STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i havent worked out in almost 2 weeks because of midterms and such

i feel like ive put on some weight and now i wear nothing but sweaters because i feel ugly 
frown.gif

fight me
roll.gif
...Dead at that gif

Voted for you bro :pimp:

Yo BIG BOSS and Freeze... I just straight NUKED my Chest this morning...COD style...
I loled :lol:  Good work bro, keep it up. I love drop sets.

both of these. and yea drop sets change the whole game. Keep killing it bros!!

I'm going to dog my arms today. Again with the major focus being on triceps and that horseshoe. Then forearms. Bi's will be the minor piece worked, just 2 exercises probably.

Glucosamine hasn't actually been shown to be consistently effective in peer-reviewed studies. It's one of those things that people either swear by or it doesn't do a damn thing for them. If it works for you, great. If not, don't be surprised.

Jewbacca, hard to say what the pain is from. Medial, lateral, anterior or posterior pain? Any instability?

It's on the inside of the knee, so I'd guess MCL. However, I wouldn't say there is any instability. I did my deadlift day last Friday and jogged last night with no added pain.

I'm trying to stay off it as much as possible this week by skipping the squat and deadlift day on my program. If it was a serious injury, I doubt I'd be able to do any weighted exercise or run without additional pain, right?

Like in my previous post, the best way I can describe it is "inner knee discomfort that stiffens up my knee when I walk".

In my experience, knee pain usually stems from inflexibility or misalignment of the hips. Get on your stretching steez, massage your hamstrings and hips, and maybe look into a chiropractor. It could also have to do with your arches, shoes or other foot related issues

I pulled something in my back this morning. 
mean.gif

Was planning on getting it in the gym today since I did cardio yesterday. Got up out my car and bam! Sat back down with the quickness. 
frown.gif

i havent worked out in almost 2 weeks because of midterms and such

i feel like ive put on some weight and now i wear nothing but sweaters because i feel ugly :frown:

fight me

Bruh even if i feel i've gained 1 lb i act shell up and try to only wear sweaters n hoodies

:rofl:

About to head to the gym..

Deadlifts and OHP.....treadmill + ~10 mi on the bike

In my experience, knee pain usually stems from inflexibility or misalignment of the hips. Get on your stretching steez, massage your hamstrings and hips, and maybe look into a chiropractor. It could also have to do with your arches, shoes or other foot related issues

I stretch a lot cause I value flexibility. I think the discomfort might have actually came from over-stretching. I've made huge leaps in my flexibility, but you can always be more flexible.

I've never heard of misalignment of the hips, I'm gonna have to google that right after in finish this reply.

I had been doing legs in Nike Frees. I know people preach lifting in Chucks or other flat bottom soled shoes, but is there anything specifically wrong with Frees in y'all's opinion?

That damn gif above...
roll.gif
roll.gif

washed my headphones
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
Do that constantly.
laugh.gif
  My latest pair is somehow alive and kickin afterwards.
I've washed my joints 4 times of this past sunday.  Still works without any issues.  Joints are indestructible
[h2]Sennheiser adidas CX 680[/h2]
I have some Sony joints, forget the exact model #, but they have to be waterproof to still be going strong the way they are which is odd because I have awful luck with headphones.  From wrapping them around my jumprope during workouts and watching them split in half, smashing one of the buds between weight plates, forgetting that I have it in my ear and slamming the cord between my car door...like my damn kryponite lol.

Carbs more important then proteins? I don't think so. Maybe for energy but not for repairing and building muscle. At then end of the day meeting a certain number won't make or break your progress. Macros are somewhat overrated IMO.
Again, I will disagree...to a point.  Carbs are just as important during a bulk phase and even a dieting phase.  Thus, why you see people in ketosis appear flat, tend to lose muscle and experience more fatigue and muscle soreness from lack of carbs.  Proteins are the building blocks of muscle, so to speak but carbs are what drive water, and other nutrients into the muscle to help to repair and heal.  They work in unison and are equally just as important.   Macros are more important to me and in most cases, when your macros are right, your calories will fall right in line with where you want to be as far as caloric deficits or surpluses.

Again, I will disagree...to a point.  Carbs are just as important during a bulk phase and even a dieting phase.  Thus, why you see people in ketosis appear flat, tend to lose muscle and experience more fatigue and muscle soreness from lack of carbs.  Proteins are the building blocks of muscle, so to speak but carbs are what drive water, and other nutrients into the muscle to help to repair and heal.  They work in unison and are equally just as important.   Macros are more important to me and in most cases, when your macros are right, your calories will fall right in line with where you want to be as far as caloric deficits or surpluses.

100% agreed.

I don't understand the guys in here saying to estimate macros/micros or people who are working out seriously and not counting.

Diet plays such a huge role in results, you're robbing yourself of maximum gains by not doing so.

Take the time to plan out several different days with variations in meals to hit your numbers, unless you don't mind eating the same thing everyday. Seriously, after you do this, you never have to do it again until you change your diet.

I think some people are saying that Diet is VERY important, however there is no need to kill yourself or be depressed if you aren't able to have perfect days every day of your life.

Make your diet a high priority, but don't make it your whole life. It'll drive you insane if you do, because we're incapable of perfection when we have busy schedules.

Try your best, and results will follow.

I think with my chest days, I'm only gonna stick with doing dumbbell press (Flat, Inline and Decline)" and Flys thats it.

I think some people are saying that Diet is VERY important, however there is no need to kill yourself or be depressed if you aren't able to have perfect days every day of your life.

Make your diet a high priority, but don't make it your whole life. It'll drive you insane if you do, because we're incapable of perfection when we have busy schedules.

Try your best, and results will follow.

Well said

I think with my chest days, I'm only gonna stick with doing dumbbell press (Flat, Inline and Decline)" and Flys thats it.

That's exactly what I do

absolutely nothing wrong with that

Nice. Thanks tor the feedback. I've been doing just too much unneeded exercises for my chest, I need to just keep it simple and focus on my movements.

That's exactly what I do

absolutely nothing wrong with that

Nice. Thanks tor the feedback. I've been doing just too much unneeded exercises for my chest, I need to just keep it simple and focus on my movements.

if you look at some huge guys thats all they do, simple exercises that work.

diet doesn't matter THAT much if you're going from sedentary lifestyle to an active one you're going to lose weight, and get results simply by being more active. as you become more nitpicky on the results you want, then yeah sure it well

im trying to find the healthiest stuff i can pig out on that tastes good cause i tend to like to eat a lot.

i think my go to snack is going to be grapes.

Back
Top Bottom