STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Cross fit is about paying for a certification and charging a ton to be in a cult.

Some of the workouts in cross fit aren't bad, but by and large it is now a fad that is out of control. You've got a majority of the gyms not even teaching proper form. Just getting certified so they can't print money because of sheep.

I think you have to make the distinction that people in the gym doing stupid **** aren't under supervision. Crossfit is led by certified coaches leading these injury prone workouts.

When I get on Instagram and get sucked into the black hole of looking at crossfit stuff, it's incredible seeing how many people are recovering from injury or surgery.

Lol you mad.

I'm guessing you didn't see the people whose heads smacked the ground...ok...

#xfit #strength
laugh.gif

Nobody is mad, you do need to work on your funny. You're joke didn't deliver.
Who said I was joking?

I just said I saw people get concussed. You stay being defensive over crossfit jabs...

In the video only one person clearly hit their noggin. Other than that, shocked there werent any more leg injuries (achilles, knee ligaments), Video is very cringe worthy.

Cross fit is about paying for a certification and charging a ton to be in a cult.

Some of the workouts in cross fit aren't bad, but by and large it is now a fad that is out of control. You've got a majority of the gyms not even teaching proper form. Just getting certified so they can't print money because of sheep.

:lol:... Note: It took 15 days for the first uninformed comment in this thread.

A. You have to pay a ton to get any certification, in any field.
B. The cult statement, :lol:, from a guy on a sneaker board, dedicated to sneaker collecting where everybody shares the same hobby/culture. :lol: I know it wasn't this thread that drove you here.
C. I'm pretty sure you haven't walked into a CF gym, but hey, if it's on the internet it must be true.
D. Everyone running a CF gym is swimming in cash, :lol:.

I just said I saw people get concussed. You stay being defensive over crossfit jabs...

Has nothing to do with CF, that your "jabs" miss the mark. Whether CF or not. You have more missed jabs than a Floyd Mayweather opponent. This thread is littered with them.

Are we looking at the same video? There was one guy who clearly hit his head. Might want to look into an NFL job, you clearly have a gift of assesing concussions via video.

I think you have to make the distinction that people in the gym doing stupid **** aren't under supervision. Crossfit is led by certified coaches leading these injury prone workouts.

When I get on Instagram and get sucked into the black hole of looking at crossfit stuff, it's incredible seeing how many people are recovering from injury or surgery.

Usually has to do with an atheletes ego, like in this video. There were athletes that clearly lacked the skills to make that jump but they felt the need to do it. That's where injuries happen. Most gyms I've attended won't let people lift anything heavy, usually PVC Pipe (8-10oz) work, training bar (25lb or less), empty bar (45lb) or 10lb's on each side (65lbs). Those that get hurt are the ones that jump in with advanced athletes and try to lift above their means.

CF gets a lot of flack, rightly so at times, however they are the only ones taking on the person that doesn't know anything or the athlete that is uncoachable. Getting the immovable to move.

On that note, I've seen some of the dudes in this thread get kudo's and you look at their IG and their form is terrible...but that's none of my business. On another note, there have been more self reported injuries in this thread than in any sport I've played or participated in real life, the exception being HS football.

Chances are, if you move, you put yourself at a risk of injury.

Weight room injuries happen everywhere, from HS to College to Pro to CF to Powerlifting to Olympic Gyms. We are telling our bodies to move at max effort and sometimes at max speed. Pushing the boundaries. It's a choice.

I've never understood why a workout regimen that SOMEONE ELSE does ruffles so many feathers, :lol:

Last edited:

Has nothing to do with CF, that your "jabs" miss the mark. Whether CF or not. You have more missed jabs than a Floyd Mayweather opponent. This thread is littered with them.

Are we looking at the same video? There was one guy who clearly hit his head. Might want to look into an NFL job, you clearly have a gift of assesing concussions via video.
Woah dere...not even gonna get into it with you...do you 

Who's form is terrible though [emoji]128064[/emoji], don't see too many oly videos posted so u must be talkin' bout me [emoji]128514[/emoji], speak up let me or whoever know somethin'. And they can just program anything into a Crossfit comp? Like there are no limits? Haven't seen hurdle jumps before

Last edited:
This dude can't be serious...

I remember when crossfit first started and it definitely has exploded into a shameful money grab operation. $150 a month to exercise in a group with somebody that doesn't teach proper form or care about safety? Sign me up!

All certs cost a ton for sure, but how many of the idiots running these gyms actually leave with knowledge after paying their fees. Please don't pretend a cross fit cert is on par with NASM or any other legitimate certification.

Like dude said, check out how many injuries are constantly bragged about everywhere on social media from cross fit exploits.

You should watch Elgintensity's cross fit bids to see a review of the stellar form at the cross fit games.

I get it you're a cross fitter and have to defend your cross fit honor.

Don't Krav Maga me, bro.

Woah dere...not even gonna get into it with you...do you 

:lol: basically. Way it should be.

I still got love for you, there's always that homie with the bad jokes in the group. *hug xoxo*

Who's form is terrible though [emoji]128064[/emoji], don't see too many oly videos posted so u must be talkin' bout me [emoji]128514[/emoji], speak up let me or whoever know somethin'. And they can just program anything into a Crossfit comp? Like there are no limits? Haven't seen hurdle jumps before

I don't think I follow you, I'm rarely on my IG anymore so that's probably why.

This wasn't a CF sanctioned event so it's like someone throwing an MMA event and it going horribly wrong and blaming UFC for no real reason.

This wasn't a CrossFit Event.

There are good events/comps and bad ones. There are bad CF gyms and there good ones. Kind of happens with everything in life. Hey, I love Starbucks and there have been times I visit a ****** one, I just don't go back.

Lumping them together is asinine.

Basing and argument on assumptions and generalizations, yeah no thanks.

This dude can't be serious...

Easy there Johnny Manziel, we don't even know who you are. Play the sidelines for awhile and gain some type of credibility.

If you got facts then show them, this ol' shooting from the hip and using elgintensity :smile:lol) as a reference will get half your team benched.

I'll stop there, having a debate/discussion with someone that lacks knowledge is not fruitful for all parties involved.

Anywho, I love this thread. I wish it
Was more about progress and what people are doing even supps being taken. When people try to give their two cents or advice it tends to take a turn for the worse. :lol:

Money wise cross fit is a workout cash cow. Lots of the stuff they do require equipment not normally found in a regular gym. They also do a lot of team things aka need a trainer/partners = need to pay.

Knock cross fit all you want but the money is there.

an owner of a xfit gym wanted to open a credit account at my work for building materials for his new gym...I respectfully declined the credit application 
laugh.gif
   If any of you live in Charlotte, it's on south Tryon st downtown

I'm just messin' with you abt the form man. But I understand it isn't a Crossfit event, but isn't it still Crossfit athletes doing Crossfit things, kinda the the Grid league and other events? I can see why to the average eye why ppl throw this under the "another dumb Crossfit event" even though it's not really. I have no problem with Crossfit, even enjoy watching some of the athletes.

:lol: basically. Way it should be.

I still got love for you, there's always that homie with the bad jokes in the group. *hug xoxo*
I don't think I follow you, I'm rarely on my IG anymore so that's probably why.

This wasn't a CF sanctioned event so it's like someone throwing an MMA event and it going horribly wrong and blaming UFC for no real reason.

This wasn't a CrossFit Event.

There are good events/comps and bad ones. There are bad CF gyms and there good ones. Kind of happens with everything in life. Hey, I love Starbucks and there have been times I visit a ****** one, I just don't go back.

Lumping them together is asinine.

Basing and argument on assumptions and generalizations, yeah no thanks.
Easy there Johnny Manziel, we don't even know who you are. Play the sidelines for awhile and gain some type of credibility.

If you got facts then show them, this ol' shooting from the hip and using elgintensity :smile:lol) as a reference will get half your team benched.

I'll stop there, having a debate/discussion with someone that lacks knowledge is not fruitful for all parties involved.

Anywho, I love this thread. I wish it
Was more about progress and what people are doing even supps being taken. When people try to give their two cents or advice it tends to take a turn for the worse. :lol:

I agree discussing crossfit with you would be useless.

Good luck with your 2015 lifting goals, bro.

Back
Top Bottom