STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i don't know man. After I tried for 405 twice in 5 minutes my legs were just done.

Like nah bud you aren't making me pull that tonight. :lol:

[@=/u/72274/BIGBOSS]@BIGBOSS[/@] or someone school me....

When should I be using a belt on DLs? I did 455 last night w/ no belt and felt fine. I had more in the tank, but had to move on to the next portion of my workout. When I was doing DLs, 2 people asked me about wearing one.

For me it just depends on the workout Im doing for the day. I normally don't put one on until I go over 400lbs. I think you can benefit from doing belt less training for sure, if you aren't training for PL or Olympic lifting I wouldn't really worry about it though. There are other ways to get your core work in.

Appreciate the insight, bro.

I've REALLY focused on strengthening my core over the past year or so. It surely is the foundation for having great/strong overall lifts.

Can someone share their DL workout with me? That's definitely my weakness. Want to focus on strengthening that for the rest of the year.

I do the strong lifts progression, yesterday was:

145x5
145x5
220x3
310x2
370x5

And I did some foam rolling/dynamic stretching before hand. I've actually been using warmupreps.com to figure out the daily progression when adding 5lbs per workout.

Srs question

How can I look like this guy

Start your elite professional sports career in your mid teens and couple it with consistent workouts and plastic surgery.

I just started working out again like 2 weeks ago after falling off for a good 3-4 years :wow:

Just been running and stretching, starting to loosen up and get back into it. My knees are done though :smh:. Never had a problem with my knees before, I think it's a combo of me being too heavy and not being active recently at all

I just started working out again like 2 weeks ago after falling off for a good 3-4 years :wow:

Just been running and stretching, starting to loosen up and get back into it. My knees are done though :smh:. Never had a problem with my knees before, I think it's a combo of me being too heavy and not being active recently at all

Most definitely, your body isn't used to going hard at the weight you are now so your knees are at a great disadvantage.

The best thing you could do would be Cycling or swimming if possible.

Then transition to jump roping on a mat with support.

Gonna try one of those oatmeal chocolate chip quest bars. That's one of my favorite flavor combinations.

Can you guys recommend a good fruit flavored protein powder? I'm tired of chocolate and vanilla. Not really trying to get banana either. I used to use tropical punch ON but I guess it's discontinued because I can't find it anywhere. I found some on Amazon but I don't think they even have it in stock they just sent me an email a week after my purchase asking if I want to cancel because they don't know when it'll be shipping

I have a gift card for Amazon so ideally it'd be on there

Most definitely, your body isn't used to going hard at the weight you are now so your knees are at a great disadvantage.

The best thing you could do would be Cycling or swimming if possible.

Then transition to jump roping on a mat with support.

Ya I've actually been doing all 3. I've never been able to run more than 1.5 miles at a time so I always get a great work out when I'm running so I prefer it to using the bike. I put the bike at 5 (for now) and maintain like 16-17 mph/90-100 rpm but it just takes so long for me to get a good sweat :lol:. I love swimming tho. I've taken like 3-4 days off running and I'm gonna try again tomorrow and see how I feel. I was getting better every workout too it sucks, I don't want to have to switch to the bike or elliptical. I just wanna deadlift and run 6 miles :lol:

Apparently my feet have grown since then too. My old workout shoes are too small for me now so I ordered a new pair. Hopefully that'll help

Last edited:
Prob gonna go with this unless u guys can recommend something else. Flavor sounds good but it's just so damn expensive $80 for 5 pounds is crazy

Amazon product ASIN B00ZAQCQ0G

Isolate is always really expensive, not even sure it's worth the cost IMO

I can't find any other fruit flavored proteins though. Not trying to get chocolate vanilla or banana. I've looked around and I think this is my only option lol

Orange dreamsicle sounds :pimp:

Last edited:
So i did yoga yesterday, for the first time in 3 yrs, and damn it felt good. Felt so loose and refresh. Definitely gonna try to dtart going once a week

Back
Top Bottom