STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I haven't hit the gym since Sunday. I could blame long hours at work or the OT that I've picked up but I won't. I feel like I have been lazy. I need to get MYSELF in there today.

Since the playoffs ended two weeks ago I've been back to going 6/1off

I'm seeing gains and its an addiction, I once HATED leg day, but its become my favorite in the PPL split...although it is my weakest body group :smh:

I miss this thread!!!!

Used straps for the first time today... Feel like im cheating lol..
Why? lol

The only time I wouldn't use them is if I was training for a one rep lift to do in a meet, other than that I see many PLers and of course BBers use them.

Straps>>>>>>gloves all day errr day 

Straps are better than Versa grips too. Buddy let me use those, and I'd rather pay a premium price for some good, padded straps.

^ I own the veras' and somewhat agree. They do the job for sure, holds the weight, supports the wrist and very durable. Great product overall. But the price tag is steep. I was able to pick them up for cheap so I use them.

Since the playoffs ended two weeks ago I've been back to going 6/1off

I'm seeing gains and its an addiction, I once HATED leg day, but its become my favorite in the PPL split...although it is my weakest body group :smh:

I miss this thread!!!!

6 days on? Hot damn

^ I own the veras' and somewhat agree. They do the job for sure, holds the weight, supports the wrist and very durable. Great product overall. But the price tag is steep. I was able to pick them up for cheap so I use them.

Straps without padding may hurt your wrists after 3 plates. The leather thing on the Versa just gets slippery, so it's easy to drop the bar after 3 plates.

excuses nah? i almost dropped a 90lb dumbell on my face last week.

my elbow was perfect fine, i went to do DB flat bench, my left goes up fine, my right i struggling im like WTH... god saved me right there that i could hold it up over my face some how without dropping it.

ended up giving it another try and got it up but as i was doing my set the pain was horrible, honestly felt was i was going down that my elbow was gonna pop out of my arm.

i hate doing light, it almost feels like im not getting a workout. yes i know, its weird but its feels that way to me. Its just that i dont wanna make it worse. I havent been doing anything and the pain is just getting worse some how. im very puzzled and its pissing me off. If i was cutting i wouldnt even care but right now is the time to build muscle
You should rest it and get it looks at by a brofessional.

Just got tempted and ate 4 cookies....

Smh....

Dam Halloween..

There goes my cheat meal for the week wasted by the devils temptation lol
Ya ate all kinds of sugar on Halloween. It's always fascinating to see how badly my body reacts to overconsumption of sugar

I've tried nearly all and choc chip cookie dough was my favorite until i tried white chocolate raspberry... that's the best flavor imo.  

Anybody reading any good books out there? I'm rotating btw Supple Leopard, Athletic Based Strength Training by Joe Kenn and a few NSCA books right now.
I read Supple Leopard. Really good book, learned a lot. It's helped a lot in terms of how I approach setting up for a lift. Need to review it and incorporate more of the suggested mobility work

Ya'll know that feel before leg day and you don't really wanna go, but you know you have to go in order to hit the other muscles... :smh:

Leg Day is a bish 4 real. Gotta grow though. This is what separates me from the others. I gotta get up and push my self.

I don't really mind leg day honestly. Dom mazzetti has a good video on how to skip leg day...
Is shipleys an east coast thing? never heard of it in cali
We don't have it on the beast coast

5:42am brahs. 1 cup STRONG black coffee and headed to the iron temple.

Let's get it.
Black coffee is such a disgruntled hungover construction worker drink.

Yesterday was my first day lifting again. I was out for 3 months due to a wrist injury. Felt like I still had my strength, but I want to ease back into it. I did chest and biceps and feel like a champ. No pain whatsoever, except for the natural soreness one might feel when returning from a break.

Starting to eat clean again, but its going to be tough during the holidays. I'm 6'1 and 200 lbs., need to be 190 lbs. with 7% body fat. This will happen by March.

I'm mirin no more. :pimp:

Donated blood today bruhs. They told me no lifting tonight, but it's arm day... On a Friday night.

I'll have to drink over the usual amount of water to try, and offset it.

Donated blood today bruhs. They told me no lifting tonight, but it's arm day... On a Friday night.

don't believe the hype, you'll be fine. I gave blood, then had a basketball game later that night. was just fine. it was like hooping in a dream. lol

don't believe the hype, you'll be fine. I gave blood, then had a basketball game later that night. was just fine. it was like hooping in a dream. lol

Yeah, it feels weird right now. I'll have another 2 gallons of water before I even touch the gym though.

At work...

Just devouring meals in preparation to grow these shoulders and traps later.

Going to go super heavy.

Growwwwwwwee

RIP BaltimoreGutta

jk

Celebrated halloween after leg day w/ tacobell and a medium mountain dew :lol: :x

Kinda felt like it was a waste of a cheat meal... oh well.

Just saw the Hugh Jackman article on BB...

I haven't watched the older xmen movies since they came out.

I had no idea dude was so soft looking in the beginning. :lol:

If you haven't read the article... its a pretty good read. But I like wolverine :nthat:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mutant-strength-hugh-jackmans-wolverine-workout-plan.html

So pissed....was gonna go straight from work to the gym, but I left my sneakers at home. Flirted w/ the idea of lifting wearing my wallaby's, but decided not to :lol:

Gonna head home for a minute and pick up the kicks.

Back
Top Bottom