STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Attachments

• nurse-guiding-senior-patient-arm-exercise-rehab-center-smiling-female-fitness-72000433.jpg
    nurse-guiding-senior-patient-arm-exercise-rehab-center-smiling-female-fitness-72000433.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 947
and in our own employee gym, it's full of these. not complaining since we have some hot co-workers with us as well.

Attachments

• hospital-wellness.jpg
    hospital-wellness.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 962
squat bench deadlift session, worked up to 285, 3rd time was the charm to actually get that rep up tho…pr front squat w/345 altho got careless & just about dropped the weight, then pulled 585 for 2 for the 1st time 😤😮‍💨 think i strained something on my left shoulder in the process tho…also the 1st time where i used the belt for all squats & deadlifting, think i finally figured out a good placement by wearing it higher up rather than around the low back

Last edited:
Doing another 6 straight days of training. Was able to get a good lift in sunday. Biking before night class. Just give me my damn blue belt. :smh:

I've only been training for a year. I'm def ahead of schedule with 4 stripes (I got 2 in 1 day) but I wanna just sit in blue belt for 3 to 4 years.

squat bench deadlift session, worked up to 285, 3rd time was the charm to actually get that rep up tho…pr front squat w/345 altho got careless & just about dropped the weight, then pulled 585 for 2 for the 1st time 😤😮‍💨 think i strained something on my left shoulder in the process tho…also the 1st time where i used the belt for all squats & deadlifting, think i finally figured out a good placement by wearing it higher up rather than around the low back

I see you tryna start the season on injured reserve.
gdQ2jAf.png

Bro re-racking heavy weight backwards is wild. Completely unnecessary risk.

The way you re-rack a front squat, with that particular grip, is actually insane.

that’s an interesting point, i’ve never considered that to be a risk…as long as the rack height is at the appropriate level i hadn’t had as issue whether back or front squatting re-racking backwards, i like to walk out forward with front squats in case i fail so i can drop the weight in front of me without worrying about the weight ricocheting off the rack back towards me…even when i fix my front rack position i think it still makes sense to me do re rack such that i will be able to drop the weight away from the rack

that’s an interesting point, i’ve never considered that to be a risk…as long as the rack height is at the appropriate level i hadn’t had as issue whether back or front squatting re-racking backwards, i like to walk out forward with front squats in case i fail so i can drop the weight in front of me without worrying about the weight ricocheting off the rack back towards me…even when i fix my front rack position i think it still makes sense to me do re rack such that i will be able to drop the weight away from the rack
Bro re-racking heavy weight backwards is wild. Completely unnecessary risk.

The way you re-rack a front squat, with that particular grip, is actually insane.

You had the safeties on but no spotter and had to roll the loaded bar over face multiple times. Either get a spotter or take the safeties off so you can do the roll/tilt of shame.

Really no reason to be attempting heavy singles you've already failed once again in a session, especially when you don't compete in, you know, powerlifting.

Ole buddy failed a single at 225 the other day, then came back at the end of his workout with some wrist wraps like he was finna hit that
emojipng-com-5557872-1.png
. He didn't, and his second attempt was even worse than the first. I wasn't finna help his *** either so it's good his homeboy was there to spot him.

As ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF said, you shouldn't always be going forward into the J-cups to rack a squat, never stepping backwards into them.

Your deadlift setup seems too horizontal too but that may be more of a stylistic/anthropomorphic thing.
hubie.png

Bet. Keep cooking big bro.
6iyz-Jsi-d

No lie there been a time or two I show up to find out my AirPods are dead and I was already having a bad day

I went right home

This was before I had the wired backups in my bag

I had 3 or 4 pair all be dead at the same time once.
Naruto-Damn.png

I got home in less than 5 minutes, charged them joints, and came back later with more #POWDA in me.
Naruto-Grin

You had the safeties on but no spotter and had to roll the loaded bar over face multiple times. Either get a spotter or take the safeties off so you can do the roll/tilt of shame.

why wouldn’t i use the safeties? why should i want to do the ‘tilt/roll of shame’ if i don’t have to?

Really no reason to be attempting heavy singles you've already failed once again in a session, especially when you don't compete in, you know, powerlifting.

why? it didn’t feel like was gassing out on them i just thought the failed attempts i didn’t properly setup; the same was probably true of the attempt i did successfully hit, i just figure i need to get comfortable with that weight if i’m eventually going to progress beyond it

As ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF said, you shouldn't always be going forward into the J-cups to rack a squat, never stepping backwards into them.

yea, i never gave this any thought, i guess it an unnecessary complication; it just depends on how confident i am that i will complete the lift whether i walk out w/the weight forwards or backwards

Your deadlift setup seems too horizontal too but that may be more of a stylistic/anthropomorphic thing.
hubie.png

🤷🏿‍♂️ do you mean i’m too upright? could be my arms are freakishly long & that my stance is fairly narrow? i’m learning as go

Been working in 90 minute bike sessions Monday and Wednesday before my evening bjj class. In much better overall shape. My lifting has taken a hit since I started going 6 to 7 days a week.

Back
Top Bottom