STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Eh. I just didn’t see any point because I was training for self defense mainly, so I realized I’d never walk around in a gi = why should I learn any of the gi chokes / submissions?

I do respect the “pure” BJJ, with gi. It’s just not for me.

You can do some collar stuff on people wearing street clothes. :lol: Arm bars, leg locks and wrist locks go either way. Some gi stuff can be used in real fights but it's less refined I guess.

2 days of training done. Some old man strength dude was shamelessly attacking my injured thumb this morning.:smh:

I agree with old buddy. You walked up on him when you could have let it go or notified the folks that work there and been on about your day.

Not sure why you’d go over there if you weren’t tryna pick a fight or up the pole (⏸️).

Going over there on some passive-aggressive ish ain’t the move. If dude wasn’t (possibly) recording you with your 🍆 out in the locker room, then who cares?

The amount of folks trippin over cameras rolling in public spaces is wild af to me, and I'm a hermit that hates taking pictures.

If it wasn't that big of a deal, alert the gym staff and keep it moving. No need to approach someone and possibly lose your life over it.

Ten years of MT or fasted BJJ three-a-days is cool until someone has a crew with them or pulls out the strap and is really about that life. Old head mighta had friends nearby or the heater in his gym bag. Now folks are crying for you on the news and wearing your face on a t-shirt., and for what?

I say all this as a known “gym bully” and someone who’s gotten into many situations where I was ready to throw hands or pull out the Nina on dudes in multiple gyms in multiple states.

90% of the time it was me instigating **** instead of letting something slide, but if I say something to you, know I’m prepared to catch a beating, agg assault, and/or murder 1 off of it. A lotta folks are either mentall ill or don't feel like they have a lot going for them to risk losing it all (👋 ).

If you walk up on me and ain’t on some obviously friendly ish, I’m assuming you’re tryna do me dirty and will act accordingly to put you down.

If you’re not ready to do the same then go on about your life. Some of us ain’t really tripping off life and/or freedom like that.
hubie.png

/rant
I understand your point and how it could be taken passive aggressively. It is to an extent.

Again, I’m being truthful here, I really just wanted confirmation I was being paranoid and could go about my day. Even if he had been like “I was - you’re garbage and we were laughing at you” I prolly woulda laughed, said fasho and walked about my day. Then I would’ve known.

My confusion was in his inconsistency. He said he wasn’t recording me or showing me on FaceTime, but he’s getting defensive and trying to fight me as if he was. If he was really “bout that life” I was expecting him to be a bully about it and say some **** and be matter of fact about what he was doing. He didn’t. Then his adrenaline kicked in and he wanted to fight???

Just dumb.

I’m never looking for a fight anywhere - I came up friendly. It seemed duke was overcompensating for something, all he had to do was tell me he was on FaceTime and I woulda been on my way. It didn’t go sideways til he got all emotional about another dude actually coming up to him and asking a simple question.

I understand your point and how it could be taken passive aggressively. It is to an extent.

Again, I’m being truthful here, I really just wanted confirmation I was being paranoid and could go about my day. Even if he had been like “I was - you’re garbage and we were laughing at you” I prolly woulda laughed, said fasho and walked about my day. Then I would’ve known.

My confusion was in his inconsistency. He said he wasn’t recording me or showing me on FaceTime, but he’s getting defensive and trying to fight me as if he was. If he was really “bout that life” I was expecting him to be a bully about it and say some **** and be matter of fact about what he was doing. He didn’t. Then his adrenaline kicked in and he wanted to fight???

Just dumb.

I’m never looking for a fight anywhere - I came up friendly. It seemed duke was overcompensating for something, all he had to do was tell me he was on FaceTime and I woulda been on my way. It didn’t go sideways til he got all emotional about another dude actually coming up to him and asking a simple question.

I get it man.

I almost fought a dude in a FOB gym cause he was deadlifting *** weight in the middle of the spot and wouldn’t move after I asked. :rofl:

My mans was doing the 1K club challenge and was about to hop on a rotator home, so I picked up his barbell and walked it out the way. He got embarrassed and then wanted to start mouthing off.

All the testosterone in the gym means it’s easy for folks to forget themselves. Fortunately, savages like me are here to remind them.
shaq.png

Just dumb.

i wouldn’t overthink it. old head was insecure and tried to feel better knowing his son is a boxer.

i almost been in a fight too once over a deadlift platform when I was younger. posted that encounter here.

the week later the same guy comes up to me and apologizes and said he was in a bad mood. he wasnt no scrub either. he was stronger than me but thankfully i was taller than him 8)

i apologized too and we squashed it. it’s stupid to fight in a gym but the problem with old heads is that a lot of them hate seeing younger men thrive cause they know their time is up now.

I mean when you cold approached ol boy for recording you, you should have been ready for the smoke either way

you thought he was just gonna roll over and say sorry or what?

just my 2 cents.

dudes who curl/shrug in front of the dumbell rack are autistic, change my mind.

squeezed right in front of dude this morning and he was looking at me crazy :lol:

I mean when you cold approached ol boy for recording you, you should have been ready for the smoke either way

you thought he was just gonna roll over and say sorry or what?

just my 2 cents.
I honestly thought it was a 20-30% chance he even had me on camera tbh. I don’t think the world revolves around me nor do I think I’m terrible enough on a bag (even when fooling around while nursing an injury) for someone to record me and say “get a load of this guy”. so I went up to him I genuinely told him I’m sure I’m misunderstanding but wanted to ask

I put myself in his situation and I see myself laughing a little and admitting I could see how that could be taken that way (me pointing my phone like that) and saying I don’t do that type of thing and all is good. Which is kinda what I expected here. In the past 2.5-3 years in the gym I haven’t had any negative experiences like this

Last edited:
I honestly thought it was a 20-30% chance he even had me on camera tbh. I don’t think the world revolves around me nor do I think I’m terrible enough on a bag (even when fooling around while nursing an injury) for someone to record me and say “get a load of this guy”. so I went up to him I genuinely told him I’m sure I’m misunderstanding but wanted to ask

I put myself in his situation and I see myself laughing a little and admitting I could see how that could be taken that way (me pointing my phone like that) and saying I don’t do that type of thing and all is good. Which is kinda what I expected here. In the past 2.5-3 years in the gym I haven’t had any negative experiences like this

next time he makes a snark remark, tell him

"you dont wanna see my bad side, do yah?"

damn you stepped to him on a 20-30% chance.....wildin bruv

Pretty pointless approach and interaction IMO, you were probably best just walking away.

You basically approached him and ended up getting roasted.

I'd feel some type of way too

damn you stepped to him on a 20-30% chance.....wildin bruv

Pretty pointless approach and interaction IMO, you were probably best just walking away.

You basically approached him and ended up getting roasted.

I'd feel some type of way too
Yeah you right I got roasted :lol:

Trust me my guy I’m comfortable enough to know when I got roasted, and that isn’t the case.

You see any time a man talks to another man as “stepping to him”? On any context? What a wild way to live, in complete fear.

Tbh I hope he feels the same way you do. I could give a damb if some old washed ego lifter feels like he got the better of me. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah you right I got roasted :lol:

Trust me my guy I’m comfortable enough to know when I got roasted, and that isn’t the case.
I mean here you are on NT, venting about it.

to each their own, I'm glad you shared the cool story with us and cooler heads prevailed.

Anyway.

Anyone here messing with CLEAR WHEY? stuff tastes like JUICE!

Just picked some up man, never going back to chocolate/vanilla/milk based powder anymore

Way more refreshing to drink a fruit flavored shake.

:smh: almost got into a fight with some old head at the gym today

was doing some push kick drills on the punching bag minding my own business and I looked over and seen this dukes camera pointed at me while he was between sets. I made eye contact and he moved it away and looked away. I finished up and walked away but turned back cause I knew it was gonna bother me. Thought I was being paranoid but something in me said "just go ask its probably nothing".. I asked (respectfully) “hey man don’t mean to bother you and I’m sure I’m misunderstanding but you weren’t recording me right?”

He tells me he was on FT with his son and shows me his phone. He was. I was like “cool awesome man I figured I was trippin” and I was ready to leave, super relieved.

Then duke tells me his son “is a boxer” and could train me and how he’ll give me his instagram, in a very “he’s the real deal way better than you” type of way. I was like ??? I’m good lol
Then dude asks “what if I was recording you?" I was like idk.. you said you weren’t so we’re good?
Tells me he can record anyone he wants in here. I was like yeah except if I was in here recording cheeks in leggings I’d get kicked out. (Idc about the politics of recording tbh that isn’t the issue here)

Duke starts like jumping a tiny bit like he wants to fight and is starting to stare me down and asking me if I’m good

I was like “yeah bro you said you weren’t recording me so I’m all good have a good day” and start to walk away

He goes “mind your own business next time”
I go “I was” as I’m walking away
Then he says “boutta get yourself knocked out”
I just laughed and left.

Absolutely wild encounter. Cannot believe it went that route, all I wanted was some confirmation that I was being paranoid and I woulda dapped him up and been on my way.
must be a noob.

one problem is juice. I know juicing up can really bring out all that aggressiveness and pretty much throw all sense of zen away. as much as possible, I refrain from using certain PWO's as well just to keep my mental state in check. there are some that do trigger you and bring that unneeded animal instinct out which can be quite scary.

everyone calculate your DOTS score so i know whos my competition in here.

add your total from your best squat, bench, and deadlift and don’t be lying on yalls body weight either to get a higher DOTS score lol.

mine is 465 DOTS

edit*

just for context, if you want to compete at the national level in powerlifting, you need around a 500 DOTS score to qualify for 2025 nationals and forward

Last edited:
one problem is juice. I know juicing up can really bring out all that aggressiveness and pretty much throw all sense of zen away. as much as possible, I refrain from using certain PWO's as well just to keep my mental state in check. there are some that do trigger you and bring that unneeded animal instinct out which can be quite scary.
Boondocks Cindy GIF - Boondocks Cindy Pussy GIFs

everyone calculate your DOTS score so i know whos my competition in here.

add your total from your best squat, bench, and deadlift and don’t be lying on yalls body weight either to get a higher DOTS score lol.

mine is 465 DOTS

IPF GL

Wilks2

DOTS

IPF

Old Wilks

Not Azn, don't lift in Kobes, and sometimes forget my multi so I don't want any pro'lems.
hubie.png

I mean here you are on NT, venting about it.

to each their own, I'm glad you shared the cool story with us and cooler heads prevailed.

Anyway.

Just picked some up man, never going back to chocolate/vanilla/milk based powder anymore

No, but I heard it was that sh*t.

I did have unflavored whey a few years back and added it to things like juice, Gatorade, and shakes & smoothies.

Anyway.

love the stuff, every since i found it’s the only type protein powder i mess with…it seems to be more expensive for the amount you get comparatively tho

Back
Top Bottom