STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You guys have me motivated...since i love deadlifts and squats....i will try to start power cleans.

But question from a complete novice. It is a combo lift working what...glutes, hamstrings, quads, lower back, traps, some shoulders? So should i space this out from my deadlift and legs day? or should i combine it with either?

Posterior chain mostly. (Glutes, Hams, Quads) The shoulder/trap part of it is a reflexive movement. You shouldnt be thinking about shrugging the bar. It just happens naturally.

Seriously though, start off with the hand version. The initial pull from the floor is where most problems originate, and if theres a problem with that part of the movement it cascades into the rest, screwing the whole exercise up.

Do you deadlift and squat on the same day? I typically have a day of plymoetric, explosive movements and do them on that day. You can do them before squats or before deadlifts, just dont do them after.

Thanks man repped.

I normally do deadlifts on their own day. Deadlifts, box jumps, and some calves to finish it out. But legs day il do Squats, calves, lunges, stiff leg DL. So i will throw them in before deadlifts see how it goes.

This is not how creatine works at all
This is how it does work:

"When an athlete is doing an intense quick-burst activity such as weightlifting, their muscles must contract, needing a quick source of energy while the force of muscle contraction depending on the amount of stored ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate). When the ATP is used, it turns into ADP (Adenosine Diphosphate). Creatine increases the availability of ATP by reacting with the ADP in the body and turning it back into ATP. The more ATP in the body means the more fuel for the muscles. Creatine also helps to increase your muscle size by volumization. Volumization is the process of pulling fluid into the muscle cells and thus increasing their volume. Creatine also helps users to gain weight in this manner."

"Creatine is a nutrient naturally found in all our bodies. It is a combination of 3 amino acids; arginine, glycine and methionine. Creatine helps provide the energy our muscles need to move, particularly quick and explosive movements. Muscle contraction is initially fuelled by ATP (adenosine-triphosphate).

There is only enough ATP to provide energy for approximately 10 seconds. For this energy system to continue, more ATP is required. Creatine phosphate gives up its phosphate molecule to ADP (adenosine-diphosphate), thus recreating ATP. Increasing the muscle's supply of creatine phosphate helps increase the rate in which the body can supply ATP. This increases the muscles capacity to do work and improves the energy efficiency of the muscle. Research shows creatine to be effective in improving training intensity and recovery. It is able to pass through the gut wall (stomach) and into the bloodstream intact and upon entering the muscle cells, is converted into Creatine Phosphate (CP)."

To the guys that are on the Keto diet, do you carb reload every 7 days or 14 days?

I think a lot of people recommend carbing up just to keep your sanity. Personally, I'm not going to at all because my lifts are back to where they were before starting (2 1/2 weeks). Another thing is I want to avoid the "keto flu" at all costs... And carbing up is just gonna put me through that all over again.

I'm just gonna keep at it until I'm at the bf% I'm happy with.

#TeamBaconEggsXtraCheese

Just got this for training. LETS GET IT

How do you guys feel about eating every 2-3 hours.  I've been trying it out, just prepare my meals in advance if I can.  It's tedious but i've noticed myself leaning out and gaining muscle mass. 
This is the best way to see changes in your physique.  Every 2-2.5 for mass gaining and every three for leaning out. 

This is how it does work:

"When an athlete is doing an intense quick-burst activity such as weightlifting, their muscles must contract, needing a quick source of energy while the force of muscle contraction depending on the amount of stored ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate). When the ATP is used, it turns into ADP (Adenosine Diphosphate). Creatine increases the availability of ATP by reacting with the ADP in the body and turning it back into ATP. The more ATP in the body means the more fuel for the muscles. Creatine also helps to increase your muscle size by volumization. Volumization is the process of pulling fluid into the muscle cells and thus increasing their volume. Creatine also helps users to gain weight in this manner."

"Creatine is a nutrient naturally found in all our bodies. It is a combination of 3 amino acids; arginine, glycine and methionine. Creatine helps provide the energy our muscles need to move, particularly quick and explosive movements. Muscle contraction is initially fuelled by ATP (adenosine-triphosphate).
There is only enough ATP to provide energy for approximately 10 seconds. For this energy system to continue, more ATP is required. Creatine phosphate gives up its phosphate molecule to ADP (adenosine-diphosphate), thus recreating ATP. Increasing the muscle's supply of creatine phosphate helps increase the rate in which the body can supply ATP. This increases the muscles capacity to do work and improves the energy efficiency of the muscle. Research shows creatine to be effective in improving training intensity and recovery. It is able to pass through the gut wall (stomach) and into the bloodstream intact and upon entering the muscle cells, is converted into Creatine Phosphate (CP)."

I'm taking physiology and I read about this last weak. Makes me feel smart knowing how creatine fuels muscle conraction by producting more ATP. When you work out to your max you only use up about 30% of your body's ATP. Just a fun fact.

HUH???  Not sure if serious....
This is the best way to see changes in your physique.  Every 2-2.5 for mass gaining and every three for leaning out. 
Are you serious? It's all calories bro regardless of when it goes into your body. Eating more often will keep your metabolism going for sure but thats about it. Your saying a 30 minute difference for cutting vs bulking will give better results? Don't think so. 

Last edited:
LOL WHAT?

do you also believe doing 20+ reps will get you cut and shredded? lol

but seriously...
indifferent.gif

Hit 225 on the bench bros. :pimp:

2 good reps, 3rd was alright with a tiny spot, the 4th was eh. :lol:

Feels good man.

Congrats man! :D
I feel pathetic when it comes to benching.

Im at around 5 solid reps of 185 right now.
Not too good for a 25 year old guy.

Hopefully I can hit 2 plates by next year :smh:

I think a lot of people recommend carbing up just to keep your sanity. Personally, I'm not going to at all because my lifts are back to where they were before starting (2 1/2 weeks). Another thing is I want to avoid the "keto flu" at all costs... And carbing up is just gonna put me through that all over again.

I'm just gonna keep at it until I'm at the bf% I'm happy with.

#TeamBaconEggsXtraCheese

We have similar mindsets :pimp:

Congrats man!
happy.gif

I feel pathetic when it comes to benching.

Im at around 5 solid reps of 185 right now.
Not too good for a 25 year old guy.

Hopefully I can hit 2 plates by next year
mean.gif
Man I been stuck on 135 since 2008.
laugh.gif

I made a post about this a few pages ago, only last week I maxed out at 205. Feels great, hope I can push through that plateau though when it hits.

I wish the rest of my life could be like today.

Worked a few hours. 3 mile run. 45 minute lift. 30 minutes cycling. Going back in three hours for a swim.

I decided I want to start doing triathlons. Ironman before I turn 31. Gives me 5 1/2 years to get it done. Totally doable.

Man I left some chicken breast marinating in buffalo marnate for 3 days.

I finally bake it last night.

**** was delicious.

I need some quick and easy breakfast tips though.
Like Frank's Red Hot Sauce or something? That type of Buffalo? Whatg else? I might try that, but I never wanted to waste that much hot sauce.

I can't bake chicken breast. Can't stand to see all of that fat/phlegm falling into the pan.

For breakfast I usually do the simple

Shake (whatever I have. Fruit, veggies)
Oatmeal
Some type of "egg"

Back
Top Bottom