STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

dont skimp on the bar. That’s the most important equipment out of the 3. Invest in a good bar which should be around $300
are the only 2 options titan or rogue?
yea i dont mind paying for the bar cuz that's where the big 4 exercies can be done on. im worried about the plates cost tho. i know they're usually a $1 a pound or whatever. I wonder if i can get some for a better deal, i probably wouldn't need more than 4-45lb 4 25lb. 4 10lbs 2- 5lbs
so that's about 350.
so we're at 600.
That Rack u said was about 300.
bench about 200.

how much were the matts?

Man, been in a slump this week since my shows been cancelled. Been eating cake and pastries like no bodies business 😅. Metabolism is starting to slow down and starting to put on some body fat. Gonna reduce the indulging and start back up into a prep stage. There's still a show in June so if everything starts going back to normal, I'll shoot for that show.
I did a half *** workout yesterday and today at the gym...felt good though cause I haven't done anything for about a week.

Do you do meal plans or can you recommend me anyone who does? After this is all over I'm looking for a reasonably priced pro who can give me meal prep advice.

yea i dont mind paying for the bar cuz that's where the big 4 exercies can be done on. im worried about the plates cost tho. i know they're usually a $1 a pound or whatever. I wonder if i can get some for a better deal, i probably wouldn't need more than 4-45lb 4 25lb. 4 10lbs 2- 5lbs
so that's about 350.
so we're at 600.
bench about 200.

how much were the matts?

the best all around bar is the rogue ohio power bar for $315 shipped. There are better bars out there such as eleiko and kabuki, but those bars are like $800+.

the Ohio power bar is used in almost every powerlifting competition, great tensil strength, and the knurling is aggressive, but not to the point where it’ll chew up your hands.

Avoid the cerakote finish for the Ohio power bar. That finish makes the knurling less aggressive. I got the black zinc finish which was perfect for me.

Last edited:

the best all around bar is the rogue ohio power bar for $315 shipped. There are better bars out there such as eleiko and kabuki, but those bars are like $800+.

the Ohio power bar is used in almost every powerlifting competition, great tensil strength, and the knurling is aggressive, but not to the point where it’ll chew up your hands.

Avoid the cerakote finish for the Ohio power bar. That finish makes the knurling less aggressive. I got the black zinc finish which was perfect for me.

I don't do Any power lifting moves really. just the basic body building 3.
why the other bars so expensive

so that's about 350.
so we're at 600.
bench about 200.

how much were the matts?
Definitely more than 2 options. There is this brand called ISellFitness and their power bar is actually very highly rated amongst the home gym community. The bar is around 195, not sure about shipping, depends where you are. Worth a look.

I don't do Any power lifting moves really. just the basic body building 3.
why the other bars so expensive

the bodybuilding 3?
The squat bench and deadlift? Cause that’s what powerlifting is. Regardless if you’re someone who’s gonna do the big 3, the bar is the best bang for your buck

horse stall matts are 50 bucks or so.

you don’t need 4 25 pound plates, you need 2. You only need 4 45s and 4 10s.

Another barbell to consider is the Texas power bar. It’s a dope barbell.

Ohio pb
Texas pb
Rep power speed bar
Rep gladiator
Rogue Castro 😻 but it’s bare steel

this right here is the best bang for the buck, yeah it’s bare steel but who cares. Wipe it down once in a while with oil and you’ll be fine.

Ohio power bar

i’d but the rest from rep fitness but it’s all sold out right now.

Last edited:
1584898620592.png

Definitely more than 2 options. There is this brand called ISellFitness and their power bar is actually very highly rated amongst the home gym community. The bar is around 195, not sure about shipping, depends where you are. Worth a look.
the bodybuilding 3?
The squat bench and deadlift? Cause that’s what powerlifting is. Regardless if you’re someone who’s gonna do the big 3, the bar is the best bang for your buck
horse stall matts are 50 bucks or so.

you don’t need 4 25 pound plates, you need 2. You only need 4 45s and 4 10s.

Another barbell to consider is the Texas power bar. It’s a dope barbell.

Ohio pb
Texas pb
Rep power speed bar
Rep gladiator
Rogue Castro 😻 but it’s bare steel

this right here is the best bang for the buck, yeah it’s bare steel but who cares. Wipe it down once in a while with oil and you’ll be fine.

Ohio power bar

i’d but the rest from rep fitness but it’s all sold out right now.
bet. think all this will be a summer purchase for me. so I'll def holla in here when it's time. I dont wanna be cheap about any of this but the more money I save. I can get my wife stuff too like dumbbells and kettle bells. still need a treadmill. (I have a dinky elliptical) if I can get away with spending like 2500 or 3k for everything I'll be happy

Back
Top Bottom