STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yea I get why some of y’all stop watching him lol.

what’s everyone thoughts on this?

look, I get it. You can still work out your quads doing quarter squats. but just because it’s efficient doesn’t means it’s optimal.

why short change yourself when science and research proves that a full range of motion will get you stronger and is more optimal.

I always look at training like money in your bank account.

your energy = money

you have a finite amount of energy per week to spend. So why spend it on quarter squats when you can get a better deal by doing a full range of motion squat?

thoughts?

still not quarter squatting. It would take a while to train my brain to even stop at a quarter.

You can always do quarter squats with your jerk dips and presses.

Chinese lifters do it all the time and their quads are crazy.

Anyone done this program before?

Going to start it soon but trying to figure out what the bottom of the spreadsheet is for where it says "training 1RM for week __" below each week. It allows you to adjust the reps.

I did. I liked it a lot. HOWEVER my spreedsheet didn't allow me to change thos numbers for some odd reason. I just plugged in my 1rm and used the program as is.

Squat went from 363 to 380, bench 232 to 245, DL 479 to 500.

^ stopped watching a while back. Theres only so much videos on working out you can have before **** gets repetitive and redundant.
I stop watching all these youtube content folks on any topic eventually because you realize this is how they make money and are under pressure to moreso put content out as much as possible instead of something meaningful.

Jeez those burpees in the 2nd video were serious
I stop watching all these youtube content folks on any topic eventually because you realize this is how they make money and are under pressure to moreso put content out as much as possible instead of something meaningful.
One of those guys even switched up his accent :lol:

After a while he started talking with like a boston accent, "bahbell", but he didnt sound like that in the early vids

Couple supps I’m taking now. The bucked up is the regular formula in watermelon.

Tried 4 weeks each of these whey protein isolates. The one on the left I trust more because of the “NSF contents trusted and certified” and the “informed choice org trusted by sport” badges on the back.
4FE94E38-ABAD-4429-8812-3EF60E037A7E.jpeg

C10FD5AD-A2DC-4001-BBC0-C7AA629C373A.jpeg

Had good results with both. Pretty good flavors. The Jocko had a tiny bit of that fake sugar flavor but it wasn’t enough to be disgusting. Would recommend either.

Anyone ever strain their lower back/pelvis area?

Going on day 8 of pretty constant aching pain. Probably gonna have to see a doc. Sh*t hurts just doing every day things. Definitely not gonna see the gym for a while.

Anyone ever strain their lower back/pelvis area?

Going on day 8 of pretty constant aching pain. Probably gonna have to see a doc. Sh*t hurts just doing every day things. Definitely not gonna see the gym for a while.
I had one not too long ago. It took about 4-6 weeks for it to heal. I finally deadlifted very light on Friday and I was nervous

I had one not too long ago. It took about 4-6 weeks for it to heal. I finally deadlifted very light on Friday and I was nervous

How did you strain it? It's soul sucking man, I'm all depressed and sh*t because I feel like I can't do anything.

I think mine was just gradual. Using too much lower back DL'ing and doing bent over rows, among other hinge movements. Didn't give minor tweaks enough time to recover and lower back said enough is enough and finally flipped me the middle finger.

Did you see a Dr., PT, etc?

How did you strain it? It's soul sucking man, I'm all depressed and sh*t because I feel like I can't do anything.

I think mine was just gradual. Using too much lower back DL'ing and doing bent over rows, among other hinge movements. Didn't give minor tweaks enough time to recover and lower back said enough is enough and finally flipped me the middle finger.

Did you see a Dr., PT, etc?
The thing is I don’t even know the moment when it actually happened. I was deadlifting heavy so I’m certain that was the cause. My pain was like yours. In the beginning it was very mild and I was still working through it and didn’t give myself time to recover. It got to a point where I was like yeah I need to see a doctor

I went to the doctor, got an x ray which was fine and pretty much all he did was give me a muscle relaxer and ibuprofen which I didn’t take and told me to do some stretches

I took a week off from working out completely and when I went back to the gym I avoided anything that could affect my lower back for the next month or so. It was a 4-6 week recovery period for me

The thing is I don’t even know the moment when it actually happened. I was deadlifting heavy so I’m certain that was the cause. My pain was like yours. In the beginning it was very mild and I was still working through it and didn’t give myself time to recover. It got to a point where I was like yeah I need to see a doctor

I went to the doctor, got an x ray which was fine and pretty much all he did was give me a muscle relaxer and ibuprofen which I didn’t take and told me to do some stretches

I took a week off from working out completely and when I went back to the gym I avoided anything that could affect my lower back for the next month or so. It was a 4-6 week recovery period for me

Thanks for sharing fam. Sounds very similar. I never had an "oh sh*t moment" like some folks get when they hurt their back. I just happened to notice it more when I was doing RDL, leg raisers and glute bridges of all things. And then after a 2 hour car ride it was aching.

4-6 weeks :sick:

I'm going go to the doctor just to make sure it's nothing more serious and I know he's going to want me to take muscle relaxers and NSAIDS too. Always does. Relaxers just make me hella groggy.

Thanks for sharing fam. Sounds very similar. I never had an "oh sh*t moment" like some folks get when they hurt their back. I just happened to notice it more when I was doing RDL, leg raisers and glute bridges of all things. And then after a 2 hour car ride it was aching.

4-6 weeks :sick:

I'm going go to the doctor just to make sure it's nothing more serious and I know he's going to want me to take muscle relaxers and NSAIDS too. Always does. Relaxers just make me hella groggy.
Yeah good idea to get it checked out by a doctor. I hate going to doctors but I didn’t want to take my chances

Tips for cutting? Pool season in 1 month
I already do....
High reps
Alot of water
Diet is protein high and carb low

sounds Like a good formula. Don’t be afraid to keep going heavy though even while on a cut.

Also, fasted cardio works really well every now and then, especially if you’re doing high protein low carb. Get those ketones a burnin’

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom