STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You get home from a lonnnnnng days worth of work or school. You sit on the couch. You are EASILY exhausted enough to pass out then and there and call it a night. How do you get yourself to get up, get dressed and head to the gym?

Spread some motivation.

(I'm goin btw. But I wanna know what y'all do.)

iLLest!

you go before, like a real man would :smokin

How long does it take for you guys to notice/feel like your body's deteriorating when you don't go to the gym?

You get home from a lonnnnnng days worth of work or school. You sit on the couch. You are EASILY exhausted enough to pass out then and there and call it a night. How do you get yourself to get up, get dressed and head to the gym?

Spread some motivation.

iLLest!

Don't go home. That's when complacency sets in. Take your gym clothes with you to school/work and make it your last stop before calling it a night.

5'8" 145 lbs.
lookin to bulk up to 160 by April if I'm lucky

GL with all y'all goals :smokin

Going to implement sprints into my workout. Saw a video on YouTube and gonna try it

sprint 30 yards and back (10 pushups) Sprint 30 yards and back (10 situps) Sprint 30 yards and back (10 burpees) do that back to back to back, no rest.

Then do do it again 2 times with minimal rest between sets

Thats not sprinting

Spread some motivation.

iLLest!

Man I just try to burn it in my head that I will work out no matter what and not make any excuses to avoid it. I also try to get good meals in early in the day so I can't use the excuse "I haven't eaten all day, I have to eat something" when I get back home. ****, getting motivated to workout was so much easier in high school/college :lol: :smh:

Spread some motivation.

iLLest!

this reminds me of this commercial lol..

but usually I just go even after a long day of work or school and not really think about it.

Last edited:
I ONLY HAVE HAD 3 MEALS.

I SHOULD BE EATING ONE RIGHT NOW BUT I FEEL FULL/NOT HUNGRY.

FAT BURNERS ARE REALLY SUPPRESSING DA APPETITE.

2SCOOPS PROTEIN = 50G

TOTAL OF 4 TURKEY MEATBALLS = 80-100G PROTEIN

JESUS EFFING CHRISTO.

IM BOUT TO TEAR UP HALF A BREAST OF THIS ROTISERRIE CHICKEN AND MICROWAVE A BUNCH OF BROCCOLI.

SOME ONE YELL AT ME BOUT NUTRITION ASAP

It's crazy how different people can look at similar weight and height. I'm 5'8, and when I was 145 with really low body fat, I looked like a damn skeleton with muscles and a six pack. I've bulked up to 160 and started looking human again :lol: I only start looking built around 175 :smh: I was that size for a while but couldn't keep up with the damn calories on a college budget

I guess even though I have a really narrow frame I have heavy bones?

Last edited:
Going to implement sprints into my workout. Saw a video on YouTube and gonna try it

sprint 30 yards and back (10 pushups) Sprint 30 yards and back (10 situps) Sprint 30 yards and back (10 burpees) do that back to back to back, no rest.

Thats not sprinting

Yeah, because you know everything about fitness right? Forgive me,

Sounds ALOT like crossfit :lol:

5'8" 145 lbs.
lookin to bulk up to 160 by April if I'm lucky

GL with all y'all goals :smokin

Props. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

This is my ideal body type. What's your routine fam?

Thanks a lot man As far as workouts go, I don't really stick to anything concrete tbh. I'm 22 and started around 19 so I've had a few years to experiment with everything. I usually switch up routines every 4 to 6 weeks as far as workouts goes.
I did Rippetoes initially to add strength (but didn't really put on mass) and get myself familiar with the compound lifts.

I usually stick to full-body routines just because I can't stand hitting 1 part per week and waiting an entire 5 or 6 days to hit a muscle again.

More specifically, I'll do Madcows 5x5, HST and then another custom 3-day full body routine that I'll either make up myself or find online. I do those routines for about 6 weeks or so, rotate them, and probably stick a conventional 4 day split somewhere at some point to switch it up. Like I said, I'm not a fan of those but I usually do those for maybe 4 weeks then I get bored then hit one of my full body routines.
For my bulk (just started earlier this month) I'm stickin to a custom routine that I made up which focuses on the big compound exercises.

The key is to stay consistent and be strict on every exercise and every rep.

Sounds ALOT like crossfit :lol:

I mean it basically is. It's HIIT

small victory tonight fellas

I didn't think I would make it tonight..ate salmon and a salad but the rain kept coming down.

I left out at 9 pm and did 20 min in the sauna and 30 min (2mi) on the treadmill.

#FEELSGOODMAN

Hey guys, so i've been frequenting the gym for about a mean 2-3 months now. I do see form change and results already, very happy with that. However, i still have a gut for a slim person. About 145 5"9-10. I've been told cardio is really the only way to rid of it, are there any other intense workouts i can do to target my stomach? and pertaining to cardio, wont that eat away my muscles too since cardio targets the whole body?

Hey guys, so i've been frequenting the gym for about a mean 2-3 months now. I do see form change and results already, very happy with that. However, i still have a gut for a slim person. About 145 5"9-10. I've been told cardio is really the only way to rid of it, are there any other intense workouts i can do to target my stomach? and pertaining to cardio, wont that eat away my muscles too since cardio targets the whole body?

You can't spot reduce so if you have a "gut" then their isn't a way to target weight loss in that section alone. Cardio will help burn fat all over your body...not just your belly. Nutrition plays a huge importance. Even more so than your actually workouts...

Clean up your diet and you'll see change. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom