STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Man fish oil has to be a wonder supplement. Omega 3s pop up in so many medical articles related to physical, mental, skin health etc.

Breakfast
2 boiled Eggs (Screaming Hornets Hot Sauce + Black Pepper)
Orange
Oatmeal and blueberry. (I boiled my water with an orange peel to give it a little more flavor.)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm watching Like Water about Anderson Silva on Netflix right now. Any other documentaries about fitness and such I should watch?
Thanks for watching the Silva movie. Nice film man. There are some more UFC based movies on there, just look at the related films.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Damn what are the figures on that burger Cinco? :lol:

worked a double the past two days and couldnt make it to the gym. but instead of going out last night, i decided to cath up on some sleep. i woke up feeling good and full of energy this morning

Sunday morning leg work out - lets get it!!
mad.gif

anybody got a new ab routine for me? been doing the manny p boxer one that was uploaded a month back... love it but want to switch it up for a bit

anybody got a new ab routine for me? been doing the manny p boxer one that was uploaded a month back... love it but want to switch it up for a bit

If u have an iPhone/iPod/iPad I'd suggest checking out the "athlean x 6 pack promise" app. It is set up as an 8 week ab program and gives like a 5-10 minute ab routine each day and goes through a number of exercises daily while counting down youre time, which i think helps push u. There's a lot if variety of exercises which is nice if you're trying to switch it up.

If u have an iPhone/iPod/iPad I'd suggest checking out the "athlean x 6 pack promise" app. It is set up as an 8 week ab program and gives like a 5-10 minute ab routine each day and goes through a number of exercises daily while counting down youre time, which i think helps push u. There's a lot if variety of exercises which is nice if you're trying to switch it up.

cool... is there one that is a 3 times per week one? I tend to dislike the short daily spurts... I prefer the spread out full 30min killer ones lol

Damn what are the figures on that burger Cinco? :lol:

:lol:

**sigh** here I go

Each one (Cal/Fat/Carb/Pro)

4oz 80/20 ground beef (240/17/0/21)
A slice of bacon, quartered and weaved for the tops (60/6/0/4)
1/2 slice American cheese (30/2.5/1/2)
Almond bun (used one for two burgers) (208/17/3 NET Carb/ 10)
Flax bun (used one for two burgers) (108/4/0 NET carb/ 7)

Total per burger: Almond bun burgers - 438 / 34 / 2.5 / 32
Total per burger: Flax bun burgers - 388 / 27.5 / 1 / 30.5

Try the buns out DCAA, I love them. I think you would too.
http://cavemanketo.com/2012/02/15/faux-bread-quest-holy-grail-almond-buns/
http://cavemanketo.com/2012/02/11/faux-bread-quest-flax-buns/

SUPER simple to make

http://www.naturalnews.com/039308_Subway_deception_food_additives.html

Subway's deception (opinion)
by Hesh Goldstein

(NaturalNews) We are all aware of Jared's incredible transformation from "blimptom" to normalcy by eating Subway sandwiches and the resulting "Eat Fresh" slogan that put Subway on the top of the map.

Being a vegan, I only ate a foot-long Veggie, no mayo or cheese, with mustard and some oil and vinegar, on toasted whole wheat. When they offered avocado I got a bit skeptical because when Quiznos added avocado it was a paste and not what I had hoped.

So, one day at my local Subway, I asked the woman behind the counter if the avocado was fresh. Her reply, and I really appreciated her honesty despite her lack of marketing skills, was, "Yes, we opened the can this morning."

That got me to thinking, "what else?"

I have come to learn that every one of their "6 grams or less" items contains preservatives to keep it, if you will pardon the expression, "fresh."

Okay, they make the sandwich in front of you, but behind the scenes they get boxes of already cut up and pre-packaged processed foods, with chemical additives, that are shipped from Big Food factories to all their locations.

Did you know that the 9-grain whole wheat bread that looks and smells freshly baked contains around 50 ingredients including refined flour, conditioners, MSG, refined sugar and more? Me either! How can a bread so processed ever come close to being a real food?

Did you ever hear of a chemical ingredient called azodicarbonamide? Me either. It's banned as a food additive in the U.K., Europe, and Australia. But not at Subway. Interestingly enough, if you get caught using it in Singapore you get up to 15 years in prison and a fine of $450,000.

And why? Because it's primary use is in the production of foamed plastics. But in the good ole U S of A, it can be used as a food additive, a flour-bleaching agent, and a dough conditioner because it improves the elasticity of bread.

The U.K. has found that azodicarbonamide is a potential cause of asthma if inhaled, and for people that have sensitivity to food dyes and other allergens in food, this can increasingly aggravate the symptoms.

Somebody should inform Subway that to make real whole-wheat bread all you really need is whole-wheat flour, yeast, salt, water, and maybe some honey. But that doesn't really do anything for shelf life or the fact that the stores do not bake their breads.

While all the sandwiches contain chemical additives, refined bleached flour, preservatives, artificial colors, MSG, refined sugars, GMOs, and over 50 ingredients, only three contain nitrates. Yea! Far out! Only three!

Those that contain the nitrates are the Ham Sandwich, the Subway Club, and the Turkey Breast and Ham. Basically, these are processed meat sandwiches and the nitrates contribute significantly to disease.

Studies have shown that it only takes about 1.8 ounces of processed meat to increase the proliferation of cancer by 50 percent, heart disease by 42 percent, and diabetes by 19 percent. These Subway sandwiches contain twice that amount. Yummmmmy!

The American Heart Association, having spent 30 plus years trying to find a cure for heart disease, has given these Subway sandwiches their "seal of approval". Are you shing me? Pimps, hookers, and tricks!

The only reason the turkey and ham sandwich contains the nitrates is because of the ham. Does that make the turkey by itself harmless? It's full of preservatives, chemical flavorings, and processed carrageenan (MSG). You tell me.

The Cornucopia Institute did a study, which revealed that once the food grade version of carrageenan is ingested it turns into a carcinogen in the digestive system.

When we look at all the Subway veggies, like the peppers and pickles, they all look so bright, cheery, and appetizing. Do you think it's all the artificial colors that make it look that way? Before I forget, the black olives contain an additive called ferrous gluconate. Its only purpose is to keep the olives black.

For you cheese lovers you should know that Subway cheeses contain artificial colors, preservatives, and cellulose that is made from wood pulp. Oh yeah, the "6 grams or less" do not take into consideration the addition of the cheeses or the salad dressings.

Speaking about the salad dressings, the two of the most healthiest sounding - the fat-free honey mustard and the red vinaigrette both contain GMO corn syrup, artificial colors, preservatives, and other chemical additives. P.S. The lemon juice comes in a pre-packaged squirt pack loaded with preservatives.

You would be hard pressed to find one organic ingredient at Subway. Rest assured that the bulk of what they use is conventionally sourced and most likely include pesticides, antibiotics, and growth hormones. It makes me wonder if Monsanto could be a hidden partner.

With all that being said and the harsh reality coming to light, maybe Subway should change their motto to,
Eat Crap!

Always, in my refrigerator and/or freezer I have Bavarian rye bread with sunflower seeds (Whole Foods sells it), Amy's Sonoma Burgers, homemade hummus, tomatoes, onions, cucumber, and fresh avocados. If I need a "fast food", the bread and the burger go in the toaster and everything else gets added when they pop up. "It's finger-lickin good!"

Aloha

:lol:

**sigh** here I go

Each one (Cal/Fat/Carb/Pro)

4oz 80/20 ground beef (240/17/0/21)
A slice of bacon, quartered and weaved for the tops (60/6/0/4)
1/2 slice American cheese (30/2.5/1/2)
Almond bun (used one for two burgers) (208/17/3 NET Carb/ 10)
Flax bun (used one for two burgers) (108/4/0 NET carb/ 7)

Total per burger: Almond bun burgers - 438 / 34 / 2.5 / 32
Total per burger: Flax bun burgers - 388 / 27.5 / 1 / 30.5

Try the buns out DCAA, I love them. I think you would too.
http://cavemanketo.com/2012/02/15/faux-bread-quest-holy-grail-almond-buns/
http://cavemanketo.com/2012/02/11/faux-bread-quest-flax-buns/

SUPER simple to make
No where near as bad as I thought (numbers wise))

In the words of Emmitt: "Those buns does............do look good." They look like cornbread or jonny cakes

I need to start learning how to make bread man

Last edited:
cool... is there one that is a 3 times per week one? I tend to dislike the short daily spurts... I prefer the spread out full 30min killer ones lol

Not that I know of...the app is 5 times a week. I guess u could do like 2 routines per day, or just extend the workouts since each exercise is timed for only 30-60 seconds

No where near as bad as I thought (numbers wise))

In the words of Emmitt: "Those buns does............do look good." They look like cornbread or jonny cakes

I need to start learning how to make bread man

They're on the smaller side, which is why I kept the patties so chubby and not flatten them any further.

All of these keto recipes for breads are smaller than what we've become accustomed to as far as size is concerned.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes

What length speed rope should I cop? 9 or 10 feet?

I wanna incorporate it as my cardio along with super sets.

How tall are you?

9 should be fine, unless you're well over 6'.  If it's just a basic speed rope, you can always adjust the length.  I put a knot in my rope near the handles when I want to force myself to jump higher off the ground.

What I do is a minute of rope between my sets.  Cardioacceleration. :smokin

I'm 5'9". I was looking at some yesterday, but I didn't want to order one without knowing other people's opinion. Thanks bro, Ima order one today.

Breakfast
2 boiled Eggs (Screaming Hornets Hot Sauce + Black Pepper)
Orange
Oatmeal and blueberry. (I boiled my water with an orange peel to give it a little more flavor.)

I'm watching Like Water about Anderson Silva on Netflix right now. Any other documentaries about fitness and such I should watch?
Thanks for watching the Silva movie. Nice film man. There are some more UFC based movies on there, just look at the related films.

I liked that film a lot. I got angry at some parts though when that Sonnen dude was talking all that trash. I've always seen Silva as mostly a humble guy, so I felt like the slander was too much.

I watched this other documentary called Hungry for Change as well. Really opened my eyes. I still chew gum, but I didn't know the aspartame combined with caffeine was that bad.

I'm going to watch a few more documentaries today. I was disappointed that there wasn't a Kai Greene documentary on there though. Kai Greene has become my role model for bodybuilding even though I don't want his physique.

I went to the gym today with a lady friend to work out. I made her do the same exercises as me, but with lighter weight. She hung in there.

Had her deadlifting 135 lbs, squatting 110 lbs, and leg pressing 180 lbs. Bench pressed 75 lbs as well. Not bad for her first time.

Truly proud of her, truth be told.

Last edited:
They're on the smaller side, which is why I kept the patties so chubby and not flatten them any further.

All of these keto recipes for breads are smaller than what we've become accustomed to as far as size is concerned.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes
Are the sizes around the size of an English Muffin? I have recently been saying that homemade burgers should fit perfectly on an EM.

Cinco, I have been on that link for like the last 30 mins. Can't wait to try out the Almond buns. How is the taste? Honestly?

I went to the gym today with a lady friend to work out. I made her do the same exercises as me, but with lighter weight. She hung in there.

Had her deadlifting 135 lbs, squatting 110 lbs, and leg pressing 180 lbs. Bench pressed 75 lbs as well. Not bad for her first time.

Was she hesitant? Did she use the, "I don't want to get bulky" excuse beforehand?

Was she hesitant? Did she use the, "I don't want to get bulky" excuse beforehand?

Nah, I work with her, and told her how it is. Told her it's going to be painful, but worth it. Made sure she understood that, because I would've been pissed if she gave up halfway through it.

As for the bulky excuse, I didn't let her even have a chance to use. I told her women say that out of pure ignorance. Told her you don't just get bulky by lifting out of nowhere.

It helped that there were other toned women at the gym, she had examples to look at to know I wasn't lying.

:lol: She told me she hated me after it though.

Just ate the most food ever in one sitting.

4oz Lox
Bagel
2 pieces French toast
Scrambled eggs
2oz pork loin
2oz prime rib
Eggs Benedict
2oz turkey sausage
3 pieces bacon
Biscuit
2oz sea bass
Potato hash
Muffin
Grits
2oz chicken breast
Salad
Cheese
Fruit
Dessert: key lime pie, cheesecake pop, brownie, chocolate mouse, lemon tart, bread pudding, apple cobbler

It's even more disgusting after writing it out. Now it's time for two months of strict dieting before running Pittsburgh.

Anybody juice vegetables/fruits on the regular? Can anybody recommend one? :nerd:

I want to cop a juicer since I want to push this fitness lifestyle even further. I've heard that the 'slower' juicers are the best since they retain the most nutrients.

Haven't been able to work in 3 days. Been sick as all hell. Usually I just fight through is if I Just don't feel well..but this right here, this is like death. Just completely drained and weak. Hopefully tomorrow I get some of my strength back and can get in there. I'm not gonna force it if I don't though. I don't want to set myself back being hardheaded lol

Haven't been able to work in 3 days. Been sick as all hell. Usually I just fight through is if I Just don't feel well..but this right here, this is like death. Just completely drained and weak. Hopefully tomorrow I get some of my strength back and can get in there. I'm not gonna force it if I don't though. I don't want to set myself back being hardheaded lol
That last line, +1.

Working out when you're sick isn't beneficial at all. Yeah, you're at the gym. But you probably had a bad workout and wasted energy that could have been spent toward recovery.

Just went APE **** on my chest

FELT GREAT 
pimp.gif

Ended with a little triceps work and hit my adonis a lil bit.

Listened to this during my workout and went straight HAM

EVERYBODY SHUT THE **** UP 
mad.gif

Also thanks to whoever posted that Spider Silva documentary I'm about a quarter way through and love it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom