STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

whats good fellas?

weighed in at 178 this morning.... looking to hit 180 before this month is over with.

Ramy calves were lacking also, and Phil had way more defitnition in his back then ramy whose back was just wide.

I was rooting for ramy....i hate phil heath with a passion it would of been nice to see him lose.

Phil is going to break Ronnie and Lee's records. I thought C Bum looked the best out of every competitor across all stages, also thought Sadik should have placed higher.

I do not understand Physique judging at all, Jeremy is obviously a beast but I don't see how he is leaps and bounds over everyone else, someone care to explain? Like what they look for.

Phil is going to break Ronnie and Lee's records. I thought C Bum looked the best out of every competitor across all stages, also thought Sadik should have placed higher.

I do not understand Physique judging at all, Jeremy is obviously a beast but I don't see how he is leaps and bounds over everyone else, someone care to explain? Like what they look for.

The amount of injection points probably plays a hug part. The more the judges see, the better.

They like them joocy bods...

Lol i dunno i always thought the mens physique was kinda lame with the board shorts and all, and not really focusing on hitting their quads and calves.

But i thought Brandon Hendrickson overall physique was better than Jeremy Buendia.

C-Bum was one of the favs to win this year.....i think the taller competitors overall get shafted against smaller individuals. Ansley just comes off as goofy asf when he poses, but im just an amateur lol

Lol i dunno i always thought the mens physique was kinda lame with the board shorts and all, and not really focusing on hitting their quads and calves.

But i thought Brandon Hendrickson overall physique was better than Jeremy Buendia.

C-Bum was one of the favs to win this year.....i think the taller competitors overall get shafted against smaller individuals. Ansley just comes off as goofy asf when he poses, but im just an amateur lol

Hendrickson looks big as FFFFFFF like he is almost to Classic size.

Physique seems like it is all about arms and abs lol

That preshow press conference was hilarious when ole boy goes "who knew they had all that testosterone in those little shorts" :lol:

yea hendrickson could crossover to classic physique if he wanted to.

i dunno physique does these dumb poses. Classic physique during prejudging you have to do 5 mandatory poses.

Pissed off fellas. My hip flexors are now hurting when I DL. Been affecting my sets terribly. Makes so mad that I just push through it until I can’t even take the weight off the ground which happened today at 405. Got pissed and threw my belt.

Looks like I’m gonna have to stretch more. Possibly tight due to the fact I’ve been doing a lot more cardio vs bulking season. Stretched them afterwards today they felt slightly better.

And yea I’m not a fan of Phil Heath either. Don’t follow BB too much just here and there. Where was my boy Kai at?!

Don't forget physique is still sort of new. So there hasn't really been a set physique that's the protocol for the judges are looking for.
Jeremy has been basically that. But the only one who can really even match his waist is potvin but he's not nearly as big and developed.
Some of these physique dudes are damn near as big as classic bodybuilding. The first year of physique was kinda pathetic.

Ima huge Sadiq fan. He was easily the hardest and most cuts. But he was small compared to the others.

Jeremy is arrogant asf

Yes a lot of these physique guys are big as crap

Classic physique is even newer....most people have no idea about it lol.... i believe sadik crossed over from physique to classic

He did last year.
Jeremy is an *** but his work ethic is amazing.
Phil is cool in my book too. He's a but if an *** but he's one of those lovable *******s.
Physique started as who looks good at the beach. It was more of the magazine cover models competition. The it turned into who can get bigger tighter waste. And they are the guys with the most social media following. That dude constance has like 3miliion followers

I feel like you have to have some sort of arrogance to be able to be at that level, just gotta keep the humility in there too.

Absolutely any athletic activity you gotta have that kobe mentality. You Def gotta believe in your self and your abilities. And know you do everything you can.
But that humility outside if comp is what's important. Phil is serious and Def works but his vids outside of that stuff is a bit light hearted. He's no public figure like Kai. And some others. But he's not a super villian either.
He makes his appearance. I like Cedric for the next motivator. His Arnold speech was nice

damn son... got pinned on the incline bench today... i think soundview cursed me :lol: jk

no but really i tried to hit 205 incline 5x5. on the 3rd set 5th rep, I failed. got pinned down and someone had to run over to me to help me get it up.

was mad embarrassing :blush::lol::smh: I never been pinned down before in a public gym. looks like thats my new goal for now. 205 for 5x5.

I get pinned a fair amount. No way to go to failure without getting pinned. No need to be embarrassed. That's how you know you went hard.

Pissed off fellas. My hip flexors are now hurting when I DL. Been affecting my sets terribly. Makes so mad that I just push through it until I can’t even take the weight off the ground which happened today at 405. Got pissed and threw my belt.

Looks like I’m gonna have to stretch more. Possibly tight due to the fact I’ve been doing a lot more cardio vs bulking season. Stretched them afterwards today they felt slightly better.

And yea I’m not a fan of Phil Heath either. Don’t follow BB too much just here and there. Where was my boy Kai at?!
Couch stretches or wall stretch.

Amazing for hips and quads. Just make sure to pair with the pigeon stretch to even out.

was driving back from the gym with a friend..

he threw up protein all over my car :sick::smh:|l

Absolutely any athletic activity you gotta have that kobe mentality. You Def gotta believe in your self and your abilities. And know you do everything you can.
But that humility outside if comp is what's important. Phil is serious and Def works but his vids outside of that stuff is a bit light hearted. He's no public figure like Kai. And some others. But he's not a super villian either.
He makes his appearance. I like Cedric for the next motivator. His Arnold speech was nice

Kai a public figure? Not sure if I agree there, I don't follow him at all though.

I think Ronnie was one of the most humble out there and thats what made him so great, he just had the total package. I think a lot of the top level BBers have some sort of short man complex so they are kinda dicks.

I think Sadik seems like he is pretty humble and down to earth.

I've followed kai since about 2008, hes all about that positivity. He's not as charismatic as Ronnie. (i think cedric would be the next ronnie personality wise) But Kai's a great dude. He's the one that's been going on all the interviews promoting the sport.. he's very deep his workout videos are a bit boring because he goes in to this super long philosophical speech during his sets. But mainly because he's been the closses to phil, (technically the only one to beat phil in other shows aside from jay cutler.
BB in general still doesn't have that IT person. (atleast the heavy weights) But the top dudes in the division are all older and not super social media savvy. The new wave coming up should help. Classic bodybuilding is going to bring the world back in to the awe of the Arnold days...
(just what I personally thing)

I would agree on classic physique bringing the aesthetic look back over the gut monsters out here....

It's just new but most of the physiques were better in the classic then bodybuilding imo

Because people want hope. People like to think they could achieve/do it too. One of the reasons physique blew up and is always the highest amount of competitors a show. Although I hope it goes back to bodies like Terry and constance.

Good luck brotha get ya monster on in the mean time I'm sure everything will work out

Respect fam

I'm looking to do boxing. Know this older guy that was golden gloves back in the day and he keep saying he gonna start a program but dude loaft af. Was suppose to start this month. Ima get on his case bout that. Two mths of that will be bless

Because people want hope. People like to think they could achieve/do it too. One of the reasons physique blew up and is always the highest amount of competitors a show. Although I hope it goes back to bodies like Terry and constance.

Yeah with proper training and diet for a long time you can get a decent physique naturally, just gotta deal with slow progress lol

Back
Top Bottom