STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

It's ok I just felt like saying burly boy. Yeah those don't hurt. Well I've never done weighted but so far so good. That's a good idea though. Never thought of that.

Has your pain lessened in your arm as you got stronger or stayed the same? stuntman mike stuntman mike
it's actually never been an issue when lifting weights. i've had 115# on the barbell doing curls and it didn't hurt but i don't do much isolation work for my biceps (my biceps are pretty small). the only time it's painful is if i strike my arm against something or say try and smash some rocks with a hammer. that hurts. it's probably gotten better as i got stronger though.

Yup that's pretty much what it's like for me too. I think I'll just avoid a few lifts.

I can keep the curls at 25# for the Dumbbells and some back stuff.

Thanks man. Was just kind of wondering if anyone else this going on.

Finally able to hop on and catch up after being away dealing with moving. I'm telling yall. Want frustration to let out in the gym? Try buying a house! 
mean.gif
 Been working on my deads and squats and yesterday hit a new max with deads. 315lbs. Not gonna lie midway during the lift I felt like I was watching myself lift. Complete outta body experience. Went to try to lift again and couldn't even get it off the ground.

Since I've been working on the main basics deads, squat, bench, push ups, pull ups, rows, I've noticed my strength has gone threw the roof. Noticed at work that I'm able to drag heavy hose around by myself a lot easier than before.

My only issue now is still shoulders. Rolling out the pecs have helped  lot but still need some work. Can't even do dips anymore it hurts so much.

Dtp is no joke. I look at only 4 exercises and think o this should be simple... i finish one and a just like damnnn.

Finally able to hop on and catch up after being away dealing with moving. I'm telling yall. Want frustration to let out in the gym? Try buying a house! 
mean.gif
 Been working on my deads and squats and yesterday hit a new max with deads. 315lbs. Not gonna lie midway during the lift I felt like I was watching myself lift. Complete outta body experience. Went to try to lift again and couldn't even get it off the ground.

Since I've been working on the main basics deads, squat, bench, push ups, pull ups, rows, I've noticed my strength has gone threw the roof. Noticed at work that I'm able to drag heavy hose around by myself a lot easier than before.

My only issue now is still shoulders. Rolling out the pecs have helped  lot but still need some work. Can't even do dips anymore it hurts so much.
Nice that you started myofascial release on those pecs man! Have you tried some mobility bands also?

My wrist is killing me , at times I can't even twist a doorknob , a friend of mine recommend me to get one of those wrist straps , are they any good ?

My wrist is killing me , at times I can't even twist a doorknob , a friend of mine recommend me to get one of those wrist straps , are they any good ?

Yeah.

Just don't get one from bodybuilding.

Edit: I'll tell u later

Last edited:

Inzer lever belt users: 10mm or 13?
10mm unless you're squatting 5-6 + and/or deading the same. The 13 is B to break in and it's hella thick, be prepared for bruises lol.
Shooting for that 5 plate squat by Feb range which is what has me contemplating the thicker belt.  The powerlifters that I'm cool with swear by the 13.  This is the one subject that I'm pretty much clueless about since I train beltless, but it's time to get serious if I really want to move some big boy weight.  I tried a 13mm buckle belt when I trained with a powerlifter in my gym (18 years old, squats 675...smh) and it wasn't too bad.  **** was a ***** to get to the right loop and even more of a ***** to get off.
laugh.gif

Yea I mean it's all personal preference. I think either will withstand what you're moving, but I'd see what bigboss bigboss has to say first.

13 fa sho my dogs.

I have the 13mm lever and double prong and love them both. I use the double prong for deadlifts only though, feels better for some reason. I wish I would have got the single prong though, probably a little easier to get on and off.

The way I broke mine in is I wrapped it as tight as possible around one of those pull up bars that go in the door frame and left it like that for at least a week. Some people like to break them in by wearing them but **** that
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I never use a belt when lifting. Then again I'm not at the stage yet to lift real heavy. One time I tried a belt and I felt like my back was a lot less stable. Gonna see a trainer at my gym and see whats up with it

Up to 168 from 155. My chest and shoulders look more full and my legs are looking more solid. I know it obviously aint all muscle but finna give BOSS and J a run for their money. :pimp:

Sike. But I feel nice. :pimp: Losing my 4 pack though...

Up to 168 from 155. My chest and shoulders look more full and my legs are looking more solid. I know it obviously aint all muscle but finna give BOSS and J a run for their money. :pimp:

Sike. But I feel nice. :pimp: Losing my 4 pack though...

F your 4 pack for right now b

Get a lil chunky now and only to come back next summer and style on these fools

Up to 168 from 155. My chest and shoulders look more full and my legs are looking more solid. I know it obviously aint all muscle but finna give BOSS and J a run for their money.
pimp.gif

Sike. But I feel nice.
pimp.gif
Losing my 4 pack though...
Nice man. Keep up the good work.

13 fa sho my dogs.

I have the 13mm lever and double prong and love them both. I use the double prong for deadlifts only though, feels better for some reason. I wish I would have got the single prong though, probably a little easier to get on and off.

The way I broke mine in is I wrapped it as tight as possible around one of those pull up bars that go in the door frame and left it like that for at least a week. Some people like to break them in by wearing them but **** that
laugh.gif
I've heard people putting that **** under their mattress but who wants to sleep like that. 
laugh.gif

Think ima go 13 and find a creative way to break it in.  Maybe wrap it around something like you did.  Thanks bruh.

I got a 13mm, and it honestly didn't take long to break it in at all. I didn't do anything funky with it. All I did was keep it latched.

I finally got over my 195 hump . I kinda hit a stand still for like 2 weeks. I just keep grinding and putting in work. I weighed in at 191 on Monday coming from 250 in January. This is my first time ever trying to cut down and get lean. I'm liking the progress and will continue to put in work. Hopefully by November I'll be ready for my cruise to Jamaica.Dedication and consistency is the key.

Any of you burly boys have plates in your forearms? I got metal plates running the length of both bones in one fore arm. It's all good most the time except on curls or lifts where I'm holding my arm at 90 degrees. I don't think I'll ever be able to curl more than 30's. Hurts too much.
Lex Luger

Lol I actually think I have to dirty bulk , no matter how much I eat throughout the day I'm still at the same weight .

that always trips me out. if i ate as much as i wanted to throughout the day, i'd probably gain 10# a month. maybe even more.

Back
Top Bottom