STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Caffeine is the only thing in a preworkout that works. Might as well drink grape kool aide if you're gonna go decaf

Last edited:
Anyone here juice?
I been juicing for about a year but I been slacking for the past couple weeks. Haven't had the time in the mornings to get everything prepped. I def need to get back up on it. Makes you feel cleaner/healthier overall. And if you juice right, you won't need to eat as much so you'll be lowering your calories. I usually do kale, ginger, lime and coconut water. I have a Nutribullet RX so I throw it all in there and drink about 16oz 1-2x a day. It makes ya pipe hard too. Only downside is after you juice, all the fiber and ting makes you full so you don't really have an appetite for a protein shake. Trying to figure out a way to combat this. I need 300grams of protein.

Caffeine is the only thing in a preworkout that works. Might as well drink grape kool aide if you're gonna go decaf
Thank youuuuu. It's hilarious how a lot of people don't realize this. If you remove caffeine...preworkout is useless. That's why I laugh when people try to argue that this preworkout sucks, this one is better. Etc.

Aka caffeine tolerance. lower caffeine. Higher caffeine.

:lol: why would creatine do anything for your energy level? All that stuff is a waste of money. Creatine works, pre workout works, gear works. Everything else just save your money.

I touch chest with my long a** small frame arms. Only reason I would see not touching chest is from a past traumatic shoulder injury

That and if you want to keep you shoulders healthy.

The longer your arms are, the lower your elbows have to go beyond parallel to reach the end of the concentric ROM. As your elbows break parallel, your shoulders rotate anteriorly and the load shifts from your pecs to your shoulder capsule and complex. Awful for you RC, labrum, ligaments, etc. That's assuming you're not a dude with long arms and a barrel chest. Everyone is different. But if you're long and slim, bench press should definitely be modified, unless you're a powerlifter who HAS to touch down. But how often do you see Dwight Howard looking mf'ers powerlifting?

One of the problems is people watch bench press demonstrations and don't realize it's usually the powerlifting variation AND they don't apply it to their own anatomy.

This is such good info my man.

I watched a vid by Omar Isuf (sp?) about benching. And he gave a tip that inbetween every rep rotate your shoulders and poke your chest out. Being lankey at 6 foot and 180lbs i have a horrible bench. When i touch my chest i need an ok arch and if i push my chest up and rotate my shoulders every rep it allows me to stay tight and save my shoulders a lot more then i was. I always had shoulder popping issues. And still due...especially when im fatigued in a set and can't stay tight. But learning what i can and can't do has been a big help.

Same thing with squat. Finding Lane Norton and seeing if you are tall you can have some forward lean as long as your spine is neutral really helped me out.

Anyone here juice?
I been juicing for about a year but I been slacking for the past couple weeks. Haven't had the time in the mornings to get everything prepped. I def need to get back up on it. Makes you feel cleaner/healthier overall. And if you juice right, you won't need to eat as much so you'll be lowering your calories. I usually do kale, ginger, lime and coconut water. I have a Nutribullet RX so I throw it all in there and drink about 16oz 1-2x a day. It makes ya pipe hard too. Only downside is after you juice, all the fiber and ting makes you full so you don't really have an appetite for a protein shake. Trying to figure out a way to combat this. I need 300grams of protein.
Why don't u put a scoop of whey into your smoothie/juice concoction, that's what I do. That's a lot of protein bruh

Anyone here juice?
You're juicing and taking in that much protein? Be careful when you're doing your working sets of squats or bench press....god forbid you let out a silent one and we have a Trinoble incident on our hands.

Seriously though, I use to juice and I did feel pretty good, but it was just to much work for me. I had a regular juicer and you have to clean the equipment immediately after making juice or else it becomes impossible to clean and eventually starts to stink. My recipe was similar to yours except I would add half a granny smith apple to it. 
pimp.gif

This is such good info my man.

I watched a vid by Omar Isuf (sp?) about benching. And he gave a tip that inbetween every rep rotate your shoulders and poke your chest out. Being lankey at 6 foot and 180lbs i have a horrible bench. When i touch my chest i need an ok arch and if i push my chest up and rotate my shoulders every rep it allows me to stay tight and save my shoulders a lot more then i was. I always had shoulder popping issues. And still due...especially when im fatigued in a set and can't stay tight. But learning what i can and can't do has been a big help.

Same thing with squat. Finding Lane Norton and seeing if you are tall you can have some forward lean as long as your spine is neutral really helped me out.
There's so much bro science out there regarding the bench press that fails to take into consideration individual anatomy and joint biomechanics. The popping in your shoulder, is it your AC joint? High volume bench press sessions can take a toll on the AC joint if you're really going deep and have the build that you and I do. Dips and decline won't do any favors either. I was guilty of all this for the longest and now my left shoulder cracks painlessly now and then.

ATHLEAN-X on youtube is one of the best fitness channels for bodybuilders because he takes all these variables into account. He actually has a great bench press tutorial. I would also recommend Eric Cressey (Cressey Performance), and Tony Gentilcore as people you would definitely learn a lot from on the anatomy and physio end of lifting.

Also, check this thing out strictly for shoulder stability and RC strength. Used widely in physio circles here in the Boston area:

I usually do it at the end of a workout (so my RC isn't taxed before compound lifts) or on off days.

Last edited:
Athlean-x by far the best YouTube channel. He's a physical therapist as well as a strength trainer right? Dudes advice is sound. Nutritionally as well. He's a very smart cookie though. We talk about him often in shool

Interesting discussion on benching... I'm 6'4 long limbs and always touch, just feels right and like I'm not half repping. Shrugs. Bout to hit some chest in a little while too. Maybe if I'm not pushing big boy weight it's not a problem for my shoulders.

Interesting discussion on benching... I'm 6'4 long limbs and always touch, just feels right and like I'm not half repping. Shrugs. Bout to hit some chest in a little while too. Maybe if I'm not pushing big boy weight it's not a problem for my shoulders.
Do you have a barrel chest? Some people have long arms but can still touch down because of the shape of their rib cage.

7tpi3IE.jpg

Last edited:
I stopped flat benching ever since it started giving me my left elbow pain and right shoulder pain.

im only 5'7 btw lol. either way, I prefer the incline on my push days. only time I do flat is if I do close grip.

I stopped flat benching ever since it started giving me my left elbow pain and right shoulder pain.

im only 5'7 btw lol. either way, I prefer the incline on my push days. only time I do flat is if I do close grip.
Check out "the stick" for self-myofascial release for cranky elbows

Did some back today. Tried out Jefferson Deadlifts and Snatch Grip Deadlift. BB rows, seated rows, lat pulldowns.

Did some back today. Tried out Jefferson Deadlifts and Snatch Grip Deadlift. BB rows, seated rows, lat pulldowns.
did the same minus the dl''s

also did some ohp, rack pulls, and  shoulder work afterwards...

Last edited:
Just curious at yalls gyms what % of folks do u see hitting depth on squats? As in parallel or atg. I'd say 10%, I go to la fitness

In before ig says "focus on yourself and stop watching others"

But to answer your question, not very many. Outta people i see on a regular basis that actually squat i think only 2 or 3 hit atg and maybe a handful or so parallel. Then again i go to a community center so it is what it is

Last edited:
DUde told me the other day I was the first one he saw in our gym hitting depth :lol:. I've seen probably 3 other dudes hit depth the whole 2 years I've been at this gym.

Ok so it's not just me. I was thinking wow this is really freaking bad. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom