STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

is it safe to eat uncooked/unsoaked quaker oats? i always throw a cup into my shakes but i've heard from a couple people that i should always cook or soak oats before eating them. i looked it up online and read differing opinions.

illest are you sure you aint ODing on the supplements. I mean they say how much you need for 100% daily value and even some doctors think people who eat right don't need to supplement everyday...especially if your under 35yrs old. I guess I'm just scared cuz my body building buddy got colon cancer (in remission now) and he would take mad supplements, protein, creatine, and roids when he was in college. PS I ain't a doctor...just want to give people on here something to think about before they stuff themselves with all their food and chemicals. Who knows what all these companies put in their protein powders...I can't pronounce most of the ingredients.

The only supplements I use:

35 grams of protein per serving (pretty pricey though at $45...whole foods $10 off coupon is best bet)

22 grams of protein per bar...no dairy in it. ($3 a bar at select stores..I can get you box for $25 because I've been a customer for years)

(I don't take it everyday but its cheap)

Last edited:
I have been working out for a minute, but I honestly think I have gotten worse
:frown:
I'm not sure if this is a step in getting in shape tho

What do you mean? Like you feel like you look worse than before? Strength?

iLLest!
My strenght is up but that is about it.
excuse the stomach pic. This is as close to the same pose as I could get.

I think I took that eat a lot stuff too far. I need to work on my arms but in terms of strength they have improved the most.

Top is before bottom is after. Taken with flash

Last edited:
What do you mean? Like you feel like you look worse than before? Strength?

iLLest!
My strenght is up but that is about it.
excuse the stomach pic. This is as close to the same pose as I could get.

I think I took that eat a lot stuff too far. I need to work on my arms but in terms of strength they have improved the most.

Top is before bottom is after. Taken with flash

No offense, but are you like 13?

^No. My growth is delayed and stunted due to me having sickle cell anemia. I am almost 24.

I am trying to improve myself ****

Sunshineblotters, what's the date of the first pic and what's the date of the second pic. Also, what's your weight for both pics and what's your calorie intake looking like?

iLLest!
second pic was taken a few minutes ago. the first pic was taken about 9 months ago when I first started.
When I started I did workouts isolating each body part. For the last one and a half months I have been doing 5x5. Since 5x5 I have been going to the gym 3x a week as opposed to 4x a week when i was isolating muscle groups (back/bi, chest/tri)

I have not been counting calories. I just know I used to eat a lot before. I eat a lot more now. Even when I am not hungry. Just for calories. (my metabolism has always been ridiculously fast. Like the 7th wonder of the world. People ask how I eat so much and never gain weight).

In terms of weight I can lift a whole lot more. But I only improve in strenght, not muscle mass

Last edited:
^No. My growth is delayed and stunted due to me having sickle cell anemia. I am almost 24.

I am trying to improve myself ****

Oh aight, just wondering fam.

Just keep eating man. Its gonna be difficult but its the only way to get mass and improve your strenghth.

I weigh 155 and when I tell people they really are shocked and swear im heavier because though I don't weigh alot, its all muscle man.

I just ate whatever and whenever and lifted heavy.

5'9" I weight 145. People think I weigh a lot less from just looking at me. I wish I weighed myself before.
Anyway like I am saying I am getting stronger, mos def. But I am not getting bigger/better looking. Thats the whole reason I am doing this is to get better looking...

5'9" I weight 145. People think I weigh a lot less from just looking at me. I wish I weighed myself before.
Anyway like I am saying I am getting stronger, mos def. But I am not getting bigger/better looking. Thats the whole reason I am doing this is to get better looking...
yeah, sorry to say, i'm your height and 147, i look way bigger than you. maybe you have leg mass that we cant see in the pictures?

hmm. i'm ignorant on the subject, but does sickle cell anemia affect your normal muscle growth?

i can only suggest what anyone else will. i would take whatever you're eating now and multiply that by 2. you want to eat eat eat. i would carb up pre and post workout. also, look into a mass gainer. easy way to get in a lot more calories and protein. you want to be at a caloric surplus by at least 500 over your maintenance. you could afford to eat a lot more. don't be afraid of gaining fat because you're really lean and have a lot of room to grow.

5 x 5 is definitely going to get you a lot stronger. now that you have that added strength you can go back to isolating muscle groups. i've always personally liked to be in the 10-12 rep range even when i am going relatively heavy. it gives your muscles a chance to rip and repair themselves and grow.

also, i know you don't want to hear it but you're going to have to be patient. i know it can be frustrating but you'll eventually learn to what your body responds to and what you need to do to see results.

start talking to big dudes at the gym and gain all the insight you can. even when i got bigger than people i used to look up to, i STILL go up to them and ask them for advice. you can always learn.

i would also suggest creatine for you. it's gonna give you water retention, thus making you heavier, thus making you stronger thus thus thus. you see how it goes.

good luck bro!

iLLest!
Good looking out.
I don't think it does. There are some sickle cell anemic pro athletes. I take iron tablets because my blood can't carry iron or oxygen as well. So that may affect my workout somehow

Yah, it is so frustrating. My brother is very fit even though he eats much less than I do. He was always into sports in middle and high school though
yeah, sorry to say, i'm your height and 147, i look way bigger than you. maybe you have leg mass that we cant see in the pictures?

My legs are really long for my body size. They are small but they are lean. Even before I started working out people thought I did work out.

Last edited:
Deadlifted yesterday. Did two sets at 355lbs....3 reps then 2 reps. I swear i will get to 365 next week. I should probably get a belt if i am going to be trying to max...but i hate any additives. Chalk helps a lot though

Not too sure what my week looks like... Thinking back and Bi's today. Shoulders and traps tuesday. Cardio wednesday. Thursday legs. Friday off Satruday chest sunday deadlift....

I love watching CT Fletcher talk. Its a nice break from all the other bodybuilders talking the science of everything.

Last day of cold weather. Ready to kill arms today. Ready to get back on running schedule tomorrow.

YEAAAAAHH BUDDYY!!!!!!!!!!

illest are you sure you aint ODing on the supplements. I mean they say how much you need for 100% daily value and even some doctors think people who eat right don't need to supplement everyday...especially if your under 35yrs old. I guess I'm just scared cuz my body building buddy got colon cancer (in remission now) and he would take mad supplements, protein, creatine, and roids when he was in college. PS I ain't a doctor...just want to give people on here something to think about before they stuff themselves with all their food and chemicals. Who knows what all these companies put in their protein powders...I can't pronounce most of the ingredients.

The only supplements I use:

35 grams of protein per serving (pretty pricey though at $45...whole foods $10 off coupon is best bet)
How is this taste wise?

I'm at the point where I don't want to touch many of the commercial protein powders anymore because the majority of them have a bunch of filler and pointless crap in there.  I've always been of the opinion that as long as you train consistently, discipline yourself, and eat right, that's all you really need to get results.  Beyond that, it's not even worth it.  I already use a few Garden of Life products so I may start taking their protein as well.  The fact that it's gluten free is another plus.  Other than ON's Natural Whey, none of these products on the market interest me.  Always nice to see someone posting something about healthy living beyond the aesthetics.

Last edited:
Anybody go to the Arnold this wknd?
That you Stnnafasho 
nerd.gif

illest are you sure you aint ODing on the supplements. I mean they say how much you need for 100% daily value and even some doctors think people who eat right don't need to supplement everyday...especially if your under 35yrs old. I guess I'm just scared cuz my body building buddy got colon cancer (in remission now) and he would take mad supplements, protein, creatine, and roids when he was in college.

That isn't your normal "supplement" though. That could have led to him getting sick, not any of the over the counter stuff. 

^ Coulda copped some of those Vitamin Shoppe roids :nerd:

:lol:

Legs are not my friend, although I worked them as hard as possible just now.

Tired, but did an hour on the bike afterward. May not be able to make it to the gym for my sesh tomorrow due to school, but we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom