STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Wait, who doesn't consider gymnastics a sport?

I'd argue that in BB any element of skill is a means to an end, and not the actual end itself.

Unlike fore example weightlifting or power lifting.

i’ve made this argument before…taking nothing away from the abilities, dedication, & skill it takes to do things like body building, gymnastics, powerlifting, golf, figure skating, where judges determine the outcome and/or performances exist in isolation, etc., i think it’s hard to call anything a sport that does not include in the moment, direct & immediate competition; just because a ting is made into a competition i don’t think that makes it sport, despite however & whatever athletic prowess it may take to participate

B8o5V18CYAAH_hQ.jpg

i’ve made this argument before…taking nothing away from the abilities, dedication, & skill it takes to do things like body building, gymnastics, powerlifting, golf, figure skating, where judges determine the outcome and/or performances exist in isolation, etc., i think it’s hard to call anything a sport that does not include in the moment, direct & immediate competition; just because a ting is made into a competition i don’t think that makes it sport, despite however & whatever athletic prowess it may take to participate
This makes no sense. Your own definition doesn't mean ****, some of these go back to the origin of sports/Olympics.

This makes no sense. Your own definition doesn't mean ****, some of these go back to the origin of sports/Olympics.

makes perfect sense, to ME 😂…i’m aware most don’t agree, it just seems pretty obvious that if a ‘sport’ does not require direct & in the moment interaction such that one actually needs to react in the moment to their competitor(s) then everything wherein it involves competition technically is ‘sport’ that just philosophically seems too broad 🤷🏿‍♂️

i’ve always thought it’s kinda ridiculous that judges can determine the outcome in things like boxing/martial arts, but i think the technology is almost to a point where fighters could be wearing force/pressure sensitive tights that would register only the opponents strikes and visible display them almost like hit points/life bar in a video game; getting rid of judges altogether and removing subjectivity

Wait, who doesn't consider gymnastics a sport?

I'd argue that in BB any element of skill is a means to an end, and not the actual end itself.

Unlike fore example weightlifting or power lifting.

its been an argument/debate online for some time now. main argument is because its subjective scoring. like a beauty pageant.

same thing with bodybuilding

its been an argument/debate online for some time now. main argument is because its subjective scoring. like a beauty pageant.

same thing with bodybuilding

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Boxing is dependent on subjective scoring.

Let's keep it one hundred thousand, 99% of the time arguing that if BB isn't a sport than gymnastics also isn't a sport, is pure unadulterated copium by the BB camp.

Not there aren't special contrarian dudes out there too, but for the most part, that's exactly what it is.

Cope.

Last edited:
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Boxing is dependent on subjective scoring.

Let's keep it one hundred thousand, 99% of the time arguing that if BB isn't a sport than gymnastics also isn't a sport, is pure unadulterated copium by the BB camp.

Not there aren't special contrarian dudes out there too, but for the most part, that's exactly what it is.

Cope.

😂 it’s not bodybuilders making this claim bruh. i’m talking about redditors and just dudes online who prob don’t even train in any sort of activity

avoid cardio on thursday because it’ll affect your performance greatly when you hit legs on friday (assuming you’re using your legs for cardio)

other than that cardio should be fine in the other days

It depends on your goals.
Since you mentioned cardio I’m assuming you’re going for overall health or maybe weight/fat loss.
I ageee with the advice to avoid cardio before leg day.
I’m trying to knock some pounds off
I think I’ll one day get to the point where I’m just working out 3 days out of the week like I explained above minus the cardio days since I end my weight lifting with that anyway

I’m trying to knock some pounds off
I think I’ll one day get to the point where I’m just working out 3 days out of the week like I explained above minus the cardio days since I end my weight lifting with that anyway

what type of cardio are you doing? if you are trying to minus the weight as priority, i’d keep the cardio to a minimum (low intensity stuff like walking) at least until you get close to your goal & just focus on eating relatively clean & recovery from lifting

I usually ruck for cardio on my non lifting days. I have a 20lb vest, but I just ordered 2 cast iron plates that total to 40, gonna try that once my vest comes in. Pool is open too for the summer so that's something I get in as well when it's a "rest" day but I still want to do something. Down to 17-19% bodyfat depending on which bf scanner is more accurate, can see some ab outlines a bit in the morning. Might get the full 6 pack before the summer is gone at this rate. #from330

what type of cardio are you doing? if you are trying to minus the weight as priority, i’d keep the cardio to a minimum (low intensity stuff like walking) at least until you get close to your goal & just focus on eating relatively clean & recovery from lifting
Stair master is the only cardio gym wise is the only one I feel as if something was done do about 10 to 15 minutes after weight training and 30 on non lifting days

I weight train for about a hour and a half at most
Might just make the 3 workout days a regular routine and focus on calorie intake
I work in logistics and hell that’s a workout in itself

Last edited:
2 days until comp sitting at 223 today. Just been maintaining weight by training, biking and keeping calories low with ensure and slim fast. They have a 1lb allowance for weigh in day so I should be fine but I don't want to take any chances.

I've been going at bigger white belts and dominating them. 230 lb dude today. As long as these dudes ain't on steroids I should be fine :lol: :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom