STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Push ups don't do nothin if you're past the noob gains unless you apply the principal of progressive overload

Just my opinion.....

Dl
315x5
405x2
405x3
425x2
445x1

185+ 150 in bands
3x5

Underhand bb row
135 3x8 then a set of 5 for some reason.

Bunch of cables and hammer strength row work. Don't remember any of that just know my couldn't feel my lats.
I see you daddy-o :smokin

I been low key cutting for the last two months. Who knew? :lol:
Take it as a grain of salt, I use the same machine. They're always off. Not VERY off...But off nonetheless. Before my cut it said I was 17.5% body fat lol.

I see you daddy-o
smokin.gif

Take it as a grain of salt, I use the same machine. They're always off. Not VERY off...But off nonetheless. Before my cut it said I was 17.5% body fat lol.
I hear you. I'm okay as long as the numbers are consistent. If I'm actually +/- 1.0% more BF than the machine says, cool, as long as it tracks my progression with some degree of accuracy.

Push ups don't do nothin if you're past the noob gains unless you apply the principal of progressive overload

Just my opinion
this kind of what I thought as well.

You said your chest was the least developed part of your body.

They will help.

Keep in mind, when I think of people who do x amount of push ups a day, that isn't their workout for the day. It's in addition to it.

To those that do 5 sets per exercise

Do y'all do 2-3 sets of heavy weights with less reps, then light weights with more reps for the last 2-3 sets or vice versa??

To those that do 5 sets per exercise

Do y'all do 2-3 sets of heavy weights with less reps, then light weights with more reps for the last 2-3 sets or vice versa??

Normally If I'm properly warmed up, I'll do 5 sets of wherever my goal percentage of my 1 rep max is. Usually if I'm doing 5 sets, that means I'm trying hypertrophy so ill do all my sets at 8-12 reps 65-70% 1rm

Sometimes I'm feeling weak though, so I'll use 2-3 sets as warm up sets and just start at a low-ish weight and try and max on my 5th set.

Cant pitch in for that "do 100 push ups a day" thing but push ups ftw!

i do them for warm ups on chest days mainly and also do weighted pushups (add the 45 plate to you back)

Push ups are great. Bodyweight exercises are always great. I do em when i wake up first thing in the morning and sometimes late nights when im bored

Before I lifted I did 100 push-ups a day. Once I learned to bench I was benching 155 right away at 115. They help.

Me too, I would do sets of 20-40 but when I first benched I only could do 75lbs for reps. I thought I would be able to do 95lbs but nope...

You said your chest was the least developed part of your body.

They will help.

Keep in mind, when I think of people who do x amount of push ups a day, that isn't their workout for the day. It's in addition to it.

What he said...

I do 300-400 pushups before bed.. Its good for a quick pump also.

Last edited:
Such a simple, but great idea....

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A new gym is now open at BWI-Thurgood Marshall Airport, allowing travelers to hit the weights before they hit the runway.

The ROAM Fitness gym was originally scheduled to open at BWI in November, but opened on January 31.

RELATED: New Gym At BWI Will Allow Travelers To Work Out While They Wait

The 1,175 square-foot facility is located past the security checkpoint, between terminals D and E, and will feature different workout equipment and weight options.

Membership will be $40 for a day pass, $175 for a monthly pass, and $600 for an annual pass with discounted memberships available for a limited time.

Link

However, this is gonna be hard for families traveling.

I've always thought that was a great idea, can't tell u how many times I wish there were some weights at the airport lol. But $40/ day, ain't getting my business. $15 would be my max

They definitely don't "don't do nothin."

Push ups train protraction of the scapulae which are inhibited during a traditional bench press with the scapulae depressed and retracted. This effectively trains the serratus anterior, rotator cuff, and other stabilizing structures. You can add weight, vary angles, etc.

They definitely don't "don't do nothin."

Push ups train protraction of the scapulae which are inhibited during a traditional bench press with the scapulae depressed and retracted. This effectively trains the serratus anterior, rotator cuff, and other stabilizing structures. You can add weight, vary angles, etc.
thanks for telling me the obvious. but obviously we were talking in terms of gains since thats what we were all referring to. you're not building any muscle doing pushups (assuming you're past the noob gains) unless your apply progressive overload.

Before I lifted I did 100 push-ups a day. Once I learned to bench I was benching 155 right away at 115. They help.

Me too, I would do sets of 20-40 but when I first benched I only could do 75lbs for reps. I thought I would be able to do 95lbs but nope...

Yeah but it probably shot way up once you knew how to bench and had the muscle memory. That's what I was saying. After a week of benching daily.

thanks for telling me the obvious. but obviously we were talking in terms of gains since thats what we were all referring to. you're not building any muscle doing pushups (assuming you're past the noob gains) unless your apply progressive overload.
When both exercises are loaded comparably, they produce similar gains. That's just from the Journal of Strength and Conditioning though which maybe holds no clout with you. One is open one in closed. That's the only difference.

Last edited:
Started tracking with the fat secret app. Let's see how long I can keep that up. Hoping I don't get lazy like I did with MFP

**** no, probably full of smith machines and 20 pound dumb bells. I could get a better work out with a big rock for free.

That's what I'm saying B lol
******* Outback Steakhouse in the airport won't even give you a metal knife. A gym def ain't bout to let you rock with 50 lb metal dumbells and Iron bars galore

Feeling great today. Finally at a point where I can do working sets of 225 on bench. That used to be my, "grab 2 spotters, prepare to 1 rep max" type weight, now I can do 5 sets of 10 easy, feels good. Also, I went up in weight in dumbbell press today and I couldn't find a weight that felt heavy. Kept going up up up, then just quit because it stated getting crowded. This bulk is going great I think. Sucks having a gut, but strength is def improving

Back
Top Bottom