STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just looking for something small since inhave a tiny town house for now. Alsonsaw some dbs for about the samenprice that came up to 100 on each side in weight (the screw on ones) for about 200-300

I’d go the screw kind. I mean none are gonna be as good as solid dB but you already know that. I’d just get the screw ones from alsonslaw because they won’t break.

SBD day today. Volume work. I’m gassed

squat: 315 4x6
CompBench: 230 4x6
Deadlift: 385 4x3

anyone have tips for pulling conventional with short arms and a long torso. My upper back stays rounding no matter how hard I pull the slack out the bar and brace mystomach. My leverage is terrible for conventional and I feel like pulling sumo will be worse.

Possible to get a video or gif of you deadlifting?

Possible to get a video or gif of you deadlifting?

i'll get it this saturday since thats the next time im deadlifting.

been reading and watching hella youtube vids on it.

some are saying to fix it, others are saying a rounded upper back is fine. as long as the lower back is straight its ok.

torn on this.

2 weeks out before the meet and had to give you guys the progress update. Form and strength gains were super real but here are what the numbers are looking like:

snatch - 225
Clean and Jerk - 275

Just recently injured my tricep trying to save a max jerk. Will be resting for the next couple days but I should be ready by then

Went to a batting cage the other night. Right in the middle of the city, place is open til 4am. Been a good decade since I played baseball. 300 got you 25pitches, I played 3 rounds. They had different speeds, from 80-110km (just under 70). Went with 90 the first round cuz that was the only one open at first. Went to the 110 one for the last two rounds. Took a pitch or two to get used to seeing it again and getting my front foot down early. Started lacing them once I did. Got a nice blister on my left hand tho :lol:

IMG_20190930_225207.jpg

Seen this one also

IMG_20190930_224919.jpg

This hotel was funny to me

IMG_20190930_225017.jpg

I feel you. I was just on vacation too. Only thing I lifted was a fork but I walked a ton and did some hiking.

anyone have tips for pulling conventional with short arms and a long torso. My upper back stays rounding no matter how hard I pull the slack out the bar and brace mystomach. My leverage is terrible for conventional and I feel like pulling sumo will be worse.

I have the same issue, long torso short arms. I actually have my leg spacing between conventional and sumo so a just tiny bit wider than shoulder width if it's not exactly shoulder width. My hands are relative to my legs, so just about shoulder width with my elbows right at the inside of my knees before I go into the concentric portion. Typically you want your hands at shoulder width anyway since it'll create the shortest moment arm and you'll be able to produce maximum potential force.

This helped me a lot and it took me about 3 months to find the perfect positioning. But I'm almost back up to 3 plates and I haven't had back problems ever since. I just experimented a lot which benefits me since I'm going into my DPT. Let me know if that helps. Also I would start at lower weights while you're trying to find the most comfortable positioning so you don't hurt yourself.

Additionally if you don't want to change from the conventional stance, maybe you might need to adjust your cues before the lift.
Before the concentric motion, taking tension out of the bar, engaging your lats, depressing your scapula may help with the upper back rounding.

I have the same issue, long torso short arms. I actually have my leg spacing between conventional and sumo so a just tiny bit wider than shoulder width if it's not exactly shoulder width. My hands are relative to my legs, so just about shoulder width with my elbows right at the inside of my knees before I go into the concentric portion. Typically you want your hands at shoulder width anyway since it'll create the shortest moment arm and you'll be able to produce maximum potential force.

This helped me a lot and it took me about 3 months to find the perfect positioning. But I'm almost back up to 3 plates and I haven't had back problems ever since. I just experimented a lot which benefits me since I'm going into my DPT. Let me know if that helps. Also I would start at lower weights while you're trying to find the most comfortable positioning so you don't hurt yourself.

Thanks for the tips. Been working on the form and I get to deadlift this sat so I’m gonna try out my new starting cues.

Back
Top Bottom