STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How do you guys find a consistent balance between school (studying, lectures), work (30-40 hrs/wk), and working out?

When it gets to that point, it's not about balance. You're either going to develop the insane kind of drive and commitment that allows you to make time when there doesn't seem to be any, or you won't.

When it gets to that point, it's not about balance. You're either going to develop the insane kind of drive and commitment that allows you to make time when there doesn't seem to be any, or you won't.

Repped for truth.

If you can't find a hour in the day to get yourself in the gym, you don't want it bad enough :lol:

Repped for truth.

If you can't find a hour in the day to get yourself in the gym, you don't want it bad enough
laugh.gif
Pretty much….I quit trying to motivate folk and i ignore them when they start asking for tips 

Can drinking a gallon of water a day really help you lose weight?
It's very beneficial along with a healthy diet and working out. Can't just down a gallon on top of eating bad and expect to lose weight.

Gallon of water + high protein/fat diet gets me
lean as hell.

Last edited:
How do you guys find a consistent balance between school (studying, lectures), work (30-40 hrs/wk), and working out?
Not in school but once you get in a routine its a lot easier, we are creatures of habit so once you get on a roll its easy to keep going.

Just gotta pick your priorities. 

Everybody's schedule is different so you have to find what works best for you and understand it's not about a "balance" between everything you do. It's about prioritizing your time to get the most out of everything you do.

Simplest way to do this is measure out how much time you spend during the week doing everything you do. For example:

Sleep: 56 hrs/per week

School: 15 hrs/per week

Work: 35 hrs/per week

Using that as a rough estimate for you, that's 106 hours. 168 hours in a week - 106 = 62 hours. 62 hours to do everything else that isn't sleep, school, or work. The question is, how are you using those 62 hours? It seems to me could carve out 5-7 hours a week to work out. You just have to do it.

Wake up an hour earlier or go to bed an hour later to squeeze in gym time. Go to the gym on campus before or after class. There's definitely time for it, maybe write out your daily routine on paper and see where the gym fits in best.

I usually don't go to the gym during finals though. :smh:

Last edited:
You guys here take BCAAs? Trying to figure out if I need em or not

Only thing you "need" is for your diet to be in check and your training to be as intense as you can personally manage. Anything else after that isn't going to much help at all unless those 2 are spot on.

The gym is something you do, not something you have to find time for. I'll work 80 hours a week and still go. Do you take a shower once a day? Do the same for the gym. Once you're in the habit it's not hard at all.

All I know is I'm not trying to waste my time invested so far and stop going.

Last edited:
Well down 14 lbs. went from 186 to 172 currently. I'm 5'10, so I'm almost there. I've for some crazy veins in my biceps and even some in my shoulders too. My problem is that I can't get the donut to go away... Any suggestions. I'm eating around 1800 cals per day, hitting all of my macros. I can't really eat any less.

I feel the weight coming off . But dont want to step on a scale to shake my confidence.

Been consistent in the gym for the last few months.

Feels good man

All about balance and sometimes sacrifice. Back in the day I used to be on my PS3 and PS4 when I got it last Xmas. I haven't touched the thing in months. I just don't have the interest like I do the gym. Plus the time.

Balance is def an issue I'm working out though. Between the girl and making sure I do what needs to get down around the house. Working 3 jobs and having to take random classes. A lot on my plate but guess what. I still make time.

Just take it one bite at a time. Anyone can do it

Back
Top Bottom