American History X over to the scale for my weekly weigh in... 215.5 :-D

That scale is back on its way down :smokin

Tracking your consumption is so key, TRACK EM!

Last edited:
I lurked hard on the other thread but it's good to be here. I'm down 20 lbs but I need to lose 20 more. Trying to ge tback to my college playing weight. 210lbs

Looking to get into shape but ended up injuring my ankle mysteriously. :rofl:

Any suggestions on how I can still get my cardio covered?

My Body Is Ready. I haven't worked out in two days...need to get back in there.

40mins on the bike machine.
10mins 6 setting
10mins 12
10mins 15
12mins 20
Walked like Ed Norton after that scene in American History X over to the scale for my weekly weigh in... 215.5 :-D
That scale is back on its way down :smokin
Tracking your consumption is so key, TRACK EM!

Yeah boiiii! :nthat:

Love this thread.

For anybody who has done Insanity while weight training (at a gym), how has your experience been? Is your body breaking down? Any random joints aching or so?
I'm strongly considering Insanity to get trim, but don't want to lose too much muscle so I'm conflicted.

^ just use an assisted pullup machine till you can do a couple reps. then do regular pullups. then eventually you'll be doing weighted pullups. don't worry they really arent easy to do and it might take a while but just keep doing it.
what's your weight and height? what kind of pull ups are you doing? wide grip? close grip? under hand or over hand?
I

6'0/212 is my weight. I used to be 296 and so out of shape. I do over hand pull ups. For some reason they're easier than the underhand to me. My grip isn't too wide, but it's wider than normal. Sorry if that doesn't make sense lol

Looking to get into shape but ended up injuring my ankle mysteriously.
roll.gif

Any suggestions on how I can still get my cardio covered?
If youre gym has a heavy bag then you could box. Obviously it wont be as intense since you cant move around, but you can get a good sweat out of it.

Or you could flap your arms around, 30 second intervals with 10-15 second rest inbetween "sets". Works the shoulders too.
jk, dont do that.
tongue.gif

im a fat F at the moment, i want to gain muscle and shed the fat. should i lift and do cardio daily? or should i just focus on bulking up for a few months then cut... which would have my body looking better? :nerd:

im a fat F at the moment, i want to gain muscle and shed the fat. should i lift and do cardio daily? or should i just focus on bulking up for a few months then cut... which would have my body looking better? :nerd:

LMAO at even thinking about a bulk when you claim to be really fat..bulking requires you to eat OVER maintenance...let's pretend you're bulking...do you know how many cals and grams of protein you would need in order to actually gain muscle?...and even then you wouldn't notice it because of all the fat you probably have. Cut at 500 under maintenance and up your protein and lift hard, b

Just focus on losing weight. Get on a high protein diet. Lift heavy and shed the fat first.

Can someone point me in the right direction or dumb things down for me.
I get lost with all this nutrition talk. Whats kind of foods are carbs/proteins?
Right now im chubby 5'8" 172 lbs. I was 185 before i started playing in a soccer team about 3 months ago.
I really haven't worked out, just been playing soccer but will start hitting the gym.
Im trying to get down to 160 but Im lost as to what kinds of foods to avoid. I mostly drink water and eat whatever the GF cooks.

(I don't recommend the following)

when I started in November, I did nothing but 1hr sessions on the eliptical for about 10 days straight before I gave myself a day of rest. Once January came, I cut it to 6 days, resting on Sundays. I didn't begin to lift until April started.

I was taking in about 1200 calories a day while taking supposed fat burners.

I'd focus on cardio for a while brother SOFA, don't even think of lifting weights for now. That's my own opinion, although i've read in numerous other places that nothing burns fat like going steady on a weight program out the gate.

Watch the diet most importantly.

Personally, I'm not sure what your body looks like, but its better to lose fat first and worry about putting on muscle later. To me, it's 100% psychological to see yourself looking better and the subsequent motivation you will receive.

im at 210lb-218lb @ 5'10. guess ill be doing all cardio for a few months. will prob do Insanity.
what weight should i get down to before i start lifting?

Last edited:
im at 210lb-218lb @ 5'10. guess ill be doing all cardio for a few months.
what weight should i get down to before i start lifting?

Just lift, man. You are not going to gain weight if you are lifting and are on a proper diet.

Weight training is great for fat loss.

Last edited:
to the Fat F:

Try Leangains.com

I truly believe for those very overweight it will work wonders. The problem is that you guys like to eat a lot which is probably why you are a 'Fat F' in the first place but I believe there was a study where a severely obese dude fasted for like 200+ days with only multivitamins and lost hella weight and was completely healthy.

not to say you should do that lol but I think the IF for overweight people is a great way to lose weight whilst still eating a big meal

Also lift weights, dont skimp on the lifting, biggest mistake people make IMO. There are some hormonal benefits to it.

Basically lifting isn't going to hurt your progress, it will only help it

To the dude with busted ankle:

Try swimming if your worried about the cardio. Should be pretty low impact or just tread water for x mins lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom