STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone got a supplement regimen they're working with. I gotta get back after this 3 month layoff

Not a supplement per se, but I'm ******* hooked on this new sugar free acai berry red bull. Never been an energy drink guy but these are [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Y'all inspired me to flat bench again. Learning how to do it again now.
laugh.gif

185 5x5
I haven't in about 6 months. Plan to again soon, except no more touching the bar to my chest (long arms).

Not a supplement per se, but I'm ******* hooked on this new sugar free acai berry red bull. Never been an energy drink guy but these are [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]
I forgot who it was but someone recommended the champagne papi BANG soda... took one as a pre workout before I hit that 4 plate DL...

joint was bomb af. gave me a real good energy and it tasted awesome.

I touch chest with my long a** small frame arms. Only reason I would see not touching chest is from a past traumatic shoulder injury

I touch chest with my long a** small frame arms. Only reason I would see not touching chest is from a past traumatic shoulder injury
That and if you want to keep you shoulders healthy.

The longer your arms are, the lower your elbows have to go beyond parallel to reach the end of the concentric ROM. As your elbows break parallel, your shoulders rotate anteriorly and the load shifts from your pecs to your shoulder capsule and complex. Awful for you RC, labrum, ligaments, etc. That's assuming you're not a dude with long arms and a barrel chest. Everyone is different. But if you're long and slim, bench press should definitely be modified, unless you're a powerlifter who HAS to touch down. But how often do you see Dwight Howard looking mf'ers powerlifting?

One of the problems is people watch bench press demonstrations and don't realize it's usually the powerlifting variation AND they don't apply it to their own anatomy.

How often do y'all hit legs? I have a 3 day split (chest/tris/shoulders, legs, back/biceps) and lift 4-6 days/week, but a geared up guy at my gym said I should only hit legs once every 5-6 days to make them grow... He also suggested I should juice so I took what he said with a grain of salt, but just wondering if, like he suggested, I'm overtraining legs (especially calves) and would see more gains waiting longer between leg days...

Twice a week. Back squat 1 day, front squat the 2nd day (gonna do zerchers as well) plus accessory work

Last edited:
Re-introduced HIIT sprints into my weekly routine. I do this every spring to help cut down the on the winter insulation I always accumulate. Kind of kills my gains, but in the end all I care about is how my body looks, shrug.

How often do y'all hit legs? I have a 3 day split (chest/tris/shoulders, legs, back/biceps) and lift 4-6 days/week, but a geared up guy at my gym said I should only hit legs once every 5-6 days to make them grow... He also suggested I should juice so I took what he said with a grain of salt, but just wondering if, like he suggested, I'm overtraining legs (especially calves) and would see more gains waiting longer between leg days...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Why would u not touch bc of long arms? Unless it's other health issues

That and if you want to keep you shoulders healthy.

The longer your arms are, the lower your elbows have to go beyond parallel to reach the end of the concentric ROM. As your elbows break parallel, your shoulders rotate anteriorly and the load shifts from your pecs to your shoulder capsule and complex. Awful for you RC, labrum, ligaments, etc. That's assuming you're not a dude with long arms and a barrel chest. Everyone is different. But if you're long and slim, bench press should definitely be modified, unless you're a powerlifter who HAS to touch down. But how often do you see Dwight Howard looking mf'ers powerlifting?

One of the problems is people watch bench press demonstrations and don't realize it's usually the powerlifting variation AND they don't apply it to their own anatomy.
See above. Long arms aren't the only contributing factor, It has to do with anatomy. Length of humerus, forearms, chest shape, personal goals are all taken into account.

Ive heard people in baseball circles say to stop when the elbow reaches a 90degree angle (more so for pitchers). The reason was not building up or bulking up the rotator cuff area so guys could still throw and finish a pitch. Kinda like how NFL linebackers cant really throw a football, i mean im sure they can but obviously not like a QB who isnt as built in the chest area.

Wouldnt floor press be a better alternative?

That doesn't make much sense. As a pitcher, you specifically want a strong rotator cuff. Rotator cuff acts as a dynamic stabilizer during a bench press. Going past 90 would strain the rotator cuff (among other things), depending on one's anatomy because the shoulder would rotate anteriorly and the load would shift from the pectorals, triceps, etc to the glenohumeral complex. That type of load isn't meant for the shoulder girdle in that extreme ROM.

You might be thinking of the principle "never train rotator cuff to failure." That's true within baseball circles, specifically Eric Cressey and Mike Reinold. When you see dudes doing external and internal rotations for example, they're directly targeting the RC. High reps lows resistance. Like I said, it's dynamic stabilizer and it's main function is to stabilize the humeral head in the shoulder socket. So it's very important for it to be strong, for everyone.

Floor presses are good if you have access to a rack. These are also pretty cool, Dave Tate invention:

Last edited:
Ya thats probably what im thinking of lol. I know alot of em do internal and external rotation work with DBs and resistance bands. Low weight high reps

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This whole post is 
laugh.gif

^ I remember I saw the macros for that... the carbs on that are so low idk how to feel about it.

Did the white monster and high volume for ***** and gigs today. Experience was laughable. Hell I coulda even took a nap after taking it.

Y'all want something that would have me throwing weights around here you go. I've posted this pre before.
Cannibal Riot and Man sports pump. 2-aminoisoheptane puts me on another level

https://www.chaosandpain.com/cannibal-riot-2-aminoisoheptane/

Last edited:
^ I remember I saw the macros for that... the carbs on that are so low idk how to feel about it.
I'm not going to do the diet part. Hard to get what he recommends out here so I'll make my own. I've just always liked his workouts and the whole DTp thing. I like his programs.

Did the white monster and high volume for ***** and gigs today. Experience was laughable. Hell I coulda even took a nap after taking it.

Y'all want something that would have me throwing weights around here you go. I've posted this pre before.
Cannibal Riot and Man sports pump. 2-aminoisoheptane puts me on another level

https://www.chaosandpain.com/cannibal-riot-2-aminoisoheptane/

the pre has dmha.... is that even safe bruh
I feel great when I take it. My heart never raced either whether I was doing a cardio warm up or heavy lifting

High volume isnt made for a jittery pwo feel more of a a vascluarity/pump then anything... One scoop wont do anything especially if your over 160. But the best dmaa/dmha pwo is mesomorph by far..I have been experimenting with legion pulse and pes high volume before I workout and lipodrene (great fat burner) in the morning.

Last edited:
I train legs as soon as I recover. I'll squat any day but dl. I'll just bust out a 5x5 on chest day or something. I only dl once a week but if my legs are good I'll ruin them asap. I like lifting legs and back, I do chest and shoulders because I have to...

Dl
315x5
405 2x2
455x1
315 2" deficit 3x3

Bb row 5x5 155

Pull ups and face pulls and stretch

I drink white monster because I drank so much caffeine on a daily basis pwo would either make me puke or not feel it or make me feel weak. Now I just drink 4 cups of coffe in the morning and a white monster before gym. Not trying to get on the constant caffiene grind again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom