STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My current build: 155. I still have fat around my stomach area (Bulking currently) and still need to work on my chest. Around last summer I was mini chub, About 168 and was short. I've grown to around 6 foot now (growth spurt) and that helped alot.

I've done about a solid week of insanity and I'm thinking about adding some supplements to aid in solid fat loss.

I thinking of stacking Super HD and CLK both by Cellucor.

I used to be around 270 pounds and I'm down to about 235... I basically want to take my weight loss to the next level...

I also need to get my diet under control... any tips?

Focus more on the diet. Get a good whey protein powder, multivitamin, and some fish oil. No need to get too fancy.

I figured diet would be key

Any other healthy foods than grilled chicken breast and salad?

I love eating salad but Lord have mercy it does not sustain my hunger levels. :smh:
Fish, lean beef, eggs, beans, spinach, sweet potatoes, brown rice, avocado, peanut butter, really the list is endless. Key is to jusy avoid the cooking methods that make the foods unhealthy, avoid processed and refined foods, white carbs, and sugars.

What does your meal plan look like? We can take it from there.

^^^Nailed it

I've done about a solid week of insanity and I'm thinking about adding some supplements to aid in solid fat loss.

I used to be around 270 pounds and I'm down to about 235... I basically want to take my weight loss to the next level...

Focus more on the diet. Get a good whey protein powder, multivitamin, and some fish oil. No need to get too fancy.

I love eating salad but Lord have mercy it does not sustain my hunger levels. :smh:

Salmon and other fishes, just to mix it up. Also, when i prepare salads i started to use spinach/lettuce combo.

biggest thing in weight loss is to cut out the sodium

Last edited:
I just started cooking with a crockpot and that thing is a godsend for bodybuilding.

Fish, lean beef, eggs, beans, spinach, sweet potatoes, brown rice, avocado, peanut butter, really the list is endless. Key is to jusy avoid the cooking methods that make the foods unhealthy, avoid processed and refined foods, white carbs, and sugars.

What does your meal plan look like? We can take it from there.

That's my problem... I need to start planning my meals

^^^Nailed it

Salmon and other fishes, just to mix it up. Also, when i prepare salads i started to use spinach/lettuce combo.

biggest thing in weight loss is to cut out the sodium

Eh, I wouldnt say thats the biggest thing bro.Cutting sodium is very key, but you can combat it by drinking tons of water.

Most important thing of weight loss imo is plainly a diet.

That's my problem... I need to start planning my meals

For at least a little while, track all the calories you eat or drink. It helps you plan your meals properly (aka not accidentally having 1200 calories for breakfast word to my entire life). You realize where unnecessary calories come from and when you tend to overeat.

It also really helps if you plan out your meals each day. At least give yourself options or guidelines. You know your schedule best so only you can do this. Don't feel the need to have 5-7 meals a day - that REALLY isn't necessary. Just try being consistent.

I feel like I UNDEReat, mainly because I'm afraid that I'll end up OVEReating. Do any of you guys feel this way when you were going through you weight lost quest or during your cuts. 

Also I feel like I'm going through a withdrawal from all the bad things I used to eat, like all the carbs and sugars, fast foods, I mean its been a few weeks but I'm starting to feel the blunt of it today.

I'm just feeling real aggy right now. 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Durden, I have a question for you... (anyone else feel free to chime in)

How much of an impact would you say fatigued biceps have on grip strength in general, but specifically for deadlifts?
Thats tough to determine. Its tough to only have bicep fatigue and not have some degree of forearm fatigue included as well. The biceps dont really have a role in grip strength, so by that muscle group alone being fatigued wouldnt affect it. However, because the forearms contract isometrically during bicep exercises, bicep exercises in essence will fatigue the forearms leading to decreased grip strength.

I wouldnt say fatigued biceps have a huge impact on deadlift ability/grip strength, but it does affect it to a degree.
You are the man.

Thanks
pimp.gif

Regarding sodium vs. water intake...

I usually drink about a gallon of water a day...

Is that enough to "not worry" about sodium intake?

Question for those who do planks.. 

I been doing planks more often..

I do 3 rounds.. 90sec intervals each round..

Is that a long enough time?

I can make it through each set without too much strain/effort..

Should I just go until failure each round?

did legs on Sunday (2 days ago) and my calves are SORE as hell!! i did standing calf raises with 3 sets of 105 lbs (using the stretch and contract method). i feel like i aint got no calves today. limpin like a drunk newborn horse :\

This flavor is disgusting, I shouldve stuck with the Banana :smh:

Any suggestions what to mix it with?

back day. on this cut. low carbs. feeling groggy. still pushing. leggooo.

What is low carb for you?

well for this month, it's cutting out breads and potatoes, other starches. Pastas. Things that contain a lot of flour. Stuff like that. Of course I'm still getting some carbs from veggies and fruits and other misc stuff, but I counter that by limiting my portions. I've been monitoring my sodium/sugar intake as well. A bunch of just mental tricks, smaller plates = automatically eating less food. Drinking a glass of water before meals. Having conversations while I eat, you suck in more air. It's the little things. I'm not really counting my #'s right now, now I'm just getting my mind and body prepared for next month. I'm just using personal judgement and wherewithal in knowing my task at hand, that keeps me in check. I thoroughly expect to have some dope progress come the 28th of Feb though.

Back
Top Bottom