STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I do a mix of strength training at the gym and cardio. What is your go to preworkout snack a couple hours or so before the gym?

Did pin squats today for the first time. Loved em.

Also signing up for a powerlifting gym soon. Really excited because the place I'm looking at has competition standard bars and racks, deadlift platforms, standardized plates, and a bunch more.

If it works for you, all power to you.

But isn't it just a cycle bike with a screen? I don't know how the "classes" work.

I'm sure one can easily buy a regular spin bike, attach a tablet to it and stream free cycle classes.

Am I missing something?

Well at its core that’s what it is, it seems more durable, quieter than other spin bikes I’ve jumped on, is legit silent and doesn’t shake or vibrate, I believe the biggest draw is the live metrics and interactive classes...I think I’ve seen people attach an iPad to a regular bike and use the peloton app, but I don’t think you’ll be able to measure your output and other metrics

pics or it didn't happen.
256443CD-E2D8-4528-9AF2-70C60CA20D0F.png

Also signing up for a powerlifting gym soon. Really excited because the place I'm looking at has competition standard bars and racks, deadlift platforms, standardized plates, and a bunch more.

I am jelly...

You aren’t gonna wanna lift anywhere else. I especially hate cheap bars now.

Real benches are nice too, I can’t deal with throwing a bench in the rack anymore or the ones where it has a bunch of notches to hold the bar.

Well at its core that’s what it is, it seems more durable, quieter than other spin bikes I’ve jumped on, is legit silent and doesn’t shake or vibrate, I believe the biggest draw is the live metrics and interactive classes...I think I’ve seen people attach an iPad to a regular bike and use the peloton app, but I don’t think you’ll be able to measure your output and other metrics
Really don’t think you can go wrong. A good bike is a good bike. Don’t have many things for cardio at the house becuase having worked at a gym I know maintenance can be expensive as ****. I either buy good equipment for cheap or nothing at all.

You aren’t gonna wanna lift anywhere else. I especially hate cheap bars now.

Real benches are nice too, I can’t deal with throwing a bench in the rack anymore or the ones where it has a bunch of notches to hold the bar.

Yeah, my gym doesn’t even have a power rack :lol: I just go there because it’s free for me.

This new place’s benches have adjustable racks and AND safety pins. I’ll be like a kid on Christmas on day.

I live in the bay. There's tons of yoga and crossfit gyms around but no powerlifting gyms that match my workout schedule. 24 hour it is for me...

Yeah, my gym doesn’t even have a power rack :lol: I just go there because it’s free for me.

This new place’s benches have adjustable racks and AND safety pins. I’ll be like a kid on Christmas on day.

You’ll love it man. :pimp:

It’s also nice to lift in a gym with a little more seasoned people.

Same as other places probably $30-80 a month. Im pretty sure Mark Bell doesn't even charge membership for his gym.

Last edited:
Yeah I got a schwinn road bike, quality stuff.

Thing with the peloton i'm sure the bike is top notch, but the sell is really the content which you can just get the app and some addons to make the experience similar for much less.

Thinking about buying the EliteFTS Yoke Bar and selling my New York Barbell Safety Squat Bar. The NY BB one has the handles right in line with the bars so the positioning is very unnatural.

Anyone else have experience with SS bars?

Yeah I got a schwinn road bike, quality stuff.

Thing with the peloton i'm sure the bike is top notch, but the sell is really the content which you can just get the app and some addons to make the experience similar for much less.
I’m no bike expert but the one I got at home busts my *** pretty well for a fraction of the cost. The apps are cool but not a must for me. Knowing my calories burned is good enough for me. My biggest thing is the durability. I’m using these things daily. I need them working all the time.

I hate how my chest is the weakest link of my body. With Legs,back,and shoulders my numbers going up. Last week i did 275 on bench press, i needed that spot or else i wouldve been dead.

DL-520/1 rep
Squat-480/1 rep
OHP-195/1 rep
BP-260/ rep ;(

I hate how my chest is the weakest link of my body. With Legs,back,and shoulders my numbers going up. Last week i did 275 on bench press, i needed that spot or else i wouldve been dead.

DL-520/1 rep
Squat-480/1 rep
OHP-195/1 rep
BP-260/ rep ;(

Mine is too, I don’t even care anymore. Got it up to 255 with a 515 dl. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom