STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

okay so here's my problem fellas , about a year ago you could say I was a skinny 21 year old. now I've gained a good 15-20 pounds thts visible especially in my gut I've began to life weights to gain muscle but when it comes to my gut I'm not sure if I should work on my abs now or change my diet to lose the fat then work on my abs or do a combination of the two at one time . .. . any help ?

okay so here's my problem fellas , about a year ago you could say I was a skinny 21 year old. now I've gained a good 15-20 pounds thts visible especially in my gut I've began to life weights to gain muscle but when it comes to my gut I'm not sure if I should work on my abs now or change my diet to lose the fat then work on my abs or do a combination of the two at one time . .. . any help ?
You cant spot reduce meaning lose fat from one area. Working out your abs wont reduce your gut. Eat clean, drop fat and you'll lose your gut. Abs are made in the kitchen. Lift weights as well, just because youre trying to lose fat doesnt mean you cant lift.

Before my new "diet", I was eating terrible. Probably 3000+ calories a day, soda fast food you name it. I was semi conscious of what I was eating but now I eat as clean as I can. Salads, sandwiches, no soda, limiting to around 2000 calories a day but lately my stomach has been aching. I feel constipated at times, and im not going to the bathroom as frequently. Maybe it as to do with my stomach getting used to not just digesting chinese food and burgers? 
laugh.gif
 My fiber intake has increased, which you'd figure id use the bathroom more but I go maybe once a day to ****.

^Eating clean especially with veggies and fruits and whole grains got me taking dumps multiple times a day, man :lol:

Idk meng, usually id **** 2-3 times a day, lately its been once a day in the morning, and it woudnt even be that much. 
laugh.gif
 Guess my stomach has to get used to this new diet thing.

Jasmin
it is expensive

i can literally get it for the same price as pre jym

an right now this intrigues me more than pre jym profile
looks better than pre jym to me in terms of energy. jym has the nitrates so pump might be a little better and jym has the aminos which is whatever unless you're fasted.

If you ask nicely but look focused/intense, no one will say otherwise if you want to work in or use space....
This

I think telling them they should take that ish to LA fitness may have been a little extreme.  Normally a simple "how many sets do you guys have left" will get people to hurry up and be more considerate or a "hey can i work in with you" a lot of times leads to "oh we are done you can have it".

But it is tough when you have such a mix of people.  When people are training for a goal whether its body building competition or power lifting or personal, its way different then a casual gym goer.  Its like if you were at work and your office mate is talking to you all day and infrequently asks to use your computer.  Can you stop talking to me i need to get my work done, why do you need to use my computer you have your own just use that.  

But after all my complaining about my gym i think its time to bite the bullet and switch.  This weekend they put up signs on the mirrors, about 10 of them, saying "Theater below, please do not drop weights, if you do you will be asked to leave immediately".  The landmark theater in harbor east (baltimore) is the floor below the gym.  I guess movie goers were complaining about noise?  I don't know what i can do about deadlift day.  I dont' drop the weights when i dead lift but i don't gingerly place them on the ground either.  This could be it...they finally found a way to get actual gym rats out.  

Looking for a mid-morning snack.  What's the best Greek Yogurt to eat on a daily basis?  

JKing - I had a few minutes here at work, so I was looking up some gyms in/near B-More that might suit your needs...I came across these two:

Dumbarton Barbell Club

Merritt Athletic Clubs
repped

even though merrit is double the price i might just have to make the switch.  The barbell club i never even heard of and def sounds worth checking out can't beat that price

Yea...the BB Club has some weird hours and location, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives....

That BB club will not be for the faint of heart lol
I know exactly where this is, but dont know how I've never heard anything about it - probably because it looks like there's less than 50 members based on the comments. I'm def going to have to check it out myself. LA Fitness is ok but I feel like I'd progress more at a barbell club.

Last edited:
JKing - I had a few minutes here at work, so I was looking up some gyms in/near B-More that might suit your needs...I came across these two:

Dumbarton Barbell Club

Merritt Athletic Clubs

That BB club will not be for the faint of heart lol

This is the best part in the directions to the place...

After turning off York Rd, make first right and immediate left into what looks like a driveway. Follow around, gym is at the end of the parking lot in the basement. Follow the metal music.

:rofl: :rofl: :pimp:

Home gym... :wow:

One day, that's the goal...

That BB Club though, $84/year, follow the Metal music, :smokin... :lol:

New week, **** isn't going to lift itself.

Back
Top Bottom