STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Screenshot_20210603-182140_Gallery.jpg

540lb deadlift PR...I can easily say that this was the hardest rep of my life. I was legit stuck right before locking out for a good 5 seconds... Holy ****.

I need a good muscle building/love-handle tightening routine to follow. My wedding is January 2022; it's time I start really focusing here.

Any suggestions? Would love a link(s) to read through & start on Monday.

I need a good muscle building/love-handle tightening routine to follow. My wedding is January 2022; it's time I start really focusing here.

start tightening up the diet first.

Now lost about 40 pounds. Soon the first number will be a 1 when I get on the scales. Never letting myself get out of shape again. Still want to lose about 25 more.

As has been stated, diet matters a lot. Some workouts you can do. Actual exercises start at about 2:24. Probably my favorite workout channel.

try intermittent fasting. there are lots of videos and testimonies/results that you can find on youtube. I'm almost on my 3rd month doing it following a gradual change in eating routine from 12-12 hrs to an average of 16-8 hrs to 19/20-4 hr eating break routine. I normally fast 7 times a week now and with the occasional cheat days once in a while.

be warned though, this is not an easy fix and could take a lot of motivation and willpower to achieve but the results are astonishing in terms of weight loss, muscle gain, stress relief and overall health well-being.

the first 3 days is crucial. if you are able to survive and not break the fasting routine in those 3 days, you are on your way. you will experience some cravings and headaches during those times that you normally eat. don't worry because that is not hunger but your body adjusting and your body would adjust to eat after some time.

as far as my fasting routine goes, here is mine. I start fasting from 8PM to 3/4 PM the next day. during that period I only drink water. any sugar beverage would be counter-productive. my eating window would be from 4PM to 730PM. eat what you want but dont over-indulge. I only do the scales every 2 months as not to affect my mindset. anyway, in 2 months, I lost 14 lbs.

I'm also doing some walks, sprints and weights to gain muscle. I do my exercises an hour before I eat my first meal of the day which is at 4PM.

Done intermittent fasting before. Easy way for me was to eat between 12pm to 6pm or something close to that.

It's not too hard to skip breakfast and hang in there till noon. You'll also be sleeping through a lot of it if you have regular sleeping hours.

Done intermittent fasting before. Easy way for me was to eat between 12pm to 6pm or something close to that.

It's not too hard to skip breakfast and hang in there till noon. You'll also be sleeping through a lot of it if you have regular sleeping hours.
that's how I started and it was nothing for me after a while considering I wasn't really changing my eating routine that much and didn't promote ketosis. my bane for me was around 1pm to 2pm where I would feel that urge. that's how I started adjusting and extending my fasting more. the 3pm-4pm eating routine became my meal time just right past my ketosis stage which was enough imo to burn some calories and fat inside my body. doing 5pm-6pm is even better from what I have noticed since that burned more of my excess fat and just made me do OMAD.

Does IF really work? I just count macros calories get the results but would IF speed it up even though i would be consuming the same macros

I mean why does it matter when you eat? Serious question. If you’re putting serious gym time, not phone day everyday, and eating correct how would fasting be better?

Again, no insult to anyone, genuinely curious

Last edited:
I mean why does it matter when you eat? Serious question. If you’re putting serious gun time, not phone day everyday, and eating correct how would fasting be better?

what im getting at as well. When i’m locked in i count my macros pretty well 40:40:20 has been really effective . Will IF make thinks even more effective?

I mean why does it matter when you eat? Serious question. If you’re putting serious gun time, not phone day everyday, and eating correct how would fasting be better?

from a layman's term, it breaks from the typical meal time routine that your body has been accustomed to for years. for example, if you have been eating 12 Noon during lunch, your body is expecting that it's going to get fed in that particular hour. not feeding your body in that particular hour would make your body adjust and look for alternatives to get that needed fuel that you normally fed it. hence, it goes breaking down your fat storage for energy. also, it is also the time convenient for you to do the fasting. for me, 8PM would be the most convenient time to start my fasting since I would be pretty much resting already and about to go to bed. since I would be at work the next day, drinking water for me would be enough to last me the entire day at work. this would break my mealtime routine of breakfast and lunch since I'd be busy at work. the time that I'd be eating is when I'm home already which pretty much late afternoon.

as far as your question on how fasting is better, imo it is easier to do. in all the years that I have done research and personally done diet and exercises, I have never seen a great number of people change their ways compared to IF. point is, do what is best and works for you. on most occasions, more people find it more beneficial and easier to do than lets say the conventional dieting and working out process that we typically do. you have to consider the other factors that can affect the dieting process, not everyone can do it. but in most instances that I have seen, IF works for most people that I have seen.

this is just from my perspective. if you really want to learn more, you can watch the experts and doctors on youtube that promote IF. you have to ask yourself why athletes like GSP and Phil Mickelson are doing it. you also have to look at what other benefits it can give, not only because you wanted weight loss.

Calories in vs calories out.
Maintain. Cut. Bulk.

Doesn’t matter how/when you get the macros in. Just do what works for your body/lifestyle.

IF works for me since I just power through and work/workout without the distraction of eating/breaks but I can see how people need that fuel throughout the day. Plus I prefer a large meal anyways.

Weekends is a bit different though since I’m spending time with family/friends.

from a layman's term, it breaks from the typical meal time routine that your body has been accustomed to for years. for example, if you have been eating 12 Noon during lunch, your body is expecting that it's going to get fed in that particular hour. not feeding your body in that particular hour would make your body adjust and look for alternatives to get that needed fuel that you normally fed it. hence, it goes breaking down your fat storage for energy. also, it is also the time convenient for you to do the fasting. for me, 8PM would be the most convenient time to start my fasting since I would be pretty much resting already and about to go to bed. since I would be at work the next day, drinking water for me would be enough to last me the entire day at work. this would break my mealtime routine of breakfast and lunch since I'd be busy at work. the time that I'd be eating is when I'm home already which pretty much late afternoon.

as far as your question on how fasting is better, imo it is easier to do. in all the years that I have done research and personally done diet and exercises, I have never seen a great number of people change their ways compared to IF. point is, do what is best and works for you. on most occasions, more people find it more beneficial and easier to do than lets say the conventional dieting and working out process that we typically do. you have to consider the other factors that can affect the dieting process, not everyone can do it. but in most instances that I have seen, IF works for most people that I have seen.

this is just from my perspective. if you really want to learn more, you can watch the experts and doctors on youtube that promote IF. you have to ask yourself why athletes like GSP and Phil Mickelson are doing it. you also have to look at what other benefits it can give, not only because you wanted weight loss.

I'm watching this right now. >>>

funny because it is pretty much my routine. although I'm not surprised since I work in the same industry.

I’m working on my form myself, but seeing the way people go at it with the triceps pull downs, make my elbows hurt

Anyone ever stop taking supplements and your sex drive dropped with it?

Supplements or steroids? Never heard of it from sups. Steroids can do it to you.

Getting your body fat to an extremely low level can also do it to you.

Back
Top Bottom