STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I got injured in the first place cause this big dude tried to reach for a take down and instead collided on the lateral back of my knee. Im just lucky theres no serious ligamentous damage. I thought my ACL was done when it happen.

My membership is on pause until next month. Working on upper body strength and daily biking in the mean time.

Back to doing 15 reps of 225 bench consistently. :pimp:

A tale as old as time.

Someone trying to hit some sloppy *** takedown is probably the greatest injury risk in any gym :smh:

Thanks for sharing and good work bro! I did a quick Google and the two InBody scanners I saw didn’t quite look like that but were $6800 and $11500 . They did have some scales for around $350 which are probably more practical and I need a new one anyway so I’ll have to look into reviews.
You can use them free plenty of places. Heres mine. I can probably get this 40 off by end of year hopefully.

I been discouraged by my progress at times just giving the number on the scale too much power but high key I gotta buy new belts and pants soon these ****s have like 4 to 6 inches extra room. I got a 80% wfh job In am about to start too so i can get workouts in during the day gonna be fire

IMG_2349.jpeg

pulled a 540 deadlift 😮‍💨🤣 definitely was not expecting it on the 7th day of gymming consecutively…i was sore, joints acting funny, but dragged myself to a late night/early morning gym session thinking let me just finish this thing out

Last edited:

a kid born in 2006 squatted more weight than I have ever touched.

kids these days are a different breed. time for the older folks to move out.

they really are a different breed. my 2 nephews' bodies who are into weightlifting are way different when we were in their age. we were leaner back then and these younglings are just hulking kids. I never hulked til I reached a much older age. I would say health science got to do more of it that what we did back in the day.

Left the gym in high spirits today. Hit 225 for a 7 piece. My barbell bench has always been lacking, set a goal to get 225 in my work range (6-8 reps).
IMG_1723.jpeg

what kind of rack is that, looks super adjustable/customizable?

a kid born in 2006 squatted more weight than I have ever touched.

kids these days are a different breed. time for the older folks to move out.

i don’t think the kids are all that different, tho given the food these days who knows 😬, but they definitely have greater access to quality information on training such that there’s a bit less guesswork to it, it’s happening across almost all things, sport especially. it used to be when you saw a highlight and want to practice that move you’d have to remember it, maybe you could record it but now everything is so available, definitely a lot of misinformation too but in general i think it’s like an information thing

serious question: are the bros doing glute specific training? doing barbell hip thrust are super awkward to setup but i messed around on the back hyperextension/ghd bench last week and accidentally was feeling my left glute going crazy because i couldn’t really use my right hamstring because it was sore…made me realize i was lacking much attention to them 😂

Last edited:
serious question: are the bros doing glute specific training?
AYOOO PAUSE! 😂.. for real though, the only targeted glute training I do is hip thrust on the smith every once in a while. Everything else is indirect.

I will say though, I rarely see them in gyms near me but that donkey kick machine is a BEAST!

I am. I remember a woman in a bar asked me if she could squeeze my cheeks, I told her to go on ahead treat herself. Women love a man with cheeks. Don’t sleep.

😂 man not really trying to be double cheeked up on thursday afternoon outchea (word to teddy ray, r.i.p.) but how do you target them/what exercises do you use?

Last edited:
I am. I remember a woman in a bar asked me if she could squeeze my cheeks, I told her to go on ahead treat herself. Women love a man with cheeks. Don’t sleep.
:rofl:

I came here looking for inspiration/motivation to start working out again and all I see are PR reps of more weight than I can ever imagine lol.

Looking to start with a simple 3x a week workout.

I have bench, squat rack, adjustable dumbbells, resistance bands, and TRX suspension. A lot of information out there and its hard to choose a program/workout.
Biggest factor will be keeping consistent to start.

Last edited:

I came here looking for inspirating/motivation to start working out again and all I see are PR reps of more weight than I can ever imagine lol.

I have bench, squat rack, adjustable dumbbells, resistance bands, and TRX suspension. A lot of information out there and its hard to choose a program/workout.

what’s your goal? you don’t NEED to follow a program to get started tho, in some ways it might actually be better easing into the habit with an exercise you enjoy & not having to hold yourself to particular reps & sets to begin with.

i get that the way we live now in the states at least, with cheap calories in abundance, sedentary jobs & lifestyles, habits that impacts our sleep quality/ability to recover/repair kinda requires, if trying to be fit anyways, consistent exercise but ‘exercising’ & ‘working out’ is such an unnatural concept such that it is difficult to be consistent with it, there isn’t a natural adaptation behaviorally for exercise, which is why most eventually fall off…i think the way i see a lot of people stay consistent is they don’t even see exercise as ‘exercise’ rather it’s more like a practice for them, something they come to take pride in

to the extent any of our ancestors were fit it was because their lifestyles required it, there wasn’t much optionality 😂, so my thinking is (not that anyone is asking 🤣) making ‘exercise’ a type non-negotiable requirement is probably the way to go (a discipline most of us obviously don’t have, so reverse engineering it to having a lifestyle that requires one to be in good shape helps), a step below that is making activity enjoyable, below that is goal setting.

choosing/finding a good program to help you along & probably will give a clear/easier focus but don’t let it be a reason to hold you up from starting

I came here looking for inspirating/motivation to start working out again and all I see are PR reps of more weight than I can ever imagine lol.

5x5 strong lifts is a good start. Quality and consistency are the keys

Back
Top Bottom