STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

obviously, people vary in their preference(s) & response but given the known of exposure to stimulants over time it just kinda makes sense that if you want preworkout (at least the for the affect of stimulants, for those preworkouts that actually contain stimulants) to get the desired outcome of potency you would want to limit your exposure to those occasions where you really need/want that 🤷🏿‍♂️

I hear you, I hear you - I’m just a creature of habit, I suppose :lol: I think I’ll be out of the mix for a long weekend so I might use that to kick start my off cycle for 2 weeks or so like sneeker sneeker said.

😅😂 i basically been eating like this most of my adult life (i buy a few bags of assorted/different gummi candy to start the week and put them together in a big jar), altho i’m slightly paying for it this month with no lifting as i’m back at 215 from 205ish at the end of feb…hopefully 🤢😷 thing gets lifted officially for gyms

You’ll be aight. I had a similar ~10 lb spike over a 3 week period around Christmas/the start of the year due to inactivity and a suboptimal diet. I was able to get that down pretty quickly once I got back into regular weightlifting and cardio. I’ve never been able to properly ramp down for a rest period so I might need guidance from y’all when the time comes :lol:

broke my supposed 3 day 24 hour fast yesterday only because I did overtime work and did a 16 hour shift. so I did 2 out of 3 which wasn't bad and I was just needing those calories since I was practically drained yesterday and was still able to do a 12 hr fast then did 6 and 6. now I'm starting a 24 hr fast again today and do my first day of training for the weekend after being off 2 days. been doing a limit average of 400-450 macros a day along with my 24 hr fast. so far, my muscles have been toning and tightening quite good and losing some of those love handles. I would have to drink water though since I'm still drained from yesterday.

I hear you, I hear you - I’m just a creature of habit, I suppose :lol: I think I’ll be out of the mix for a long weekend so I might use that to kick start my off cycle for 2 weeks or so like sneeker sneeker said.

You’ll be aight. I had a similar ~10 lb spike over a 3 week period around Christmas/the start of the year due to inactivity and a suboptimal diet. I was able to get that down pretty quickly once I got back into regular weightlifting and cardio. I’ve never been able to properly ramp down for a rest period so I might need guidance from y’all when the time comes :lol:

for sure, besides the stimulants there are other qualities of preworkout that could be beneficial; but you could just also selectively supplement for those…i usually will make my own blend a preworkout of sorts with collagen peptides/proteins, beet root powder, arginine & citrulline, with vitamin c or with pineapple juice and if i want the energy boost i switch out the collagen for something high in caffeine.

even tho i probably should be more vigilant about tracking weight as i’d like to get under 200lbs eventually, i really only weigh in once at the end of the month & maybe occasionally after coming back from the gym. wasn’t surprised by the uptick but didn’t think i would be back in the 215 range as i feel bouncier & lighter from the time off from lifting 🤷🏿‍♂️

broke my supposed 3 day 24 hour fast yesterday only because I did overtime work and did a 16 hour shift. so I did 2 out of 3 which wasn't bad and I was just needing those calories since I was practically drained yesterday and was still able to do a 12 hr fast then did 6 and 6. now I'm starting a 24 hr fast again today and do my first day of training for the weekend after being off 2 days. been doing a limit average of 400-450 macros a day along with my 24 hr fast. so far, my muscles have been toning and tightening quite good and losing some of those love handles. I would have to drink water though since I'm still drained from yesterday.

why so many prolonged fasts? especially with overtime & shift work??

Screenshot_20220319-161517_Gallery.jpg

If you can dodge all the pot holes then check out exile gym in Baltimore.

Super dope gym. They added a full powerlifting room with S tier powerlifting equipment.
all them squats can't be good with your tobasco runs eh?...

It’s wild to me how how people decorate now knowing it will make a dope shot for ig and pump their gym. Smart.

why so many prolonged fasts? especially with overtime & shift work??
it's not really that long. I'm just conditioning my body in preparation for 72 hour fast once I'm ready. mainly, health reasons as why I'm doing it. although it seems that working out seems to speed up the process. as far as overtime goes, it was a spur of the moment. picked up an extra shift out of compulsion. otherwise, I would have be fine.

Screenshot_20220401-194027_Gallery.jpg

No belt, no sleeves, and in the Crocs .

375 1 x 6
325 2 x 6

Had to do a full body today since I'm on vacation tomorrow and can't squat. Forgot my gym equipment so I just did what I can for squats.

Surprisingly, Crocs ain't so bad for squatting.

Wouldn't have forgotten your equipment if you kept extra Oly shoes and a 55 pound gym bag in your car.
1649030247203.png

Works really well for me. My poop sessions has been sensational.

Thanks for the confirmation. I could step up my fiber game so I'm going to look into this. Wish there were smaller sizes/samples. Are you taking it daily?

Thanks for the confirmation. I could step up my fiber game so I'm going to look into this. Wish there were smaller sizes/samples. Are you taking it daily?

Yup. One serving after dinner.

Don't take it during work hours or you'll be running to the bathroom.

it's deadlift day today and the last day of my 5 evening shift, I'd most likey be spent by tomorrow. not sure if it's my sports doc's appointment tomorrow. so far, my injured leg is gradually getting it's strength back. still need some endurance though since I still couldn't tip toe as long as the other leg. also, going tomorrow to buy my pwo which I'm already out by tomorrow. been sprinting for the past 3 nights a few nights ago. some burn and fatigue are finally setting in after almost 2 months of workout. also, getting more accustomed to OMAD now. but the initial phase was really draining. had to call in sick yesterday due to fatigue.

You have a prescription?
1649054989270.png

:rofl:

still weighing the pro's and con's... I went to a clinic a few years back and the Dr mentioned that I am a candidate for TRT however on my survey sheet I mentioned that I wanted to have more kids so he advised that I waited. 2 kids later and I am ready... well... potentially.

still researching long term effects as well as other factors health wise that I should consider before accepting the treatment.

:rofl:

still weighing the pro's and con's... I went to a clinic a few years back and the Dr mentioned that I am a candidate for TRT however on my survey sheet I mentioned that I wanted to have more kids so he advised that I waited. 2 kids later and I am ready... well... potentially.

still researching long term effects as well as other factors health wise that I should consider before accepting the treatment.

was it a part of a routine check up when you received this information? seems like it would be a chore, never heard of the whole natty & hrt/trt thing until seeking out general fitness information; it’s interesting stuff…i don’t think i would ever consider it if required administration by💉

back in the gym after taking march off by county mandate and slightly tweaked my low back (the backflip was before 😅) messing around with sumo squats…kinda wish i would a whipped up my lil preworkout formulation this am but skipped it thinking i was only going to lift light

If I wake up early for an appointment or whatever it messes up my stomach but if I wake up at my regular time im good. It’s annoying.

was it a part of a routine check up when you received this information? seems like it would be a chore, never heard of the whole natty & hrt/trt thing until seeking out general fitness information; it’s interesting stuff…i don’t think i would ever consider it if required administration by💉

back in the gym after taking march off by county mandate and slightly tweaked my low back (the backflip was before 😅) messing around with sumo squats…kinda wish i would a whipped up my lil preworkout formulation this am but skipped it thinking i was only going to lift light

interrogate-interrogation.gif

But let NT dudes tell it and Pres are a marketing gimmick.

Not my spine, not by business though.
full

interrogate-interrogation.gif

But let NT dudes tell it and Pres are a marketing gimmick.

Not my spine, not by business though.
full

haven't seen anyone say they are not/can't be effective, use case & frequency are the things that need to be managed...in my case i just think i might have taken the session a bit more seriously had i gone through the trouble of doing so; which is less about having took a preworkout and moreso the approach/mindset i went in with..did a clean backtuck into the pool afterwards so spine is good just felt enough of a twinge to think better of doing any more lifting for the day, i should have just stuck to keeping it light from time off; i got gassed after i hit a new best with a fairly speedy 245 full depth front squat and lost the plot for the day

Back
Top Bottom