STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I been waiting for euro training to pop
terry_crews_euro_training-58273.gif

I'm down for this :lol:

Gonna start a new trend. Stay with me here........ Sexfit. PM for details

Last edited:
finally deadlifted today after a year lay off from a herniated disc.

still have some pain and sciatica..but after consulting with my chiro, he said it might be a good idea to start some light deadlifts.

Was able to do 3x7 on 75lbs. Was sharing the bar with a girl was pressing the 75. Dem feelz. :smh:

I refer to UFC because it's very comparable. Remember when they said MMA was a trend and it will go away because it is dangerous due to a bunch of unsanctioned events. Mostly from boxing fans.

All the affliction gear at the turn of the century, UFC didn't go anywhere.

Will there be terrible unsanctioned CF events, yes. As long as someone is willing to pony up and sponsor them athletes will participate for a purse. Doesn't mean it's CF though.

Anyway registratiom for the open started today. :smile:

Let's not compare MMA to CF, they're two very different things. Combat sport vs. Fitness "sport."

Feel free to belittle my knowledge of crossfit, but having followed MMA since the late 90s, trained, and competed...I know enough to find that statement out of line.

:lol:

I don't just want to laugh in your face. Just because you trained and competed doesn't make you informed, which you are clearly not. So, let me inform you a little bit, I've never trained in MMA and I'm not it's biggest fan I am a fan of sports business and seeing the rise of that sport as I was in college was incredible to see/witness.

Let's get this out of the way, comparing something doesn't always mean it's the exact same, it just means there are some similarities.

The rise of MMA and UFC in cliff notes version:

MMA started off as a bunch of dudes brawling, a combination of boxing and wrestling, at least of that is what people thought of it. What is this barbaric "sport" that is just going to lead to people getting hurt and/or dying. It is more brutal than boxing (on the surface), yet it doesn't have the finesse or skills that are required to box. It's just brawling. This is what people thought of MMA in the 90's. It won't last, someone is going to die and it's going to lead to the sport dying.

Rally to kill the sport: Boxing

Then it began gaining popularity, and people discovered Pride, a sanctioned body on the other side of the world. UFC began to clean up it's act, fighters went from brawlers to refined in mixed martial arts (MMA). MMA was all over the place: backyards, halls, auditoriums, etc, etc. As fighters became better, you couldn't just come from the streets (Kimbo Slice) anyone, the 24/7 eat, sleep and **** fighter was born. If you want to make it to the UFC, it is difficult nowadays.

MMA took different modalities of fighting and mixed them together to create a great product.

I'm not a fan, but I'm not going to sit here and knock it. I didn't go too deep as it's rise is bigger than that.

How does CF compare?

- Started as a bunch of dudes working out, because BB routines weren't enough, since hopping on a treadmill or elliptical blows ****.
- Mixed different modalites: Weightlifting, gymnastics, Oly Lifting, monstructual (rowing, running, etc)
- Has a group wanting it to die: Instead of boxers, you have your globo gym body builder.
- "Think of the children" crowd was strong, has dwindled, but it's still there.
- Legitimate governing bodies getting stronger, in this case CFHQ, which stepped up drug testing and changed the qualifying standards
- The days of any person winning the CF Open are pretty much over, you literally have to train your *** off to be elite
- Unsactioned events will continue to commence but CFHQ will stay far far away from them, same thing UFC does to these mom and pop MMA events.
- Just because you train in MMA fighter, just like if you do CF doesn't make you a CF'er. You train in MMA, you train in CF. :wink:
- It's going to grow as a sport, and it isn't going anywhere. The CF gyms making good money are good ones, get what you pay for. The ones breaking even are the upstarts or the not so good one.-- Probably wont make much in year one and two as you are building credibility and a clientele base.
- People will not flock to you, :lol:
- Wish it was that easy.

Last edited:
i dont follow crossfit but the little i've seen on TV and looking at the open trial vids online, i've never seen anyone jumping those super high hurdles so i don't blame crossfit for the mess in that vid. that was absolutely stupid though and the participants shouldn't have even attempted the high ones.

vid is super entertaining though :rofl:

Did you really try to school me on MMA's history?

You may write very eloquently, but you're pompous as hell. A discussion with you would be a wasteful use of time.

Keep doing you and don't herniate any discs during those kipping deadlifts.

Dudes cant even have a legit discussion without their own panties getting wedged up a hole. :smh:

Learn how to have an intelligent, non-personal attacking conversation people.

Just because someone doesnt agree with your favorite type of exercise doesnt mean theyre attacking you as a person. Also, just because you arent familiar with a type of exercise doesnt mean its stupid or you have to **** on it automatically.

Also, there are definitely similarities between MMA and Crossfit. Like it was said though, doesnt mean its an exact comparison. Correlated and causation...

Dudes cant even have a legit discussion without their own panties getting wedged up a hole. :smh:

Learn how to have an intelligent, non-personal attacking conversation people.

Just because someone doesnt agree with your favorite type of exercise doesnt mean theyre attacking you as a person. Also, just because you arent familiar with a type of exercise doesnt mean its stupid or you have to **** on it automatically.

Also, there are definitely similarities between MMA and Crossfit. Like it was said though, doesnt mean its an exact comparison. Correlated and causation...

Not reading the crap above, but how are MMA and crossfit similar?

One guy simply said UFC and mma as a whole was first seen as just a fad but stuck. People now say cross fit is a fad but he feels it will also stick. It's really not that groundbreaking and controversial people :smh:

Yeah, I'm failing to see how crossfit is a fad and I hate crossfit.

It may peak at some point in number of gyms and decline, but that happens in most businesses. I can't really see it completely dying off.

Back
Top Bottom