STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

meh, a gyms a gym. if your on a budget and its near you then i fail to see a problem.

meh, a gyms a gym. if your on a budget and its near you then i fail to see a problem.

The thing I hated about it though is that they only have dumbells up to 65 lbs and no free barbells, everything is on a smith machine. Like Club said, if all you wanna do is cardio and workouts on the nautilus machine, Planet fitness is the way to go. If you wanna get serious though, there are better places to be.

its not really a "weightlifters" gym.

they prey on very casual gym-goers and entice them with a $10/mo pricetag knowing many of them just sign up and will only make the occasional sporadic appearance.

not to mention they literally set off a "Lunk" Alarm (a Lunk is basically their slang/insult for an avid weight lifter) if you drop the weight on the ground.

They also have monthly Pizza and Bagel days (at a GYM no less) along with Tootsie rolls at the counter. They just cater to the weekend warrior more or less.

I heard a guy at my gym say he used to go to planet fitness, but they wouldn't let him deadlift 225 or more because it would be too loud

:stoneface:

I don't want to lift on this planet anymore.

damn so i cant throw around some free weights n junk? i dont really wanna do solely "machine" stuff.

nothing wrong wit bagels, more calories in those and thats good for u when u working out right?

Last edited:
somebody told me to drink a Naked juice before i leave work to go to the gym, so i wont be so hungry.

good idea?

The thing I hated about it though is that they only have dumbells up to 65 lbs and no free barbells, everything is on a smith machine. Like Club said, if all you wanna do is cardio and workouts on the nautilus machine, Planet fitness is the way to go. If you wanna get serious though, there are better places to be.

Yup. The one by me has up to 60lbs dumbbells. I shoulder press 70s now big no-no for me. I also hate doing squats on a smith machine and the one in planet fitness had only one and it was at an angle.

Couldnt of said it better

I have toned and lost weight but can't seem to get rid of my lower stomach fat. Any recommendations on what I can do to burn fat in that area?

Leg day, tired as **** :lol:

I hate walking like Ed Norton in AHX after though, going to school tonight will be terrible walking up and down those stairs :smh: :smh: :x

:smokin

If you have a college I.D. I recommend you hop on this deal before it expires in 3 days. It just worked for me.

Sign in to Facebook and go to the "GNC Live Well" page. Like the page and look for the offer and click on the button to have them send you an email. Once you get the email head to the store for a free GNC Gold card and shaker cup.

calories in, calories out.
100% whole wheat bagels are fine.. i wouldnt mess with white
but dunny you JUST said calories in calories out 
laugh.gif

if its calories in/calories out as you say, it wouldnt matter too much regarding whether its white or wheat

i mean health wise wheat>>>white

eat what ever the hell you want pretty much bulking wise if you please. people do things different.

i just was saying wheat>white

and i used to be the person who wouldnt touch wheat a year ago :lol:

I casually browse through this thread from time to time, looking for insight on new workout regimes and learn something new everytime.
pimp.gif

And I don't know if it's just me but when I fall off every once and awhile, I don't even want to dare click on this thread at all.
laugh.gif
 Makes a brotha feel guilty.

Last edited:
Anyone with Nike + know how i can change my run distances? The treadmill is usually .25- half a mile ahead of my phone

Back
Top Bottom