STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Any tips on how to lean bulk? I can only cut or dirty bulk . I dont wanna gain 15 lbs in 3 months again and feel like ****. How do you calculate your maintainance cals

I eat lean proteins and I carb up alot before working out, do alot of volume workouts and my cardio is only flag football & basketball. And I see my results.

Now if this is proven- I don't know. But this has been working for me.

Any tips on how to lean bulk? I can only cut or dirty bulk . I dont wanna gain 15 lbs in 3 months again and feel like ****. How do you calculate your maintainance cals
I'm in the process of that too. Pretty much what s-blaze s-blaze said. I try to eat a couple hundred cals above maintenance, a lot of protein (a little over 1.g per lbs of body weight) I think that was the old school approach, so no clue if that number is too high or low anymore but it works for me. Lastly I do low intensity cardio. Walks after meals/ post work day and softball once a week. As far as training, its all about volume for me.

as the others said, i would focus on keeping the carbs mainly for pre and post. maybe having a dirty cheat once every 2 weeks. If you're an afternoon exerciser maybe do breakfast carbs. something light before and go hard after (with in 30 mins) see how that treats you first. no real need to eat carbs 5-6 times a day if you're building off that. you can adjust from there if need be like adding some berries granola at some point in the day for an extra little boost

My legs have taken a beating from the gym/soccer these past few months. Stopped by a gas station on the way home, grabbed two bags of ice and made an ice bath in my tub. 10 very uncomfortable minutes later, I feel like a brand new man.
Highly recommended

we have younger summer kids in my gym now and they're getting there early like 7 a.m. all good tho. they practically stay in one spot doing in correct movements
You're luckier than me...

My suburban Lifetime (my go to since Gold's closed after Lockdown) is flooded with dumb 16 year old cliques of boys and girls just being stupid since summer started...

At a certain point, I get kids being kids and having no social life the last year really affects their attitude/mentality, but some of them are so obnoxious that it's hard to be sympathetic... They'll moan/grunt sexually on top sets, their form is 90-95% garbage (hunchback DLs, quarter squats, muscle up curls, etc.), and they take over the entire DB rack doing their stupid supersets at peak hours.

I try to lift late morning/middle of the day to avoid the 5 PM rush, but then I'm stuck with dumb soccer moms there for pilates/tennis and all the weird dudes who try to hit on them...

Today, I was sitting in my car with my girl today after lifting and see a couple pull into the spot in front of me and start looking at something behind me/my car. Turns out a young 20s housewife in her brand new Lexus SUV (still had paper plates on) had almost pulled into my parking spot, almost rear ending me (again, sitting still the entire time in a parking spot) in the process...

I wish I could say this kinda thing is an isolated incident, but people genuinely have no self awareness, especially at the bougie corporate gyms. I just try to stay in my lane, do my lifts, and get out.

Had to be an rx350. Ive noticed those are amongst the worst drivers. Even more so if the car is white. Idk why lol
It was one of these:
small-1.jpg

White vehicles (especially SUVs) are 100% driven by menaces... Had an old white lady in a white Benz SUV (GL450) almost hit me twice without signaling (and I signaled both times) and then flip me off when I passed a few weeks back in the same neighborhood. They are always on their phones too, which just makes it worse...

for jumping rope, it's crazy how tiring using two feet (bunny hops) becomes after learning the boxer step. Im done in like 30 seconds using both feet :lol:

Lulu Hawton skipping rope

y'all been going to the gym? :nerd::nerd::nerd:
Lol it's been a legit year since my gym opened back up. July 2020 i got my membership.

for jumping rope, it's crazy how tiring using two feet (bunny hops) becomes after learning the boxer step. Im done in like 30 seconds using both feet :lol:

Lulu Hawton skipping rope

yea she embarrasses me, i'll stick with my ropeless jump ropes :nerd: (til i get better)

You wont get better at jumping rope if youre not jumping rope. Its like tryna improve your squat or bench but not actually squatting or bench.
I still do both.
but you can def get better at it by doing it. like a ton of other sport specific exercises and training

Back
Top Bottom