STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I'm also on a cut. My last weigh was last Sunday and I was 198.6. My start weight was 219.6.

Funny that this came up because I was just ask to ask if anyone was experiencing strength loss. For me I have. It's not drastic but everything just feels heavy lol; and I don't even get a pump anymore. Only my pushing movements seem to be effected. Chest day has been demoralizing to say the least. My current macros are 200 C 200 P 50 F. I think imma up my carbs by 50 starting Monday.
Nice. I say up the carbs for sure. I'm goal macros are
250 c
200 p
60 f
I come close to 250 everyday and hit my protein easily. Fats I sometimes go over by maybe 15g. But the weight is still coming off good. I adjusted my lifting belt last week and this week it felt a tad loose [emoji]128514[/emoji] [emoji]128526[/emoji]

It may be my form. I'm in there by myself 99% of the time and I might not be doing right. I should've learned my lesson last year, I messed up my shoulder badly, took most of the year to heal.

Nice. I say up the carbs for sure. I'm goal macros are
250 c
200 p
60 f
I come close to 250 everyday and hit my protein easily. Fats I sometimes go over by maybe 15g. But the weight is still coming off good. I adjusted my lifting belt last week and this week it felt a tad loose [emoji]128514[/emoji] [emoji]128526[/emoji]

I've already have to put my INZER belt 2 holes back [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. I'm bout to be on the last hole. I'm even on the last hole of my pants belt.

Cut continues. Weighed in today at 184 from a 205 start. I wanna get down to 170 I think. I'm starting to notice a loss of strength at this point though. Well maybe not a loss, but I'm not seeing gainz anymore
Keep up the good work bro. I'm at 190 this morning. When did you start cutting? My last week has been good strength wise with the carbs being upped from an earlier part of the day.

started the cut almost 3 weeks ago, so losing about a pound a day without cardio. I think next week I'm gonna start trying some fasted cardio and add some sprint and HITT workouts. Don't know how thats gonna work on keto but we'll see :lol:

DL
135x8
225x6
315x1
405x1
495 fail
495 fail

Couldn't lock that **** out. Guy i was working in sets with said i was there just needed to lock out. Ima have that just now. Hoping to get there end of june. Tryna hit get to 5plates in 18mths.

Bb rows
Seated rows
Lat pulldowns
Biceps

Down to 181 this morning from 195. Was originally shooting for like 175 but I don't think I want to lose any more :lol:. Seeing my abs again definitely making me feel better though. My pants finally fitting my waist again without being OD snug but I didn't lose much mass in my thighs smh

started the cut almost 3 weeks ago, so losing about a pound a day without cardio. I think next week I'm gonna start trying some fasted cardio and add some sprint and HITT workouts. Don't know how thats gonna work on keto but we'll see :lol:
1lb a day? Hell na. I felt like hot trash loosing 2-2.5 lbs a week lol. I overall feel much better 1lb-1.5/week.

Last edited:

Unles you're extremely overweight this can't be healthy.

Someone in here mentioned overhead squats.... damn they are hard AF. I need to watch some YouTube before trying. I didn't research them but just tried the motion to see how it felt with the bar. Feels so awkward and makes me think I'm unbalanced when I squat. When I held the bar up, I had it hella out in front.
Its usually mobility issues when it coms to the overhead squats. Gotta work on your mobility. 

Unles you're extremely overweight this can't be healthy.

I was extremely overweight. I'm a skinny boy for life but I was sitting at 205 with 25-30% BF. I don't lose a pound everyday, that's just the average in a 3 week span. I'm 184 right now. Most of it is due to cutting out creatine and the water weight associated with that. Im tracking my macros pretty well, so I don't think I'm dipping anywhere near unhealthy :lol:

DL
135x8
225x6
315x1
405x1
495 fail
495 fail

Couldn't lock that **** out. Guy i was working in sets with said i was there just needed to lock out. Ima have that just now. Hoping to get there end of june. Tryna hit get to 5plates in 18mths.

Bb rows
Seated rows
Lat pulldowns
Biceps

Try banded dl. Those help lockout. Take like 185 and the fattest bands you can find. That will get your hips doing more work and help your lockout a lot. It's probably like 385-400 at lockout.

Did a half hour workout today at 11pm.

Pull-ups 4x8

Bb row
135x5
155x3x5

Bench
135x5
185x5
205x3
225x2x2
225x1
225x1
135x16

Dips 3x5 +45

Ohp
95x5
135x5
135x2x2
95x7

Just ripped through that with like 30 seconds rests and was sweaty af. :lol:

Last edited:
^might have to cop some. The only type at my gym are those skinny ones with the handles. Prob gonna throw in some rack pulls since i dont really do em much. Seems like the lockout on DL and bench are my weak points. Been doing floor press to help with bench

Yeah I forgot about rack pulls that's all hips and lockout right there too.

If you use a squat bar it takes all the whip out too so it is basically you just locking it out all hips and glutes with no help from the bar.

Last edited:
Hit a 455x3 DL Soundview last week after failing after 455x1 (Too warmed up lol)

Then hit a 415x4 Soundview too.

Finally squatting again. Hit 135x10 (4).

Hit a 455x3 DL Soundview last week after failing after 455x1 (Too warmed up lol)

Good work!

Chest and tri later for me. Can't wait to try these out. DB ISO holds

Nice work soundview soundview

Got 500 up to my knees today and dropped it. I was worried about my back. Apparently it was straight, should have kept pulling because it was still going up. Oh well.

Dl
315x5
455x2
500x fail
405x1
405x1
405 3x3

Most random rep scheme ever. I was pissed off so I just wanted to keep lifting but wasn't really thinking about it.

30 pull ups
Bb row 4x5 various weight up to 175
Ohp don't remember but was working at 135.

Good work!

Chest and tri later for me. Can't wait to try these out. DB ISO holds

Thanks!
Nice work soundview soundview

Got 500 up to my knees today and dropped it. I was worried about my back. Apparently it was straight, should have kept pulling because it was still going up. Oh well.

Dl
315x5
455x2
500x fail
405x1
405x1
405 3x3

Most random rep scheme ever. I was pissed off so I just wanted to keep lifting but wasn't really thinking about it.

30 pull ups
Bb row 4x5 various weight up to 175
Ohp don't remember but was working at 135.
Thanks!

Guess you beat me. I think my 1rm is about 480. Still gonna take it my usual pace and just raise my next cycle max to 470.

I didn't beat you bro. I didn't lock it out. We're still going. :pimp:

It's a good test though, you're much more methodical about your lifting. I can barely remember how many reps I do. :lol:

Last edited:
Hey guys I need help getting that beach body lol

I use to play ball a lot , and for some reason I didn't have any abs or I wasn't even cut. I was at 158lbs @ 5"9

Did some strength training and Started bulking January , so now I'm about 170lbs , chest and biceps looks cut but I can never get my abs right

Any tips?

Back
Top Bottom