STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Y’all got me reminiscing while appreciating our endeavors in skill based sports. Team sports pretty much defined the first 2/3 of my life and baseball was probably the least practiced, but god damn do I miss pitching.

shoot after you lift, helps with the range ime

perhaps, but i would think most would have issues with their ‘touch’ when putting up shots after lifting…not that it would matter for most of us but generally most sports trainers want to emphasize skill before build, so that fatigue from lifting (especially if doing hypertrophy style lifting, if doing really low rep more explosive style lifting/training there can be a slight benefit) doesn’t impact the quality of reps for your actual sport

a good tip is that actually any activities movement(s) that calls for coordination/skill should probably be front-loaded in workouts such that one can be super fresh, after warming up of course

shoot after you lift, helps with the range ime
2001-karl-malone-flexing-musclejpg.jpg

Just stating facts fam. not even bragging. Thinking back, I'm all worn down now for a few years. Although getting some of my groove back recently.
Okay well that’s impressive lol

I had a good run in my heyday of once a day and I needed off days here or there

Okay well that’s impressive lol

I had a good run in my heyday of once a day and I needed off days here or there
odd thing is, I thought that was normal for every guy. I knew I had times where I did it 5 times. guess I just had the appetite for it. never had a limp moment (as far as my heyday went) and always saluting when I want to. the only minor inconvenience though is that hip and that muscle soreness and headaches I get.

family is even pleasantly surprised of finishing my degree despite my extra-curricular activities, they just knew I was bringing hobbies of where I stay while I was studying.

odd thing is, I thought that was normal for every guy. I knew I had times where I did it 5 times. guess I just had the appetite for it. never had a limp moment (as far as my heyday went) and always saluting when I want to. the only minor inconvenience though is that hip and that muscle soreness and headaches I get.

family is even pleasantly surprised of finishing my degree despite my extra-curricular activities, they just knew I was bringing hobbies of where I stay while I was studying.
Went from smashing yambz 3-5 times a day to posting in here and getting pointed to the washed thread on occasion

Life comes at you fast b

Speaking of washed I just came to the realization that my shoulder injury I’ve been nursing and thought was ok, is indeed a legitimate injury and I’m gonna have to rest it rest it over the next 3-4 days. Maybe even longer but I hope not.

Speaking of washed I just came to the realization that my shoulder injury I’ve been nursing and thought was ok, is indeed a legitimate injury and I’m gonna have to rest it rest it over the next 3-4 days. Maybe even longer but I hope not.
Is it a rotator cuff? That one is nasty. Even a simple strained pec can cause quite some pain. I guess we lose a lot of muscle elasticity. Have to book a doctors appointment to see my abs if I have hernia or torn muscle or nerve injury from an old surgery.

Last edited:
Honestly man I don’t exactly know. I just know when my body needs help / rest, and right now is that time. And it’s killin me already.

The lazy part in me is like “hell yeah” but I’m overwhelmed with guilt and failure.

Gonna hit it hard when I get back (as I’m able)

Honestly man I don’t exactly know. I just know when my body needs help / rest, and right now is that time. And it’s killin me already.

The lazy part in me is like “hell yeah” but I’m overwhelmed with guilt and failure.

Gonna hit it hard when I get back (as I’m able)
I’ve been sick for the last week and I feel so lazy. Haven’t been able to do anything ball related and it’s making me itch to get back in the gym.

Back
Top Bottom