STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

It’s been a slow grind but my feet finally feel the best they’ve felt in about 18 months. Chronic plantar fasciitis that I did literally everything for, and I think if I’m not all cleared up now, I’m damn close.
I had to give up hooping and have been slowly easing back into it. Feel like I’m ready to take the training wheels off and get right. Hooped today and damn I feel like I’m jumping and running with ankle weights.
I’m 6’4.5” 217 lb, going to try to slim down to 210. Leggooo

Am I the only one who can't seem to do cardio on my day off. I try to do cardio everyday, even if it's just walking, but the days I don't lift weights I can't muster up the will power to go jog or run. I can do a walk,but other than that my body screams for me to just sit on my *** and eat.
im dieting right now and it's a super slow grind i've only broke like 15 lbs in the last 3 months. (which is still decent) but I work so hard in my workouts that the days off im just like F this.

Am I the only one who can't seem to do cardio on my day off. I try to do cardio everyday, even if it's just walking, but the days I don't lift weights I can't muster up the will power to go jog or run. I can do a walk,but other than that my body screams for me to just sit on my *** and eat.

Remember that you can still win the day by eating under your caloric goal... try and do something that distracts you from sitting and eating. It's tough.

The same way you drag your *** to the gym to lift when you don’t feel like it you have to do the same thing for cardio.

If that’s your goal anyway.

Took 3 rest days and did some minor back workouts and stairmaster. Not gonna lie the energy you hit the gym after rest days feels great. :pimp: Makes up for the guilt of taking days off. :lol:

Fellas, I just published a new article for the first time in months. This one breaks down the latest research findings surrounding BCAAs, how they actually affect muscle protein synthesis, and if they're worth the cash after all.

My goal with my approach was to make it informative and include actual research and science, but still give you an easy, enjoyable read. If you have the time I'd appreciate you checking it out, clapping it up if you think it's good, and letting me know what you thought. Thanks!

Fellas, I just published a new article for the first time in months. This one breaks down the latest research findings surrounding BCAAs, how they actually affect muscle protein synthesis, and if they're worth the cash after all.

My goal with my approach was to make it informative and include actual research and science, but still give you an easy, enjoyable read. If you have the time I'd appreciate you checking it out, clapping it up if you think it's good, and letting me know what you thought. Thanks!

great read. I like how you did the "what i means" for the readers as well.

these days I been drinking coconut water during my workouts.

great read. I like how you did the "what i means" for the readers as well.

these days I been drinking coconut water during my workouts.

Thank you! I wanted to make sure people get the full picture without boring them with science crap only us nerds really care about. Happy you liked you.

Gains are made OUTSIDE the gym. Sleep is so important.

It's that CrossFit ish bike that has handles. It pretty much uses resistance created by the fan incorporated in the machinery of the bike. The harder you go, the more resistance you are met with.

Sounds dope. I like cardio that has some resistance element to it. Stair master >>>

Tweaked my left shoulder somehow.

Just did legs earlier.

Squats
135x10
225x5
315x5
365x3
405x1
445x1
405x1
315x10
225x10
135x10

Calf raises
Bulgarian split squats.

Hit 445 before but felt like I didn't get as deep and wasn't as clean. Did it a lil better this time, felt like I was gonna fall backwards after the lift tho :lol:

week 3 was a *****..

425 1x2
350 6x3

pendlay
barbell shrugs
underhand lat pulldown

since im a suspect for glaucoma, i been practicing my breathing when lifting now. no longer holding my breath since it increases pressure to your eyes, which is unhealthy. tryna get in the habit of always breathing out.

TBH when I was in tip top shape, eating really good and lifting 5 days a week HARD. I had tons of energy.

ive never been one with pre workout and never will take em, but noticed being back in the gym lately its so hard but back then man.. could work out for hours like it was nothing.

tweet is def true at least for me

I take that back, the fraud lady from LIS is keeping things alive with manipulative plans of death and destruction. I love it.

First day back in a week. Missed a bunch of lifts two days in a row got pissed and left. :lol:

I’m so tired of lifting at 90%+ of my max it’s mentally taxing. I’m switching it up and doing a lot more hypertrophy for at least 6 months. I need to mix it up and get a break.

5 3 1 got me these numbers since I started in November. Worked great for me on everything but dl but that was already high compared to my other lifts

Bench 225->245
Ohp 155->170
Squat 335-> 375
Dl 485-> 500

TBH when I was in tip top shape, eating really good and lifting 5 days a week HARD. I had tons of energy.

ive never been one with pre workout and never will take em, but noticed being back in the gym lately its so hard but back then man.. could work out for hours like it was nothing.

tweet is def true at least for me

Yeah I never messed with pre workouts either. If I ever need a pick me up, a cup of black coffee does the trick.

I used to work 12 hours a day and lift 5-6x a week. I had tons of energy and didn’t mess with pwo either.

I’d just work, lift and sleep that’s like all I did for two years. That’s when I put on 65 pounds of n00b gainz.

I felt good too. I wasn’t as tired as I am now. I need to sleep more and I’d be good.

Back
Top Bottom