STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You know what they say. Real G’s move in silence like lasagna
attachment-Lil-Wayne-Weights.jpg

My left leg/knee is still noticeably more swollen than the other. Im just tryna make it back on the mat. This is rehab leg day not for vanity purposes.

My bad, man. I didn’t know. What happened to your knee? Did you hurt it in a workout? Either way, I hope you have a successful rehab. Don’t want you looking like the dude I posted come winter time

My left leg/knee is still noticeably more swollen than the other. Im just tryna make it back on the mat. This is rehab leg day not for vanity purposes.

I don’t do **** in the gym for “vanity purposes” and have been blessed to not need “rehab leg days” either.
babylawd.png

(I’m doing legs rnz :nerd: )

Im generally a more reps>more weight lifter the older I get. I do choose one workout to max on during lifting days. But most of what I did today ranged from 15 to 50 reps for 5 sets because OCD.

I’m debating on switching up my workout in a week or two and this could be the move. I started off doing high reps and have decreased reps with heavier weight but I am just about tapped out for my weights at home and my current exercises.

how long have you had a noticeably swollen knee? you might be better resting that knee and doing maintenance on the other…there is research that says there are contralateral benefits to working with the uninjured side such that it actually does have benefit to the injured side

I’m debating on switching up my workout in a week or two and this could be the move. I started off doing high reps and have decreased reps with heavier weight but I am just about tapped out for my weights at home and my current exercises.

you could also try pause reps, moving the weight faster, varying tempo, doing different variations of lifts

how long have you had a noticeably swollen knee? you might be better resting that knee and doing maintenance on the other…there is research that says there are contralateral benefits to working with the uninjured side such that it actually does have benefit to the injured side

Its a long story. Jiu jitsu injury over a month ago, couldnt walk for a few days, knee swelled up, thought I got better then my calf started burning because of a ruptured baker's cyst. I finally feel somewhat back to normal but the swelling in my calf is still there.

ive been working out both sides. And I still stationary bike daily which helps feel my mobility and blood flowing properly.

If my heart rate aint up and Im not cramping up it doesnt count. You would be surprised how strong lifting like this makes you. Feel that lactic acid burning through your muscles b.

Its a long story. Jiu jitsu injury over a month ago, couldnt walk for a few days, knee swelled up, thought I got better then my calf started burning because of a ruptured baker's cyst. I finally feel somewhat back to normal but the swelling in my calf is still there.

ive been working out both sides. And I still stationary bike daily which helps feel my mobility and blood flowing properly.

50 rep sets are kinda wild…but i guess it depends on the goal, tho most would probably find it much more efficient & effective to just use a weight that would result in less reps naturally because if someone is able to do 50 consecutive reps, those early reps are probably not too doing much

since your goal is to get back to the fighting on the mat, you might be better easing back by doing less weight training or biking (which could be doing more harm than good with the repetitive motions/movements that aren’t allowing the swelling to subside) and more mobility stuff, if you aren’t already, with easy mobility stuff with passive stretching and light bodyweight stuff (isometric holds or very slow lunges in your pain free range of motion) for the calf/knee in question

If my heart rate aint up and Im not cramping up it doesnt count. You would be surprised how strong lifting like this makes you. Feel that lactic acid burning through your muscles b.

Nah, I'm cool on that B. A 50 rep set is using, what, maybe 20% 1RM?

If that method works for you, that's cool, but it's super-nonspecific for powerlifting and prolly not ideal for hypertrophy either.
hubie.png

50 rep sets are kinda wild…but i guess it depends on the goal, tho most would probably find it much more efficient & effective to just use a weight that would result in less reps naturally because if someone is able to do 50 consecutive reps, those early reps are probably not too doing much

since your goal is to get back to the fighting on the mat, you might be better easing back by doing less weight training or biking (which could be doing more harm than good with the repetitive motions/movements that aren’t allowing the swelling to subside) and more mobility stuff, if you aren’t already, with easy mobility stuff with passive stretching and light bodyweight stuff (isometric holds or very slow lunges in your pain free range of motion) for the calf/knee in question

I do the 50 rep exercises on stuff like lats, back, biceps and triceps on a machine. Its all about the burn on that last 20 reps. Its basically a strength training endurance combo. I sequentially raise the weight on exercises if Im not suffering enough.

Nah, I'm cool on that B. A 50 rep set is using, what, maybe 20% 1RM?

If that method works for you, that's cool, but it's super-nonspecific for powerlifting and prolly not ideal for hypertrophy either.
hubie.png

Yea it depends on ur overall goal Im more catabolic then anabolic with everything I do fitness wise but I want to strike a balance.

Repping 225 on the bench 15 times for a full 5 set workout>>>>doing 350 for a few reps.

I do the 50 rep exercises on stuff like lats, back, biceps and triceps on a machine. Its all about the burn on that last 20 reps. Its basically a strength training endurance combo. I sequentially raise the weight on exercises if Im not suffering enough.

🤷🏿‍♂️ i mean…that seems kinda masochistic, but if that’s what you’re into 🤣🤣🤣…it’s absolutely possible to get to that burn with fewer reps tho, in fact it would probably be more stimulus towards that aim of endurance & strength, you just be getting there way faster if you upped the weight such that you could only do something in the range of 10-15 clean controlled reps, maybe 20 reps…just know that the suffering is not a necessary 😂

Back
Top Bottom