STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You guys really think using a barbell bench to do dumbbell work on, when other free benches are available is acceptable?

hmmm

Different strokes I guess but most serious people I know would ask them to move, so they could use the bench for what its there for.

Last edited:
Been only Front Squating for the past year.  Looking to incorporate Back Squat back in, no real reason why I stopped.  For those that do both, you do them on the same day and which one first?

You guys really think using a barbell bench to do dumbbell work on, when other free benches are available is acceptable?

Unless your gym has rules written on the wall why would you think telling other people what to do/use in a gym is acceptable? :rolleyes

Unless your gym has rules written on the wall why would you think telling other people what to do/use in a gym is acceptable?
eyes.gif
Just by your comment I can tell you don't go to a gym. Let me guess, I should wait for them to get done? lol FOH

Its called gym etiquette, you use things for what they made for, simple as that. All you have to do is ask the couple if you can bench right there and 99% of people would let you, and if they get confused you show them the free benches that are there for dumbbell work.

bwood should of just sat on the bench and proceeded to bench the couple themselves for reps 
pimp.gif
dude in one hand and chick in the other

Been only Front Squating for the past year.  Looking to incorporate Back Squat back in, no real reason why I stopped.  For those that do both, you do them on the same day and which one first?

I either do back squats then front squats and alternate between the two and switch up the weight, or I just do reverse hack squats only for that leg day, just my preference.

Last edited:

hmmm

Different strokes I guess but most serious people I know would ask them to move, so they could use the bench for what its there for.

No its not. But the way he went about the situation wasnt right either. In most cases a lot of these people dont know theyre doing stupid annoying **** in the gym. Would have been better for bwood to explain that he needs the competition style bench and asked if they could switch to a regular flat bench.

People in life are more self serving every day. The gym is no different so you'll always deal with people being inconsiderate with space and equipment. Some of what I see with just couples that's a pain in he *** :

* Couple moved over the free-rolling benches and set themselves up on the floor in front of the dumbbell rack to do crunches. If anyone needed to use a weight between 45-75 they would have had to step over them or wait until they were between sets, ask them to move, and then go wander the gym to find a place to do dumbbell presses.

* There's 2 squat racks in my gym. I bring a client over and there's a couple who were both squatting but each using a different rack so they wouldn't have to switch out weights. I had my client do some other stuff nearby so we'd be close when they finished and then just when I thought they were done... Good Mornings. The girl is only doing a set when her man starts his set. He walks away to go use the bathroom and then comes back and spends a solid 3-4 minutes scrolling songs on his phone. I finally asked them how many sets they had and they kind of hurried it up. I don't think they were that bad, just a little clueless.

* There's a couple that comes I'm early mornings like 5:30am. The guy has a spiked Mohawk with the full gel-treatment in. At 5:30. That means he gets up at like 4:30 just for the sake of his hair. They do Glute bridges with each of them using a different barbell, as well as different benches, and they each use an incline barbell bench setup just to brace the flat benches on so they don't slide. So they take up 2 barbells, 2 rolling benches, and 2 Incline barbell benches just so they can do their Glute bridges at the same time. I've seen it once, but other trainers have seen them do it on a few other occasions. I almost wanted to make my client do barbell incline presses that day just to make them move but I don't have him do barbell stuff because of a shoulder issue.

It's also funny to see couples where one is teaching or training the other but neither one has any idea what they're doing. Hard to explain but it happens time to time, it's just a typical blind leading the blind but hey, at least they're trying to be healthy and active.

No its not. But the way he went about the situation wasnt right either. In most cases a lot of these people dont know theyre doing stupid annoying **** in the gym. Would have been better for bwood to explain that he needs the competition style bench and asked if they could switch to a regular flat bench.
Yeah he could have been nicer about it but they'll be alright, more than likely they don't come very often. 

Unless your gym has rules written on the wall why would you think telling other people what to do/use in a gym is acceptable? :rolleyes

Just by your comment I can tell you don't go to a gym. Let me guess, I should wait for them to get done? lol FOH

Its called gym etiquette, you use things for what they made for, simple as that. All you have to do is ask the couple if you can bench right there and 99% of people would let you, and if they get confused you show them the free benches that are there for dumbbell work.
You sound very upset, unless your membership cost more than I mine then I'll do w/e I want in the gym.

Big boi think because he uses 3 plates he gets some special accommodation :lol:

Last edited:
You sound very upset, unless your membership cost more than I mine then I'll do w/e I want in the gym.

Big boi think because he uses 3 plates he gets some special accommodation
laugh.gif
Lol you only come around every couple of months to troll son.

Anybody with half a nut would ask that couple to move. End of story, don't be mad that your weak. Hating won't get you any stronger.

Don't be a douche. You don't think using up a flat bench to do curls when you have options is inconsiderate? Where else can someone waiting behind you do a flat bench? Drop the teenaged "I do whatever I want" tantrum and learn to be a human being considerate of others. That's all that is, no need for what you're trying to do. I have no dog in this fight, only that there are both sensible ways to handle it. Nt ain't really bout that life though, let's do extremes.

Don't insult my strength with 3 plates..

I'am training to hit 405lb on flat bench @208lb body weight..

Go back to planet fitness and get your free pizza

Last edited:
Cause he's a troll.

Anyway, front squatters: did you guys have to "work" on your flexibility to rack the barbell on your shoulders? I can't get my palms to face behind me

Don't insult my strength with 3 plates..

I'am training to hit 405lb on flat bench @208lb body weight..

Go back to planet fitness and get your free pizza

I agree people doing stupid stuff on equipment is annoying, but you have to deal with people like that in life.

However, what you're saying makes you come off as a douche.

You don't have any more a right to use that bench than the Ed Hardy couple does.

Cause he's a troll.

Anyway, front squatters: did you guys have to "work" on your flexibility to rack the barbell on your shoulders? I can't get my palms to face behind me

Have you tried a two or three finger grip? Stretch your wrists, pecs, lats, and triceps beforehand and try foam-rolling or lacrosse ball rolling your forearms first but also try taking your pinky out from around the bar like pictured below and see if that helps. I started that wa with a two finger grip and eventually got to a three finger grip which helps me go heavier. Still not ready for a full grip but it helps me a ton. If all else fails you can use wrist straps on the bar and hold them.

You can also buy front squat straps as seen in the link below but I've never tried them so I can't really vouch for them.

http://www.gillinghamhp.com/

I agree people doing stupid stuff on equipment is annoying, but you have to deal with people like that in life.

However, what you're saying makes you come off as a douche.

You don't have any more a right to use that bench than the Ed Hardy couple does.

Aren't you the one that reports everyone's comments?

I'll reserve my comment.

If you all can't take my "douche" sarcasm then you obviously don't know me too well.

I'll embrace the alpha roll.

I don't really care.

Stating what I was repping on incline was not an intimidation factor, it was me venting in a funny manner.

I'll go back to lurking in the shadows.

Back
Top Bottom